ADVERTISEMENT

For JCA fans heading to IC on Friday night

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I've been getting asked this a lot this AM so....

IC plays it's home games at Plunkett Park in Elmhurst....very nice turf field but the Knights have VERY limited seating/parking and I believe if I remember correctly have seating on just the home side of the field.

I would expect to park in the neighborhood around the park and also expect to stand the entire game.

IC Home Field at Plunkett Park

When you review the Park District site, you need to realize that IC kept ownership of the square including their baseball field and football field, while donating the rest to the park district...so the park district spent the money on the smallish on-site parking lot, etc...and IC installed the turf on their property only...

The small parking lot is shared by youth sports as there are a few baseball diamonds there too - but hopefully nothing is scheduled there on a Friday night. The parking lot is also used by a Fitness Center to the immediate south of the field - it will be a mess. Just arrive extra early and head into the residential area for parking and suck up a few block walk. I do not think parking is limited in the residential area. As for the game, just find a good spot to stand and/or folding chair if opting for the north end zone - do not bother with the visitor bleachers. Even the views are somewhat obstructed - the first couple rows are too low and higher up rows, you are a bit cutoff by the IC bleachers. Just a terrible setup - and true, the IC people will do their best to block JCA folks from the main bleachers. Last year, for the ST L v IC game, I sat in the IC section since we were sitting with IC friends and parents we knew. After 5 minutes of big time grief from IC folks, I decided to roam and ended up watching the game from the ST L sideline - leaving the wife behind. Go JCA!!!

Reactions: Gene K.
I heard the student section, called the hill zone, will be coming to IC Friday night. Should really be a mass of humanity. Lol. IC fans got a rude of awakening. Lol

I remember officiating a game there when it was grass. It poured before the game, that field was a mess, just like the parking, and we had reserved parking.

You would almost think this would be a good game to move to Elmhurst College or let's play it at Naz.

Play it at Naz???? Less seating then IC. Unless your sitting on the home side, Naz is a cess pool to watch a game. Are you kidding me???? Should be at memorial stadium in Joliet. Or a college field like above mentioned. No where to tie up the horses either for the posse. Lol

Play it at Naz???? Less seating then IC. Unless your sitting on the home side, Naz is a cess pool to watch a game. Are you kidding me???? Should be at memorial stadium in Joliet. Or a college field like above mentioned. No where to tie up the horses either for the posse. Lol
You must have never watched a game at naz. One of the best stadiums for a game. So close to the action.

Reactions: Wassup13
You must have never watched a game at naz. One of the best stadiums for a game. So close to the action.

Ditto. Naz is the best place in the State to watch a game. I've been to many places in 30 years and my favorite team is not Naz.

You get great views all over the field and yes right up next to the field. The younger kids have a big play area in the visitor section. You cannot beat the place.

Ditto. Naz is the best place in the State to watch a game. I've been to many places in 30 years and my favorite team is not Naz.

You get great views all over the field and yes right up next to the field. The younger kids have a big play area in the visitor section. You cannot beat the place.

I dont know if I would say it is the best place in the state to watch a game, but I agree that it is a great place to watch high school football. I like being able to be so close to the action. One draw back it lack of visitor seating and the bleachers are low. If you are in the first few rows, it is tough to see over the players on the sidelines.

York Dukes are playing away at Addison Trail. Play the game at York H.S. Plenty of room for everyone and better parking.

I did mention the visitors side of view sucks. I did mention I like to sit up high. So obviously, if you like to watch football there: A) your sitting on home side, or B) you like to stand at ground level and watch. The visitor stands are so close to the players, the first 5 rows are unusable. That leaves 5 rows of seating. That is it. The posse can’t enjoy a JCA game when they run 99% of the time. We need to see the poetry in motion, meaning the line. Love watching the down blocks and the trench warfare. Parking is not fun either.

Parking sucks, the stands aren't the best, but we get to see some great hs football. Jca -21.5 , too tough upfront for the knights. Let's enjoy some great high school ball.

Lol! You don't get to create your own bulletin board material that easy... I can see it now.. you print off this post and say hey guys look at this.... these guys think you're gonna lose by 22! AND they're talking bad about "our house" ragging on our facility!

I will agree Naz is a great place to watch a game. The little hill at the south end is great view. When the game moves to other end of field, easy to walk down there and stay close to the action.

Much preferred to Benedictine where you are a mile away from the field and visiting fans are five feet away from you.

Reactions: Wassup13
There will be plenty of parking at Naz this year don't worry Jchill-1

You would almost think this would be a good game to move to Elmhurst College or let's play it at Naz.
or possibly ask their neighbor just a couple blocks away from Plunkett to rent their field as York travels to Addison Trail on Friday night!

I’m with JChill on that I like to sit up high and watch the game from a vantage point. I do bring my binoculars for when I want to focus in on a particular area of the field etc. so being close or far from the action isn’t a huge concern for me. I do like to have room for my seat chair and easy parking. Those are definite pluses!!

Reactions: Jchill-1

Sounds like you never been to the city of no pity...E St Louis has the best stadium as far as seating, parking and tailgating. Hands down.
Not saying the game should be there. Just making a point in regards to the best venue.

Reactions: RockSoup
Ok posse, getting the horse ready to ride up to elmhurst. Will go up early to find a watering hole for me and my trusty stallion. You guys behave while I’m gone. Lol. Remember, plenty of room in the posse, probably not at plunkett field, so get ready to ride next week with me. Go Hilllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Ok posse, getting the horse ready to ride up to elmhurst. Will go up early to find a watering hole for me and my trusty stallion. You guys behave while I’m gone. Lol. Remember, plenty of room in the posse, probably not at plunkett field, so get ready to ride next week with me. Go Hilllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!

What will you be wearing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT