Name: Otto Hess

Position: OT

High School: Oswego

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-7

Weight: 280 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Otto Hess:
I was able to see Otto Hess play live in 2019 in the state p[layoffs against Bolingbrook. I have also seen Hess in person a handful of times over the past two plus years at various camps and team summer events. Hess is no question an eyeball passing offensive tackle body. Hess has terrific overall size and length and also possesses a frame that will allow him to add even more good weight and size at the college level. Hess was named as an all conference and all area performer in 2019 for the Panthers and head coach Brian Cooney. Hess already has double digit scholarship offers including several offers from the Mid American Conference.

Evaluation of Otto Hess: Hess is a really long athletic big man who has some impressive physical tools and upside for the college level. Hess has impressive length and reach, possesses a large and wide frame and shows overall impressive feet, good quickness and Hess also is a fluid runner/athlete who can get out and get to the second level blocks. Hess has good natural bend in a stance and also has good overall lateral quickness for a kid his size. Hess already has decent strength and power and will continue to just get bigger and stronger from here on out. I also love Hess motor and this is a kid that goes hard at all times for one of the better programs in Chicagoland.

Room for improvement? Hess no question is still very much a work in progress on a handful of levels. Hess has the look and feel of a Power 5 offensive tackle, but will need to continue to add more strength and develop more of a punch. Hess also at times just doesn't use his hands consistently. Hess also will need to continue to work on and improve his overall pass pro since he and become more consistent with his overall technique for the college level.

Projected level: Rivals has Otto Hess listed as an unranked recruit in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Otto Hess?

Again Rivals has Hess unranked...more of a reflection of them not seeing him in any camps which is generally the case when a kid with multiple offers at this stage remains unranked. Otto Hess I feel is still a raw recruit with a ton of upside for the high college level. Various Big Ten schools have Hess on a short list and is a name that they had planned to see more from live this spring and into the summer. Hess I feel will add more offers and no question has the potential to become a potential Power 5 name down the line. Hess has the physical tools, plays with a great motor and his upside in unquestioned. I have Hess has a mid three star name here with a real chance to raise that overall recruiting stock (hopefully minus the Coronavirus delays and issues etc) later this spring and summer.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Mid to Upper Three Star Recruit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News