ADVERTISEMENT

End of an era at Lake Zurich

bmwmike

Sep 1, 2018
Anybody notice how Conant is doing these days with former LZ HC Stortz running the show? On the rise. Anybody see what Antioch's defense is doing with Proffit running the defense? They are destroying teams.

The sad reality is, Lake Zurich's program is just not the same. Blowouts to three teams in one year would have never happened in the Stortz-Profitt era.

One thing that always amazed me with Stortz is that every year LZ would have a tall QB who could throw the ball a mile and accurately in warm-ups . . . and they never played a snap. Instead, it was always the 5-10 more athletic kid that could handle the ball, not turn it over ever, and could run but barely throw. It was painful to see the lack of passing at times, but I appeciate the genius of the whole operation now. Control the ball with great blocking and tough running, no stupid mistakes/turnovers/penalties, great punting and kicking, and a lock down defense. That is how they went 65-8 over 7 years.

Those days are over.

Anybody notice how Conant is doing these days with former LZ HC Stortz running the show? On the rise. Anybody see what Antioch's defense is doing with Proffit running the defense? They are destroying teams.

The sad reality is, Lake Zurich's program is just not the same. Blowouts to three teams in one year would have never happened in the Stortz-Profitt era.

One thing that always amazed me with Stortz is that every year LZ would have a tall QB who could throw the ball a mile and accurately in warm-ups . . . and they never played a snap. Instead, it was always the 5-10 more athletic kid that could handle the ball, not turn it over ever, and could run but barely throw. It was painful to see the lack of passing at times, but I appeciate the genius of the whole operation now. Control the ball with great blocking and tough running, no stupid mistakes/turnovers/penalties, great punting and kicking, and a lock down defense. That is how they went 65-8 over 7 years.

Those days are over.

OK bmw it's pretty evident you have a specific agenda....and just know I'm watching you very closely

OK bmw it's pretty evident you have a specific agenda....and just know I'm watching you very closely

Come on Edgy he is approaching a record for posts on the same topic stated differently, by my count he is about 3 away from the record.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Having trouble calling a program the end of an era that is fresh off a stage runner up finish and 13-1 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT