ADVERTISEMENT

EastSide Flyers v Lemont Horses -32-29 Flyers - Final

If the Flyers has all those unsportsmanlike against PR. Game over PR wins this has been their problem last years more unsportsmanlike and personal fouls the last 2 years then last 20 years. It’s got to stop.

Last edited:
Congrats to Lemont on a well deserved game against what is known to be the best team at any level in the state of Illinois. To have the season come to an end in the Semis is nothing to hang your heads about. Coach Kooi has turned the program into a contender.

Congrats to Lemont on a well deserved game against what is known to be the best team at any level in the state of Illinois. To have the season come to an end in the Semis is nothing to hang your heads about. Coach Kooi has turned the program into a contender.
Uhhhh , it was Eric Michaelson who turned Lemont into a very strong contender long before Kooi got there.

Just look uninspired.

But regardless of what happens, I'm drinking beer and having Burt's Chuckwagon taco's at a-16-year-old'sfamily birthday party.
Nothing better than an eight year old willing to play pull my finger all night long. The boy thought that was the greatest thing in the world while we were playing dominoes. Everyone else, not so much.

Nothing better than an eight year old willing to play pull my finger all night long. The boy thought that was the greatest thing in the world while we were playing dominoes. Everyone else, not so much.
I’m a 57 yo 13 yo, I’ll play that game all night long.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
The thing is,
If the Flyers has all those unsportsmanlike against PR. Game over PR wins this has been their problem last years more unsportsmanlike and personal fouls the last 2 years then last 20 years. It’s got to stop.
The thing is, the boys have been good this year. Maybe they were a little too amped up for the playoffs. Bad thing is, number five probably could’ve used another game for tape. Especially in the state championship. Explain that shit, young man. Why you don’t have film from that game.

The thing is,

The thing is, the boys have been good this year. Maybe they were a little too amped up for the playoffs. Bad thing is, number five probably could’ve used another game for tape. Especially in the state championship. Explain that shit, young man. Why you don’t have film from that game.
Number 5 just a hothead 🤦🏿. He’s one of their leaders on defense too man so they gone hafw a backup playing in the state championship. Wonder how Thts gon turn out

• Sad
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Number 5 just a hothead 🤦🏿. He’s one of their leaders on defense too man so they gone hafw a backup playing in the state championship. Wonder how Thts gon turn out
They had a backup playing mlb last year too in the championship. Hale got hurt early in the playoffs last year

He split time with #23 but it was not just him getting unsportsmanlike penalties all year. Yes he is a leader but at some point you have to learn to control your emotions.

Last edited:
What about LWE? Hahaha
Momma’s asleep, Pogues,Dubliners, Clancy Brothers, Fureys leading me to sleep as well. Corey no disrespect, LWE always plays 8A. My open division wishes the best teams in the state play in 8A. It will never happen but imagine the possibilities. Quarter final games would be better than some championship games we see now.

Momma’s asleep, Pogues,Dubliners, Clancy Brothers, Fureys leading me to sleep as well. Corey no disrespect, LWE always plays 8A. My open division wishes the best teams in the state play in 8A. It will never happen but imagine the possibilities. Quarter final games would be better than some championship games we see now.
That would be awesome. It would be a gauntlet for sure.

Reactions: eireog
Uhhhh , it was Eric Michaelson who turned Lemont into a very strong contender long before Kooi got there.
8 year run for Coach Kooi at better than .800 winning percentage is not too shabby. Michael son did not have quite the record but was close. The level of Lemont competition is also improved I believe. No shade on Michaelson putting them on the map. Lemont became a different animal with the local growth as well.

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
Maybe #4.

MC
Loyola
LWE

Rita, Batavia and Glenbard West would also be interesting,.
As always……. Geesh!!! Get over yourselves! I’ve never seen grown men so freakin fragile!!! Imagine coming on a thread specific to two teams listed in the TITLE and demanding attention for your school and two others that you love having a BROmance with every freaking year!!!! MOUNT CARMEL is THE GREATEST school in ILLINOIS!!!! We should all be happy to have them within our boarders!!! There, ya happy now??? 👙👙

Last edited:
I'm going by teams I actually saw this season and don't have a dog in the fight. I saw Loyola and ESL once each. I saw LWE 3 times and MC 3 times. LWE would beat MC 9 times out of 10 this year. LWE will beat LA imo. LWE is the best team I've seen in 2022, but I think ESL would have the best chance of knocking them off.

As always……. Geesh!!! Get over yourselves! I’ve never seen grown men so freakin fragile!!! Imagine coming on a thread specific to two teams listed in the TITLE and demanding attention for your school and two others that you love having a BROmance with every freaking year!!!! MOUNT CARMEL is THE GREATEST school in ILLINOIS!!!! We should all be happy to have them within our boarders!!! There, ya happy now??? 👙👙
I think the topic of best team in the state was started by…y’all from East Saint Louis, questioning the capabilities of the Northern Catholic powerhouses. That’s where to focus Tiger. Your program is highly respected on this site…just adding some realism to the conversations. Lemont played you tough…

I think the topic of best team in the state was started by…y’all from East Saint Louis, questioning the capabilities of the Northern Catholic powerhouses. That’s where to focus Tiger. Your program is highly respected on this site…just adding some realism to the conversations. Lemont played you tough…
No it was not started by ESL and BB played LWE tough who lost to Collinsville. It shouldn’t be a topic right now. Good luck at State!

Reactions: flyerforlife
8 year run for Coach Kooi at better than .800 winning percentage is not too shabby. Michael son did not have quite the record but was close. The level of Lemont competition is also improved I believe. No shade on Michaelson putting them on the map. Lemont became a different animal with the local growth as well.
Very true for their annual non-cons in Weeks 1 and 2. In their 6 SSC in-division games and 1 cross-over, Lemont averaged a 40-point margin of victory. That did not seem to hinder their playoff performance, however. Such a conference schedule may keep players more healthy later into the season and allow weekly evaluations of next-tier players frequently.

Maybe they will get a nickname by next year so they can fizzle out in the playoffs again next year.They lost.Moral victories no count
Coming one game short of the state championship- losing a close game to ESL in which they lead the entire game is not fizzling out. ESL is better than all but maybe two class 8a teams. And Lemont is 6a.

Reactions: scotmarly
I had to go back and look...but it was actually you who first posed the question ITT about esl being the best team in the state. And then you tried to flip it and blame an esl fan...lol

Reactions: flyerforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT