ADVERTISEMENT

For those into Rugby...State title game Monday

NapervilleBuck

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Brother Rice vs Neuqua at Morton West at 4pm. It’s a great sport to see live.

Neuqua is going for the 3-peat.

Ruby is not a IHSA sport it’s a club. So they can give out a trophy but no IHSA trophy.

Like the Lacrosse cup few years ago

I am aware of that, just wondering how many teams there are in Illinois

Rice has an outstanding team. Many Football players. QB Bean is very good....Kirts....Desmond....Means. I played Rugby for a season on the CPD program when they used to have it years ago....thought after many years of playing Football this would fun and no problem....WOW was I wrong! Toughest sport I ever played!

Rice has an outstanding team. Many Football players. QB Bean is very good....Kirts....Desmond....Means. I played Rugby for a season on the CPD program when they used to have it years ago....thought after many years of playing Football this would fun and no problem....WOW was I wrong! Toughest sport I ever played!
It’s a great sport that is the epitome of team effort. Should be a great game Monday.

I am aware of that, just wondering how many teams there are in Illinois
Here is the IL Rugby website with teams listed. Most of them play as a true club rather then as a school. Being a Club Sport a student from JCA could play for MC (example). Catholic League schools that have it are MC, Rice, Fenwick, Marist, Ignatius, and Rita.

https://rugbyillinois.org/boys-hs

Any idea how many Illinois high schools have Rugby teams?

Most of the teams that are the better teams have rugby teams. A few years ago Lincoln way had a team that had east central and provi players on it

I didn’t go but heard it was an amazing game all the way to the end. Congrats to Rice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT