ADVERTISEMENT

ESL Flyers football 2020 what a schedule

Yeah it’s a bad game for the Flyers it will be nice to go to California but unfortunately they are going to get crushed.

The thing about that is we are NOT afraid of a loss. If that happens trust we will learn from it.
Also If LWE, LA , Naz and any other IL school is willing to play just contact us. Home or away. Hats off to Montini and Batavia

The cupboard is bare at SJB was tongue in cheek ... that is a factory - a move-the-family or send-the-boy type of place before IMG advertised being so.

This is not a game you schedule Willy Nilly ... the O next year will have as many playmakers and firepower as anyone in the country.

Gotta see what the D can do. But for the Flyers, this is not an annual thing. This is stepping up when you have the team to do it.

The thing about that is we are NOT afraid of a loss. If that happens trust we will learn from it.
Also If LWE, LA , Naz and any other IL school is willing to play just contact us. Home or away. Hats off to Montini and Batavia

I am with on this one. I said before we have teams here in Illinois that would give ESL all they can handle but agree with you if they won’t agree to play them well I see ESL point and schedule out of state schools. I am actually intrigued to see how they stack up against a SJB team and program.

The cupboard is bare at SJB was tongue in cheek ... that is a factory - a move-the-family or send-the-boy type of place before IMG advertised being so.

This is not a game you schedule Willy Nilly ... the O next year will have as many playmakers and firepower as anyone in the country.

Gotta see what the D can do. But for the Flyers, this is not an annual thing. This is stepping up when you have the team to do it.

should be a great game. I still say it’s smart to play them in the first game of the season.

I think it’s awesome for a great program to get this opportunity to travel and play high level game with great exposure for the kids and program.With that said you cannot ever say your a top team in Illinois playing at the 6A level,especially watching them struggle with nequa and prairie ridge last yr.

I think it’s awesome for a great program to get this opportunity to travel and play high level game with great exposure for the kids and program.With that said you cannot ever say your a top team in Illinois playing at the 6A level,especially watching them struggle with nequa and prairie ridge last yr.
Tired argument.

NV - bud time, took a shot to the chin, stood before the count. Wins on the scorecards, unanimously but only by a round.

Struggle with PR? Did you ever think PR would win the game? I’ll say it again, that stupid option.

Who else from IL in 2020 would you rather play SJB to represent the good name of Illinois than East Side? Please offer up your better choice.

Is this a scoop? Did Flyer reach out to LA and LWE for games in recent history and were declined?

Tired argument.

NV - bud time, took a shot to the chin, stood before the count. Wins on the scorecards, unanimously but only by a round.

Struggle with PR? Did you ever think PR would win the game? I’ll say it again, that stupid option.

Who else from IL in 2020 would you rather play SJB to represent the good name of Illinois than East Side? Please offer up your better choice.
I think ESL, LWE, MC and LA are your best to represent IL next year. That being said, huge props to ESL for stepping up. It’s going to be a big challenge (would be for any of the aforementioned). Candidly, I think LA, MC and LWE traditionally have better defenses than ESL.

I think ESL, LWE, MC and LA are your best to represent IL next year. That being said, huge props to ESL for stepping up. It’s going to be a big challenge (would be for any of the aforementioned). Candidly, I think LA, MC and LA traditionally have better defenses than ESL.
Traditionally, in the last five years, absolutely, hands down yes. I’m hoping that this year, they get back to some old school defenses - some that have occurred under Sunkett - some nasty boys.

Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
I have said it many times on this board. ESL has reached to EVERY team that has had a week one or two opening since 2007. After being told no or no response it’s time to move on.
Source? And can you confirm that LA declined?

You know I have read all your post from last year and every time you post refuse to comment and will continue after this, Why because its clear you are very very uneducated on high school football and truely know nothing about the game. All your post prove my point try to remain silent and just read.

Would be 7A every year if the system would allow it. We didn’t ask for 6A, it’s was forced on us.

should be a great game. I still say it’s smart to play them in the first game of the season.
It’s the 3rd game
It looks like they start a week before Illinois football starts so it will likely be SJB's 4th game of the year.

It sounded like it from their video about the new stadium they start earlier and then I checked their schedule on line and 2019 they started a week before us.

If you are really curious you can inbox me and I can give you specifics. I won’t put that specific information out there for the public. Remember LA was in the Classic before and played Ofallon.
Thanks man! Just curious. Would love for LA to schedule ESL sounds like the Flyers tried to make it happen. I very much respect your desire to be discreet. Thank you and I should have had better instincts to PM you initially.

Thanks man! Just curious. Would love for LA to schedule ESL sounds like the Flyers tried to make it happen. I very much respect your desire to be discreet. Thank you and I should have had better instincts to PM you initially.

I am sure at some point the match up will happen. I look forward to that game as well as LWE. ESL was on a crash course with LWE in the playoffs a couple of times and never made it to each other. LA, MS, LWE and HF are the schools I would like to see ESL play.

Would be 7A every year if the system would allow it. We didn’t ask for 6A, it’s was forced on us.
I completely understand that it’s not ESL fault they are not 7A or 8A.If was up to them they would move up!It is common sense when you don’t play the top ten teams in Illinois you can’t claim to be the best.

I completely understand that it’s not ESL fault they are not 7A or 8A.If was up to them they would move up!It is common sense when you don’t play the top ten teams in Illinois you can’t claim to be the best.

no team in Illinois play the top ten teams. It’s impossible with only 14 total games

I commend ESL for going out to play SJB. That is what topnotch programs should do! Those kids are amazing athletes and their coaching staff is amazing! GoFlyers! I'm a huge fan. My prediction is the Flyers will be a top 5 program in the country by the end of this season.

If they play and beat teams like SJB I will agree with you.

The only person mentioned a transfer was TM during an interview. The person he was speaking about was there at the combine as well. I believe one of the beat writers mentioned it in their article of players that performed well at the combine.
I believe the transfers so far are presson and palmer from trinity. And Robinson from ritter

This is such a dumb argument. What if st. John bosco had their same exact roster and played in 3a. It has absolutely no bearing on how good that individual team is.

I commend ESL for going out to play SJB. That is what topnotch programs should do! Those kids are amazing athletes and their coaching staff is amazing! GoFlyers! I'm a huge fan. My prediction is the Flyers will be a top 5 program in the country by the end of this season.
If they win that game and run the table I can see them cracking the top 10 for sure. Top 5 is tough because of the perception of Illinois football around the country. You’ll still have a team or 2 from California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania and then look at an outlier from Georgia or Arizona or Alabama. But that would still be a great accomplishment and definitely boost the image of Illinois football.

I'm really close to the ESL program and was there when they reached out on several occasions. Refer to tigers94 earlier post

Ok
Sure I believe you.
I have know idea who you are and what you do or don’t know. If they reached out to East and they said no then I have to believe it’s because something else. I know coach Z and will tell you East is in no way afraid to play ESL. I would love to see them play. I think it would be a great game.

If they win that game and run the table I can see them cracking the top 10 for sure. Top 5 is tough because of the perception of Illinois football around the country. You’ll still have a team or 2 from California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania and then look at an outlier from Georgia or Arizona or Alabama. But that would still be a great accomplishment and definitely boost the image of Illinois football.
Agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT