ADVERTISEMENT

Flyers Psychological Warfare

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
Even before kick-off against EastSide, O’Fallon had to know they were in for East Side’s best effort after last season's win. And if they didn’t, then the musical selection should have given the Panthers a clue.

James Brown’s “The Payback” blared from the speakers as the team’s lined up for the opening kickoff.

After the 48-2 drubbing, Flyer tackle MIles McVay quipped, “They decided to shoot TikToks on the field. So we had to show them what a TikTok was.”

“It was definitely tough sledding,” O’Fallon coach Byron Gettis said. “We all have film. We know East St. Louis is really talented and one of the best teams in the state and in the Midwest. For our program we want to come out and compete against teams like that. You’re going to take your lumps and bruises and stuff like that when you play a team like that. The main thing is we compete.”

Even before kick-off against EastSide, O’Fallon had to know they were in for East Side’s best effort after last season's win. And if they didn’t, then the musical selection should have given the Panthers a clue.

James Brown’s “The Payback” blared from the speakers as the team’s lined up for the opening kickoff.

After the 48-2 drubbing, Flyer tackle MIles McVay quipped, “They decided to shoot TikToks on the field. So we had to show them what a TikTok was.”

“It was definitely tough sledding,” O’Fallon coach Byron Gettis said. “We all have film. We know East St. Louis is really talented and one of the best teams in the state and in the Midwest. For our program we want to come out and compete against teams like that. You’re going to take your lumps and bruises and stuff like that when you play a team like that. The main thing is we compete.”
What's that even mean Miles.

I see the loss to St. Iggy has you a little bothered today. It happens.

Funny, after hearing of MC’s loss to St. Iggy, I immediately paralleled it to our loss to O’Fallon in the Spring (us both having a Sophomore-laden team that was beaten by a program whom we have traditionally had our way with) and it brought forth a sense of empathy within me.

Not sure why this guy feels the need to throw rocks our way. I understand his pain, but in no way relate to his reaction to it.

Last edited:

Did ESL get their waiver into 6A? I still see them in 5A on the IHSA site.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Funny, after hearing of MC’s loss to St. Iggy, I immediately paralleled it to our loss to O’Fallon in the Spring (us both having a Sophomore-laden team that was beaten by a program whom we have traditionally had our way with) and it brought forth a sense of empathy within me.
That’s a pretty good comparison of the losses. I would think that in both cases, no one other than the players, coaches and parents and fans of O’Fallon or SICP really thought they had a chance to win those games. Those guys should celebrate as loudly as they’d like for a couple of days before starting to prep for the following week.

And just like ESL did this year, next time MC plays SICP, if they use this game and the reactions from players/fans as motivation to put a little extra into the game, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT