ADVERTISEMENT

ESL Flyers football 2020 what a schedule

flyerforlife

Oct 2, 2010
ERyhHffXsAE5_PG

From a strictly selfish standpoint....a bit too much St. Louis heavy for me...but totally understandable...the Classic needs to get more Chicagoland area teams back

Who foots the bill for ESL to travel to Cali for a game? That can't be a cheap trip. Is there sponsorship money? Is it all fundraising? Does the district kick in money? Does Bosco help with expenses?

Who foots the bill for ESL to travel to Cali for a game? That can't be a cheap trip. Is there sponsorship money? Is it all fundraising? Does the district kick in money? Does Bosco help with expenses?
I would assume SJB foots most of it. They are swimming in money and play a national schedule.

The Classic welcomes team from the Chicago land. Unfortunately most aren’t interested in traveling
Fair....but it's also fair that opposing teams are better served at times with a home and home if they can get one...which I'm sure does't help the organizers at all...and trust me the Classic is...well..classic so no need to sell me on it

Just curious as to why whenever a team is traveling the question is who foots the bill?

Just curious as to why whenever a team is traveling the question is who foots the bill?

Because it costs a lot of money for a high school footfall team to travel across the country and I was curious where the money comes from. Does it bother you that people are interested in how these cross country trips are paid for?

Reactions: ClownBaby

Probably because it’s the man reason most teams don’t travel. Take WWS for example they have had multiple opportunities to travel out of state over the years but were never able to make it work financially.

Reactions: USD24
Because it costs a lot of money for a high school footfall team to travel across the country and I was curious where the money comes from. Does it bother you that people are interested in how these cross country trips are paid for?

Doesn't bother me at all. I just wanted to know what drives the question. Especially since I don't recall anyone asking who paid for the three trips to Chicago during the regular season. The question usually come up when it is an out of state opponent as if going to Chicago is not a $10K trip roughly. Could be more if you are staying over night. Things are a lot different for us southern folk in Illinois. There are only so many local teams therefore travel is apart of the process.

Last edited:
Probably because it’s the man reason most teams don’t travel. Take WWS for example they have had multiple opportunities to travel out of state over the years but were never able to make it work financially.

Every time ESL has left the state, the opponent or classic has foot the bill. In some cases, the amount given is not enough so sponsorship and revenue play a minor part. Keep in mind in my earlier post a trip to Chicago is in the neighborhood of $10K if you are staying overnight.

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me at all. I just wanted to know what drives the question. Especially since I don't recall anyone asking who paid for the three trips to Chicago during the regular season. The question usually come up when it is an out of state opponent as if going to Chicago is not a $10K trip roughly. Could be more if you are staying over night. Things are a lot different for us southern folk in Illinois. There are only so many local teams therefore travel is apart of the process.

How does a day trip to Chicago from St Louis cost 10K? I'm genuinely interested on where the 10k is spent. Traveling across the country for a weekend is much different than a day trip to Chicago. I would think it is 4 to 5 times the cost at a minimum.

How does a day trip to Chicago from St Louis cost 10K? I'm genuinely interested on where the 10k is spent. Traveling across the country for a weekend is much different than a day trip to Chicago. I would think it is 4 to 5 times the cost at a minimum.
Each Charter is about $1200 to $1500 a day. So let's say a two day trip at the lower end. 2 Buses is $2400 a day or $4800. Hotel is about 2500 so right there you are at $7300. Add meals for 80 people to eat you are easily at $10K

With a travel agent, let's say flights are $300 (This is the really high end for large group travel). For 55 people (Cut back like college travel lol) that is $16K. definitely not 4 to 5 times the cost. True some people my get left out or possibly find a sponsor.

Reactions: USD24
It's cheaper for ESL to go to Indianapolis than Chicago. Ohio is only 2 more hours.

Each Charter is about $1200 to $1500 a day. So let's say a two day trip at the lower end. 2 Buses is $2400 a day or $4800. Hotel is about 2500 so right there you are at $7300. Add meals for 80 people to eat you are easily at $10K

With a travel agent, let's say flights are $300 (This is the really high end for large group travel). For 55 people (Cut back like college travel lol) that is $16K. definitely not 4 to 5 times the cost. True some people my get left out or possibly find a sponsor.

16.5k is just for the flights. Maybe 4 to 5 times is high, but I would imagine its gonna cost 2x that for everything else.(ground transportation, hotels, meals, etc.,)

For the record, I think it is great that ESL and the kids get this opportunity. I just find the logistics and finances of it interesting. (not in a bad way)

Reactions: Gene K.

Probably not 5x, but you didn't add in all the other stuff.

16.5k is just for the flights. Maybe 4 to 5 times is high, but I would imagine its gonna cost 2x that for everything else.(ground transportation, hotels, meals, etc.,)

For the record, I think it is great that ESL and the kids get this opportunity. I just find the logistics and finances of it interesting. (not in a bad way)

i wasn’t taking it negatively at all. I just wanted to know the meaning behind the question. The biggest cost to travel is the transportation. Everything else fluctuates tremendously. Travel that far, the opponent takes care of ground transportation and meals . The only cost that will have to be secured is hotel depending on how the travel is arranged.

All..... Impressive schedule as always. I continue to hear about incoming transfers but no names yet. Flyerforlife have you heard anything? Ratsy

The only person mentioned a transfer was TM during an interview. The person he was speaking about was there at the combine as well. I believe one of the beat writers mentioned it in their article of players that performed well at the combine.

Reactions: flyerforlife
I hope that quiets the “Why not move to 8A camp?”

Depends on what happens in this game. If they can play with them then yes but if they get their a#s handed to them well. SJB graduated a ton of players from last year so ESL did good scheduling them in the first game of the season. As far as 8A goes their are teams right here in Chicagoland that can give them all they could handle they didn’t need to fly across the country to find a tough game. That said I guess nobody local would play them so I get it. Should be a great game. Hope they televise it.

Reactions: Bowie50
Depends on what happens in this game. If they can play with them then yes but if they get their a#s handed to them well. SJB graduated a ton of players from last year so ESL did good scheduling them in the first game of the season. As far as 8A goes their are teams right here in Chicagoland that can give them all they could handle they didn’t need to fly across the country to find a tough game. That said I guess nobody local would play them so I get it. Should be a great game. Hope they televise it.

Please do not read into the fact that SJB graduated alot from last year. They stay loaded every year.

Reactions: Bowie50
Please do not read into the fact that SJB graduated alot from last year. They stay loaded every year.

Yeah it’s a bad game for the Flyers it will be nice to go to California but unfortunately they are going to get crushed.

Tell me what schools are willing to play. Also ESL played an all Illinois schedule traveling to Chicago three times in 2019. I’m not sure what your point is on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT