ADVERTISEMENT

Edgewater @ IMG. Thursday 6PM

I got to tell you when Houston Griffith and Verdis Brown left MC three years ago for IMG I really couldn’t care less how they did...they screwed the team up by leaving. I didn’t wish them any bad luck but I didn’t care to follow their IMG careers.

Different story here with JJ McCarthy. Illinois shut down and hopes for starting back up the season dismal at best. He did the right thing as did some of the other HS football players in Illinois going elsewhere. There was no mandates, quarantines, and stopping HS fotball in Illinois three years ago so I certainly understand where you are coming from!

Different story here with JJ McCarthy. Illinois shut down and hopes for starting back up the season dismal at best. He did the right thing as did some of the other HS football players in Illinois going elsewhere. There was no mandates, quarantines, and stopping HS fotball in Illinois three years ago so I certainly understand where you are coming from!
I think he was going no matter what. Had been rumored for 2 years

Reactions: mc140
JJ Stats??

Haven't seen any official stats on the game yet. Put it on the extra screen as I get some busy work done (even with knowing the outcome). Edgewater is moving the ball much better than Venice did. Keeping JJ off the field in the first half. Edgewater's pass defense is also much better so it appears IMG running the ball because Edgewater is giving them the run.

If I hear the stats during the game from the announcers I'll give you an update.

Reactions: Wassup13
You realize that jjmac09 is the boy's father and has REPEATEDLY for YEARS struck down those rumors.
I remember it being rumored several times over the years. I did not recall his father shooting down the rumors that he would transfer to IMG so he could graduate in December and early enroll in college since that is not possible at Naz. My apologies since that was such an off the wall speculation back in the day.

Let's clear the air and hopefully the "JJ to IMG" 2 years ago rumor goes to bed.

FACTS
- J.J. worked out with the IMG QB coach on 3 occasions 2016-2018. JJ played a lot of 7v7 tourneys there from 6th-8th grade.
- In 2018, after his sophomore season, he was offered the opportunity to play at IMG.
- J.J. considered doing it but realized the importance of staying with his team at Naz for his final 2 seasons.
- 100% did not have any interest in leaving Naz for his senior season. So that rumor needs to go away.
- J.J. was given the opportunity to play QB @ IMG in April/May of 2020. This was not searched out at all. They reached out to him
- In April/May, the state of the union in IL was grim at best for fall sports to be played thanks to our governor.
- As a family, we believe you "can control only what you can control." Not playing football his senior season was not worth the risk because NO sport or activities should be taken away from these kids and families because of this virus. Florida's governor was pro kids being in school and playing sports.
- IMG also was giving him the opportunity to graduate early to attend Michigan in January 2021.
- Coach Racki is the greatest man, mentor, and coach for understanding the situation. He truly cares about the kids in his program.

As a family, we will support NAZ like no other school because of the wonderful education and opportunities they've provided JJ. Everyone has been affected by our Governor's decision. Spring Sports, All Fall Sports, Band, Cheerleading, Dance, Theatre...The list goes on!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT JB!! GET ALL THE KIDS BACK IN SCHOOL AND LET'S MOVE ON!

jjmac09,

I had so much fun watching JJ play home games at Naz. I still enjoy following him now at IMG. I wish him good luck and looking forward to seeing him play on Saturday's. Thanks JJ for making me look forward to each and every fall weekend.

Reactions: jjmac09 and Gene K.
Let's clear the air and hopefully the "JJ to IMG" 2 years ago rumor goes to bed.

FACTS
- J.J. worked out with the IMG QB coach on 3 occasions 2016-2018. JJ played a lot of 7v7 tourneys there from 6th-8th grade.
- In 2018, after his sophomore season, he was offered the opportunity to play at IMG.
- J.J. considered doing it but realized the importance of staying with his team at Naz for his final 2 seasons.
- 100% did not have any interest in leaving Naz for his senior season. So that rumor needs to go away.
- J.J. was given the opportunity to play QB @ IMG in April/May of 2020. This was not searched out at all. They reached out to him
- In April/May, the state of the union in IL was grim at best for fall sports to be played thanks to our governor.
- As a family, we believe you "can control only what you can control." Not playing football his senior season was not worth the risk because NO sport or activities should be taken away from these kids and families because of this virus. Florida's governor was pro kids being in school and playing sports.
- IMG also was giving him the opportunity to graduate early to attend Michigan in January 2021.
- Coach Racki is the greatest man, mentor, and coach for understanding the situation. He truly cares about the kids in his program.

As a family, we will support NAZ like no other school because of the wonderful education and opportunities they've provided JJ. Everyone has been affected by our Governor's decision. Spring Sports, All Fall Sports, Band, Cheerleading, Dance, Theatre...The list goes on!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT JB!! GET ALL THE KIDS BACK IN SCHOOL AND LET'S MOVE ON!
Grats to JJ and his family for making the right call (certainly for JJ).

And grats to JJ who from what I've seen so far is doing very well for IMG.

I got to tell you when Houston Griffith and Verdis Brown left MC three years ago for IMG I really couldn’t care less how they did...they screwed the team up by leaving. I didn’t wish them any bad luck but I didn’t care to follow their IMG careers.
That’s fine for you but don’t speak for Naz fans. We absolutely love “the Nazareth nine” and they will forever be family. Winning high school football games is nice but that’s not what this is about.

That’s fine for you but don’t speak for Naz fans. We absolutely love “the Nazareth nine” and they will forever be family. Winning high school football games is nice but that’s not what this is about.
Well the MC players left at a different time when things were normal.....they were huge parts of the team and games were being played. There were many fans that were happy for them, but as a parent of player who was in their class I was disappointed because it really hurt the team. I wished them well but it sucked. That team finished that season with a 14-7 fourth quarter loss to LZ in the State Semifinals, if we had Houston and Verdis it may have been different and my oldest may have got a ring. Bitter grapes on my behalf I fully admit but I’ll also admit I wasn’t saying “I’m so happy for them” when we had two of the top players in the State leave our team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT