ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: LWE vs. Niles Notre Dame 23-13 East

Anyone at the game and can give us some details?
ND struggling with East D?
AJ seems to be off to a quick start?
How is RB Williams doing?

Anyone at the game and can give us some details?
ND struggling with East D?
AJ seems to be off to a quick start?
How is RB Williams doing?
I’m terrible with details, but yes, yes, and Devon isn’t playing today.

No this game was definitely closer than the score said. Critical special teams mistake by the Dons cost them. LWE did not consistently move the ball on the Dons D.

Reactions: ESCC fan
Sounds like they represented themselves proudly as I suspected they’d do. It was a fun season. I look forward to next year. Good luck to LWE the rest of the way. Go Dons!!
I'm a Catholic school girl, but need help, can you tell me what a Don is?

Reactions: eireog
Good game all around. ND second score was a desperation throw into the end zone that the Griffin DB had intercepted high, bringing the ball down to his chest the WR from ND pulled from him while falling ...very cool. Just prior to that the ND students had chanted “Jesus loves us”. On the 2 point try after the score that thought was lost as the ball was caught but just shy of the end zone. LWE was tested for sure by the QB from Niles. Some interesting calls and no calls, but overall made no difference? Some injuries catching up with LWE. Play calling did get conservative in the second half and prevent D for the East side may have been too early. Hats off to ND who easily could have quit in this one.

Last edited:
Good game all around. ND second score was a desperation throw into the end zone that the Griffin DB had intercepted high, bringing the ball down to his chest the WR from ND pulled from him while falling ...very cool. Just prior to that the ND students had chanted “Jesus loves us”. On the 2 point try after the score that thought was lost as the ball was caught but just shy of the end zone. LWE was tested for sure by the QB from Niles. Some interesting calls and no calls, but overall made no difference? Some injuries catching up with LWE. Play calling did get conservative in the second half and prevent D for the East side may have been too early. Hats off to ND who easily could have quit in this one.

I asked earlier in the post. Why didn’t Williams play? Does anyone know if he will be back next week?

East did not make adjustments at half. ND defensive line were great at creating piles of bodies in the hole and bringing linebackers. ND had 8 or 9 in the box most of the day. East defensive End Wilson was having a monster game until being injured on an extra point. He did not play the second half.

ND quarterback is a junior and he is a D-1 prospect. Hats off to ND defense...one of the best I have seen all year.

If Griffins play like this next week against either Nequa or HF, they will have problems.

East did not make adjustments at half. ND defensive line were great at creating piles of bodies in the hole and bringing linebackers. ND had 8 or 9 in the box most of the day. East defensive End Wilson was having a monster game until being injured on an extra point. He did not play the second half.

ND quarterback is a junior and he is a D-1 prospect. Hats off to ND defense...one of the best I have seen all year.

If Griffins play like this next week against either Nequa or HF, they will have problems.
Agree.

Zvonar on record per sun times article the 2nd half was the worst they have played all year, got very complacent (and also said credit due to ND for creating problems). One team has to take advantage of a bad game or half of east has one. That being said, if Z is on this already and put team on notice, I don't think it'll be an issue next week vs whoever they play.

Zvonar on record per sun times article the 2nd half was the worst they have played all year, got very complacent (and also said credit due to ND for creating problems). One team has to take advantage of a bad game or half of east has one. That being said, if Z is on this already and put team on notice, I don't think it'll be an issue next week vs whoever they play.
Leave it to Z to see all. He is such a great coach. These kids will get a well deserved hard week. If they want to go back to the ship, they are going to have to do a lot better.

Reactions: Videosurfer

Don't love the "worst they have played all year" and being "complacent". ND could easily say the same about the 1st half.

Fake news ESCC. There are three articles currently out there none with disparaging comments related to ND.

Don't love the "worst they have played all year" and being "complacent". ND could easily say the same about the 1st half.
There was no stream of the game so I got back to my honey do list and followed the ND media crew twitter feed. It sounded like ND got pinned back in their own end the entire first half and muffed a punt that put us behind the eight ball early. Unfortunately the Dons aren’t good enough at this point to spot an excellent team points. Hopefully we will be at that point someday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT