Name: Zachary Barlev

Position: OG

High School: Plainfield East

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 265 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Zachary Barlev:
I have been able to watch Zack Barlev in person a handful of times over the past two years at various camps and showcase events. Barlev has eyeball passing size and no question has the overall size/frame and physical tools to play at the FBS/FCS level in college. Barlev is a three sport athlete at Plainfield East (football/wrestling/baseball) and a solid student in the class room. Barlev is also a vocal leader for the Bengals inside and outside of the building.

Evaluation of Zachary Barlev: Zack Barlev has the overall tools and size/ability to play at the FBS/FCS level. Barlev has good size/frame, checks in at a solid 6-foot-4, 265 pounds plus and has the potential to add a bit more size and good weight at the next level. Barlev has good overall mobility and has a good first step. Barlev also has good power and continues to add more size and strength this off season. Barlev plays OT at Plainfield East but I feel he has the frame and look of more of a OC/OG type in college. Barlev also plays hard, plays thru the whistle and is no question a full effort player down in and down out.

Room for improvement? Barlev at times just doesn't get to the next level of blocks on a consistent basis. Barlev also has good strength and power yet I'm still waiting to see him use that potential and ability to become a much more dominant linemen at the high school level. Barlev also needs to continue to work on his overall speed, first step, better leverage and quickness. Barlev also like all high school linemen at times forgets to use his hands and will need to be much more consistent in using his hands to his advantage including working on improving his hand fighting skills along with showing more violence in his overall game.

Projected level: Rivals has Zachary Barlev listed as mid two star ranked recruit in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Zachary Barlev?

Zachary Barlev I feel is a kid who has really just started to understand and is beginning to realize that he has a real chance at playing college football at a higher level. Barlev's junior video is decent...not great or overwhelming in my opinion. His overall size and eyeball passing look is no question draw several FBS and FCS level looks and some offers this winter and early spring. I feel that Barlev has a very good chance of becoming a kid who's recruiting stock could take a big step up with a strong showing this coming spring and summer (if the Coronavirus allows). Based off of his junior year video I feel he's an upper two star to low three star ranked player right now...yet has the potential to make a big time impression later this spring and he could really flourish this summer in camps with pads on. Barlev is playing for a strong coach and Oline mentor in Brad Kunz and Barlev could end up drawing more low to mid Big 10 level attention later this year. He could raise his eventual star ranking to a low to mid 3 star.

EDGYTIM Rankings: High Two Star to Low Three Star Recruit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News