ADVERTISEMENT

ESL VS K3 thoughts?

I have not seen any of kankakee this year other than the last few minutes of yesterday's game. It seemed like they had a decent rb and a big ol.

Was really looking forward to this game when the brackets were announced, but 3K's didn't look so hot against Ike and the FLYERS are really clicking. I wouldn't be surprised if ESL blows them out 🔶🔷🔶🔷

I have not seen any of kankakee this year other than the last few minutes of yesterday's game. It seemed like they had a decent rb and a big ol.
They gave up 35 points in first half. Will be something like 42-7 or 42-14 at half. ESL wins 63-14 or 63-20

They gave up 35 points in first half. Will be something like 42-7 or 42-14 at half. ESL wins 63-14 or 63-20
Could yesterday have been an anomaly? Their def has been good all year. I also don't know anything about Eisenhowers offe.se

K3 defense was really shaky yesterday. On the bright side, they shut them out 2nd half, but the bad news is they gave up 35 in the 1st. Eisenhower had one WR go for like 270. Play D like that and it will be over before you know it.
Their starting QB didn’t play round 1 but did return yesterday, although he split time with the backup.
Clearly the Flyers are big favorites. K3 will have to show something they haven’t shown yet to stay in the game.

From what I heard on Facebook and twitter. There’s a video I saw where the players were saying ESL you next.

Honest question.
Obviously doesn’t apply to this year, but the two years before, Lemont played ESL pretty close. Very close last year. Maybe there was a late score or something that made it closer than actual, but anyway..
How did Lemont manage to stay in the game last two years? Because on paper both those games looked like they should have been easy ESL wins.
I’m not saying that’s gonna happen at K3, but it got me wondering bout it.

Anyway, I’ll say this one is something like 54-12. K3 hasn’t looked sharp lately in what should have been pretty easy wins for a title contender.

Last edited:
well if it happened on twitter then it must be true and taken to heart :rolleyes:

Honest question.
Obviously doesn’t apply to this year, but the two years before, Lemont played ESL pretty close. Very close last year. Maybe there was a late score or something that made it closer than actual, but anyway..
How did Lemont manage to stay in the game last two years? Because on paper both those games looked like they should have been easy ESL wins.

Anyway, I’ll say this one is something like 54-12. K3 hasn’t looked sharp lately in what should have been pretty easy wins for a title contender.
The game two years ago wasnt close. They won by 21 after a late td by Lemont.

Reactions: doctor_d
There’s a little bit of something to bulletin board material. It’s been used as a motivational tactic for as long as I can remember.
That said, all those kids are gonna play their asses off regardless of what is or is not in the media or social media

The game two years ago wasnt close. They won by 21 after a late td by Lemont.
Yeah I hear that, but it wasn’t the typical running clock. And there was last year… I was more wondering just how it unfolded. Ball control offense and finishing drives?

Yeah I hear that, but it wasn’t the typical running clock. And there was last year… I was more wondering just how it unfolded. Ball control offense and finishing drives?
Lemont had a really good team that year, not sure a running clock would have been expected. Probably didn't deserve to be a qtr final matchup. I do remember they had a really good running back

Honest question.

The first game against Lemont was not close. The 2nd one is a different story. It was pretty damn cold which had a huge effect on our passing attack (2 interceptions in our own territory, in fact). In both games, 2 of our key players managed to somehow get ejected.

In the first game, our #2 DB, opposite of Toriano Pride, Jr., was ejected early on the 4th Qtr. for “taunting”, which eventually allowed Lemont to put two touchdowns on the board, making it appear closer than it was. He was forced to miss the following week against Crete.

The 2nd game, we trailed by 14 points in the 1st Qtr. Lemont was ready, no doubt. When we eventuallly went up by 2 scores, our OLB/backup RB was ejected for taunting (he couldn’t play in the Championship game). He was the teams hype-man, so that had an immediate impact on our kid’s psyche.

Kankakee have had a very good season (beating Nazareth (Who will probably win 5A at this point) and Washington, who are still playing in 6A). I'm sure Coach Osei will have his guys fired up, but even at home I can't see them giving the Flyers too much trouble. 3-4 touchdowns is my guess as to margin.

Disciplined, turn-over free football keeps the Kays in this one for the first half. Second Half is when ESL turns it up and finishes 40+ ahead.

Disciplined, turn-over free football keeps the Kays in this one for the first half. Second Half is when ESL turns it up and finishes 40+ ahead.
Gonna be a lot of unsportsmanlike penalties in this. And a lot of taunting.

The first game against Lemont was not close. The 2nd one is a different story. It was pretty damn cold which had a huge effect on our passing attack (2 interceptions in our own territory, in fact). In both games, 2 of our key players managed to somehow get ejected.

In the first game, our #2 DB, opposite of Toriano Pride, Jr., was ejected early on the 4th Qtr. for “taunting”, which eventually allowed Lemont to put two touchdowns on the board, making it appear closer than it was. He was forced to miss the following week against Crete.

The 2nd game, we trailed by 14 points in the 1st Qtr. Lemont was ready, no doubt. When we eventuallly went up by 2 scores, our OLB/backup RB was ejected for taunting (he couldn’t play in the Championship game). He was the teams hype-man, so that had an immediate impact on our kid’s psyche.
Maybe it might be better if they stopped the taunting?

So far this has been a competitive game. Kankakee got the ball first and moved down the field pretty easily before fumbling and turning the ball over. ESL responded by moving the ball down field easily before getting picked off. After that it's mostly been all defense. Not sure how long that will last though.

Reactions: rocketnation
K3 having lots of trouble moving the ball.
Their best offensive play, the RB got stripped. Gonna have to get creative if they wanna stay in this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT