ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: LWE vs. Niles Notre Dame 23-13 East

I'm just saying. Imagine if Hennesy said "We played a sloppy first half. Won the 2nd half 13-0. But got complacent and sloppy in the 1st half. The Griffins played well too."

ESCC fan...what exactly are you looking for? ND won the second half. The first half they lost. There are scoreboards at the games for HS players to look at afterwards. Maybe LWE and the Dons can schedule non-cons in the future? For the first meeting of the two teams it was a great battle. Maybe JCA can take note and schedule LWE for the future as well ? The Dons have my respect and they fought to the end of this one game. I thought they played a better game than against Barrington the week before. ( tape viewing on my part. )

Reactions: NickThilmany
No. Their play calling remained the same throughout the game. Their touchdown drives started at NDs 1, NDs 15 and NDs 48.
Not true. One started at the LW 35 that I remember. First half ND had 2 first downs?

Not true. One started at the LW 35 that I remember. First half ND had 2 first downs?

ND was shut out in the 1st half. LWE was shut out in the 2nd half. One TD and a safety separated the teams. And one of LWE's TD's and its safety were the direct results of ND miscues. Thus, ND's mistakes and LWE's subsequently taking advantage of said mistakes made the difference in this one.

Wish we could have seen ND against some other 8A competition rather than the #1 squad so early, but it is what it is. LWE is a top tier program and it was great to see the Dons compete with them in a playoff game.

Let’s do a non-con. Make it happen. Although...I would count the second ND TD a LWE miscue of a clear interception that “miraculously “ was stolen by the ND receiver. A great play that I don’t think I have ever seen at the HS level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT