Name: Jack Walsh

Position: OG/OC

High School: Fremd

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-3

Weight: 290 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Jack Walsh:
Jack Walsh has been on several recruiting radar screens for well over two years and counting. Walsh was an all conference and all area performer for the Vikings in 2019 and will be a 3 year varsity starter and a four year letterman in 2020 fort Fremd. Walsh, who is a strong student in the class room is holding several different FBS/FCS scholarship offers this summer.

Evaluation of Jack Walsh: Walsh is an impressive interior offensive lineman who shows well on video. Walsh is for the most part a physically ready made player for the college level who carries his 290 pound frame well. Walsh has very good bend, quickness and mobility who shows good feet, a quick first step and Walsh is simply a high level athlete playing on the offensive line. Walsh also shows very good power and strength who at times can simply overwhelm opposing defensive linemen. Walsh also can and will pull effectively, can zero in on his initial block then seeks out the next level blocks consistently. I also love Walsh's overall motor and effort and this is a kid that goes 100 percent on literally every snap.

Room for improvement? Walsh does a lot of things well and I don;'t see any real glaring issues missing in his game. Walsh at times can forget to use his hands to separate and disengage from an opposing defensive linemen, and Walsh can also use his hands better overall and improve his hand fighting skills and show a bit more violence using his hands. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Walsh to draw more late looks/interest at say the higher D1 level as strictly an OC.

Projected level:
Rivals has Jack Walsh currently unranked in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Jack Walsh?

Overall I really like Jack Walsh game and the unranked deal with Rivals is more reflective as them not seeing Walsh in person at any type of camps or showcase events over the past two years. Walsh I feel is a very solid, fundamentally strong player who no question will become a very strong interior OL at the lower to middle D level, and Walsh I feel would be an absolute steal at say the high FCS level. Walsh is a ready made interior OL who might not have the overall length or reach of say a Power 5 level OG/OC, yet outside of length and reach I see pretty much everything else you would look for in a higher level offensive linemen. I have Walsh ranked as a low to mid three star going back to early this year....and Walsh is one of a handful of 2021 OL I was really hoping to see more from this spring/summer. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see Walsh/Fremd in person this coming season and will have an updated eval and ranking on him here.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Low to Mid Three Star

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News