ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 7 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Under the shadow of a looming ESCC/CCL merger vote, we fearless ESCC pickers press on..

Benet-34 Viator-7

JCA-45 Marian Catholic-14

MCC-31 Carmel-17

Notre Dame-23 Pats-7...One of the top rivalries in the state. Night game on a Saturday. Should be another sold out Triton stadium. Shamrocks with the huge win last week on the road at MCC. Dons offense looked a bit sluggish in a 28-0 win over Viator. Think this one stays close but Ty Gavin gets a few late TDs to seal the deal. ND's defense has given up 7 or less points in 5 of its 6 games this year!

*GOTW* Naz-27 Marist-16...The ESCC championship game. A top 10 showdown. Revenge will be on the mind of this Nazareth team. Naz's defense will face their biggest challenge yet but will rise to the occasion. I think Naz keeps a comfortable lead all game and Marist gets a late TD.

Updated standings--last week's big swing game was MCC/Pats. Many of us doubted the ability of the Shamrocks to head north to Woodstock and come home with a win. After a tough 3-2 week, Voodoo's reign of terror comes to an end.

1. pjjp (last week:4-1, overall: 34-6 (85%))
1. DigitalCy (last week: 4-1, overall: 34-6 (85%))
2. Voodoo Tatum (last week: 3-2, overall: 25-5 (83%))
2. stonedlizard (last week: 4-1, overall: 33-7 (83%))
3. DCH88 (last week: 4-1, overall: 32-8 (80%))
4. PowerI66 (last week: 4-1, overall: 31-9 (78%))
5. NWSideIrish (last week: 5-0, overall: 23-7 (77%))
6. lkhammer57 (last week: 0-5 [no picks], overall: 30-10 (75%))
6. Southland Fan 2016 (last week: 4-1, overall: 30-10 (75%))
7. ESCC Fan (last week: 3-2, overall: 28-12 (70%))
8. JolietWest89 (last week: 5-0, overall: 24-16 (60%))

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
I am so pissed at myself for forgetting to do my picks :mad:

I wish I would have forgot to do mine! I totally crapped the bed last week and to make matters worse, so did Waubonsie!! ;)

New week - New and improved Voodoo (and WV?).

Benet - by a lot

JCA - damn I’m gettin gun shy with picking JCA (they are quickly becoming my Lake Park “Achilles heel” from over in the Dukane and old DVC). I think I’m safe to pick them this week though.

MCC

ND

Marist - before the posse rides into town taking a scarred and trembling Voodoo from his humble abode - let me be clear!! - I think NAZ is top 3 in the state (probably 2 and possibly #1 though I have not seen Naz or LWE play yet). The reason I am taking Marist is strategic - I think everyone is going to pick Naz and I have got to make up some ground to get back my top spot on the leader board. Not going to do that without taking some risks!!;)

Benet running clock

JCA running clock

Carmel by a touchdown

Notre Dame by 2-3 scores

ESCC CHAMPIONSHIP: Naz beats Marist 42-27. Revenge is on the roadrunners mind this week. They remember vividly the beating Marist gave them last year. This will be interesting.

Reactions: Fmarkett11
Benet running clock

JCA running clock

Carmel by a touchdown

Notre Dame by 2-3 scores

ESCC CHAMPIONSHIP: Naz beats Marist 42-27. Revenge is on the roadrunners mind this week. They remember vividly the beating Marist gave them last year. This will be interesting.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Benet running clock

JCA running clock

Carmel by a touchdown

Notre Dame by 2-3 scores

Zero chance Marist scores 27 points unless (using the 42 you are giving Naz) Naz is up 42-7 / 42-0 / or similar and Marist scores a bunch late during “scrub time.”

Benet over Viator....long year for the Lions.

JCA over Marian of the Heights....long year for the Spartans.

MCC over Carmel....tough loss at home for the Hurricanes last week. They are at home again, and it's a must win for their playoff chances. Interesting game. Carmel can score.

ND over Pat's....best rivalry in the conference. You never know with rivalry games, and Pat's is coming off a big win. Just think ND has too much for the Shamrocks on both sides of the ball.

Naz over Marist....will be interesting to see if Marist has success on offense against a Naz defense that has been lights out all year. Marist has to have offensive success for this to be a competitive game. I don't see Marist slowing the Naz offense down much. I think the Roadrunners win this by at least two scores.

Benet over Viator: Benet will simply smother the Lions.

JCA over MC: JCA gets the easy W.

MCC over CoM: MCC needs this W for any hope at the playoffs as they are 3-3 and have Viator in the last game. It won't be easy, but they get the job done

Notre Dame over Pats: Arguably the best rivalry in the Chicago area. As I have stated in the past, Pats is doing a nice job with their rebuild, but ND is just too much in this game. Won't be very close

Naz over Marist: Naz will get sweet revenge after getting smacked bad by Marist last year. Don't be surprised if Naz returns the favor from last year

I wish I would have forgot to do mine! I totally crapped the bed last week and to make matters worse, so did Waubonsie!! ;)

New week - New and improved Voodoo (and WV?).

Benet - by a lot

JCA - damn I’m gettin gun shy with picking JCA (they are quickly becoming my Lake Park “Achilles heel” from over in the Dukane and old DVC). I think I’m safe to pick them this week though.

MCC

ND

Marist - before the posse rides into town taking a scarred and trembling Voodoo from his humble abode - let me be clear!! - I think NAZ is top 3 in the state (probably 2 and possibly #1 though I have not seen Naz or LWE play yet). The reason I am taking Marist is strategic - I think everyone is going to pick Naz and I have got to make up some ground to get back my top spot on the leader board. Not going to do that without taking some risks!!;)
Don’t worry voodoo, JCA won’t let you down any more this year. They get a W this week and then downhill from there. Lol.

Now that i am on the correct thread becuz i posted this on wrong one before but here i go, i know i will be criticized.

I will be honest and say. Ill be surprised if Naz beats Marist. I know NAZ is "Stacked" and a top team in state but Marist has the athletes to slow them down, and it seems like they always win these ESCC match ups. Also there could be a little to much hype with the Roadrunners for there own good right now. Even with Pat Dunne gone, Marist is still a very disciplined and well coached team under Ron Dawzak.

If Naz runs a three man front and blitzes off the corners like JCA did for the first quarter and a half, they will slow down Marist. JCA wasn’t smart enough to keep doing it.

Now that i am on the correct thread becuz i posted this on wrong one before but here i go, i know i will be criticized.

I will be honest and say. Ill be surprised if Naz beats Marist. I know NAZ is "Stacked" and a top team in state but Marist has the athletes to slow them down, and it seems like they always win these ESCC match ups. Also there could be a little to much hype with the Roadrunners for there own good right now. Even with Pat Dunne gone, Marist is still a very disciplined and well coached team under Ron Dawzak.

Very interesting take on the matter.... what do you predict the score will be ?
I think the roadrunners speed and talent will be too much for the Marist defense to take. The matchup of the game to watch will be that Marist O powered by the legs of Markett vs the Nazareth defense. I'm predicting it to be a shootout. 42-35 Naz in a close one.

If JCA’s defense can hold Marist to 7 points blitzing off the edges and playing 3 man front, I don’t see Marist scoring much if played the same way. Naz has more talent for sure.

Does Naz have big DB's? Jadon Thompson is a big receiver who is not afraid to go up in the air for the ball. I really look forward to this game.

Reactions: Skins93
Does Naz have big DB's? Jadon Thompson is a big receiver who is not afraid to go up in the air for the ball. I really look forward to this game.
big dbs? Not really, however I’m guessing whoever is guarding him will be either Evans or Love. They play 7on7 together so they will know each others tendencies. Thompson has not been getting many catches this year due to him being double teamed every game. Expecting naz to do the same. Watch out for Skalitsky though. If Naz takes focus away from #9, he can have a big game.

Don’t have to cover him too close if your blindsiding the qb. Lol. Marist offensive line isn’t as great as last years. Marist qb has more rushing yards then passing. Need a linebacker to shadow him.

JCA
JCA
JCA
JCA
JCA

Is there anyone else playing??? Lol.
Last time this year I’m picking them. So I am going to hopefully enjoy one last victory before the season is over. Lol.

J-chill, you have to chill out with the JCA/Marist stuff. I always liked reading your takes. Since I was a kid I have always respected JC, but your take on the game is too much. It wasn’t just a schematic mistake on your coach. Yes, JCA loaded up on the outside to begin the game and had success, but then Marist adjusted. They gutted the middle with runs by Markett and Skalistky. It was by far the most Skalistky has run all year. When JCA adjusted to that, the exploited the mismatch between receivers and small CBs and game over. It was a very good game in the first half but in the end the talent disparity took over. It was not a JCA coaching issue. That’s not to say that Nazareth may be successful doing that. I’m worried about their D-line and blitzes, but don’t blame the JCA coaches on the outcome.

I just thought about about large the prediction thread has to be next year.
No doubt. And will it be a shared effort by ESCCfan and Ignazio? Or maybe competing threads....with Ignazio's Gambletron vs. ESCCfan's non-spread approach? How this is resolved may be one of the key elements as to whether or not the new conference has longevity.

Benet over Viator- win big
JCA over Marian Catholic- win big
MCC over Carmel- If MCC is still beat up with injuries this one could be interesting, still like the Canes
Notre Dame over Pats- ND continues their great season
Naz over Marist- It will be close through 3 quarters, but then I have Naz winning by 2 TDs to finish it out

Glad I remembered to make my picks today...thought I was having a good season until I went 0-5 for not picking last week

This super conference is too much for me. I will never be the game picking champion in the NIPL. Can people just pick some of the divisions and not others? What will be the rules for the combined game picking thread? If ESCCfan and Ignazio cannot agree on a point/topic,... does it go to the board for arbitration? There are many many details and procedures to iron out before next year!

This super conference is too much for me. I will never be the game picking champion in the NIPL. Can people just pick some of the divisions and not others? What will be the rules for the combined game picking thread? If ESCCfan and Ignazio cannot agree on a point/topic,... does it go to the board for arbitration? There are many many details and procedures to iron out before next year!

I think we will have to see how the divisions shake out. If, for example, 3 of the 6 divisions have majority legacy ESCC teams, maybe my weekly thread will be for those three divisions. Either way, there will be a compromise. Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.

No doubt. And will it be a shared effort by ESCCfan and Ignazio? Or maybe competing threads....with Ignazio's Gambletron vs. ESCCfan's non-spread approach? How this is resolved may be one of the key elements as to whether or not the new conference has longevity.
Separate threads. Or better yet, Edgy should just split out us privates into a new sub forum separate from the publics. :)

Supposedly the Naz vs Marist game has been moved to 5 o'clock kickoff now, can anyone confirm?

Separate threads. Or better yet, Edgy should just split out us privates into a new sub forum separate from the publics. :)

Boo Hiss!!;)

So what your really saying is you don’t like to be around us public school riff raff!! Hehehehe!

IF Marist wins then they will ride that W to the 8A semis. IF they lose then they will get knocked out in 2nd round. This will be a great game and come down to who has the most turnovers loses

J-chill, you have to chill out with the JCA/Marist stuff. I always liked reading your takes. Since I was a kid I have always respected JC, but your take on the game is too much. It wasn’t just a schematic mistake on your coach. Yes, JCA loaded up on the outside to begin the game and had success, but then Marist adjusted. They gutted the middle with runs by Markett and Skalistky. It was by far the most Skalistky has run all year. When JCA adjusted to that, the exploited the mismatch between receivers and small CBs and game over. It was a very good game in the first half but in the end the talent disparity took over. It was not a JCA coaching issue. That’s not to say that Nazareth may be successful doing that. I’m worried about their D-line and blitzes, but don’t blame the JCA coaches on the outcome.
They only gutted the middle because jca coach took out the two big boys who started up front in the first half. Thats on coaching my friend. Been starting them and taking them out for no reason. Did not guy is in the first half. Second half, he went to four man front on defense. Didn’t have too. Let’s see. You scored 7 points off three man front and blitzing till 2 min left in half. He stopped blitzing and you scored. Coaches fault. Come out second half, four man front, no blitz, you scored how many points????? Your right. Lol. Rewatch the game please. Also, never said we can match Marist or beat them, but should of been closer. Don’t even get me started on the offense play calling. Didn’t mean to offend you. But telling it like I saw it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT