ADVERTISEMENT

EastSide Game Thread: 42-26 SBJ Final

Did Bosco keep their starters in after going up 35?
It looked like for the most part they did. Bosco was rotating QB’s every other series which is never a good thing. I remember a coach once saying “if you have 2 QB’s it means you don’t have a Quarterback” or something similar. Neither QB was overly impressive throwing the ball, but #10 was definitely a better runner. They had 2 talented RB’s, their defensive line was really good.

Reactions: flyerforlife
I could not say for sure, but I believe they would be when it was 26 to 35.

Started googling names called of Bosco players at the end and they were the starters.
#11 for SJB was a stud. Once they went up 35-0, he did not come in on defense and was the starting DE but he played Tight end as well so he could’ve been given a breather. The starters played the entire game. I think they were more conservative with the play calls but they did play the entire game. Our DBs played well but playing man to man with little to no pressure on the QB is tough on any secondary. NFL DBs can’t cover a good receiver for 10 seconds with some space being created.

The Flyer quarterback deserves some recognition for his performance last night. He took an absolute beating and even had to be carried off of the field at one point by his teammates after a brutal hit, but he never quit or let up and played hard all the way to the end. That kid was tough as nails last night and that should be acknowledged out loud.

Overall very proud of these young men, Although there was some break downs the Flyers never quit. When their pass protection gets better and it will . the offense will roll again. I know there are plenty more games before IMG game, But I expect that game to be a little closer than this one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT