ADVERTISEMENT

Evaluation: 2018 Chicago Solorio QB Quincy Patterson

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Note: All heights/weights are estimates and can and will change.

Name: Quincy Patterson

School: Solorio

Graduation Year: 2018

Position: Quarterback

Height: 6-foot-3

Weight: 225 pounds

Recruiting Status: Open- nearly 20 offers this winter several from Power 5 schools.

Has EDGY seen him Live? Yes. Various summer college one day camps in 2016.

About Quincy Patterson: Patterson has been a starter for the Sun Warriors since his freshman season. Patterson in 2016 was named as an all conference, all area and al All State performer. Patterson, who is also a high academics student is a terrific young man to talk to voer the past year plus and seems mature beyond his years.

EDGY's Take: Patterson is already landing college scholarship offers left and right so his overall stock is really not even a question. Patterson is maybe one of the most impressive on the hoof dual threat quarterbacks not just in the Class of 2018 in Illinois but potentially in the entire Midwest. Patterson just passes every eyeball test with ease. Patterson has great size/strength and power. Patterson runs the football with a great mix of patience, quickness and exceptional burst. Patterson is just an extremely fluid runner who just seems to glide more than runn. In the passing game, Patterson throws the football with ease and just seems to have a cannon for a right arm. Patterson shows good touch and feel in the short to medium portion of the passing game. Patterson also shows good patience when in the pocket along with being able to feel pressure and also a feel for avoiding pressure.

Could improve upon: I'd like to see Quincy Patterson's improve upon his overall consistency in the passing game. Also, Patterson also hasn't played against a higher level of competition week in and week out in the Sun Warriors schedule. Can Patterson elevate his game the higher the competition level goes? Again this is no question more of a knit picking deal but these are questions that more than myself have asked regarding Patterson.

EDGY's Early Evaluation: You can't help but be impressed with the physical tools, the work ethic and just the overall package from Quincy Patterson. Patterson has added a boatload of early offer for good reasons. yes you will find quarterbacks with a better overall game at this stage. Some others will be more accomplished passer and others will have progressed a bit more also at this stage. Yet mix in Patterson's potential. his work ethic, upside and overall game and smarts? Again it's pretty hard not to like Quincy Patterson here.

Ranking? Patterson I feel is a mid 4 star recruit based off of his game and down the road potential. Patterson has all the makings of a kid who with more hard work can become a pretty special player at the major college level. Patterson will need to finding the right system along with the right scenario at the college level however. Every kid wants and plans to start right away and Patterson will be no different. Yet personally I hope Patterson isn't made to start immediately. Patterson I hope will get a chance to sit, watch and learn before he gets thrown into the fire. Then once he's ready? Look out. Huge, huge upside and potential here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT