ADVERTISEMENT

East St. Louis Luther Burden to Missouri

Better chance for playing time but terrible program. There had to be a better choice somewhere, no?

Great choice young man! Comfortable homes are hard to find. Early film on getting open vs Bama and UGA defenses will only help his football stock.

So from an outside perspective, choosing Mizzou showed me a young man that thought through his decision and made the best personal decision with no downside to what he can show on film to the next level. Best of luck LB3!

Great choice young man! Comfortable homes are hard to find. Early film on getting open vs Bama and UGA defenses will only help his football stock.

So from an outside perspective, choosing Mizzou showed me a young man that thought through his decision and made the best personal decision with no downside to what he can show on film to the next level. Best of luck LB3!
Mizzou does not play Bama in either 2022 or 2023, but I get your point.

Reactions: RockSoup
Mizzou does not play Bama in either 2022 or 2023, but I get your point.
I stand corrected. Yes, my point was early film vs the best secondaries in the nation can only help if his skill level, ability and trajectory is what I think it is. It’s also why I liked St. Rita’s OT Valen Erickson switching from Nebraska to Mizzou. If you can get film of holding your own against SEC edges then that would be huge. And I’m a B1G guy but SEC film is SEC film. Thank you for the correction and understanding my point

What about 2024? He will still be there.
Nope. Bama played at Mizzou last year. It was my first trip to Columbia. Great campus and I had a great time. Limited crowd due to covid, so didnt get the complete gameday experience, but a good time none the less. Best of luck to Luther. Would have loved to see him in Tuscaloosa.

Nope. Bama played at Mizzou last year. It was my first trip to Columbia. Great campus and I had a great time. Limited crowd due to covid, so didnt get the complete gameday experience, but a good time none the less. Best of luck to Luther. Would have loved to see him in Tuscaloosa.
What year do they play bama again as a crossover? There is always the SEC championship game though.

I hope Luther has great success at Missouri and helps to elevate the football program's stature going forward. After seeing his films and reading about him, his father, and other personal positive attributes, he will do well regardless of where he plays. Firm foundation at home has a lot to do with success later in life.

Better chance for playing time but terrible program. There had to be a better choice somewhere, no?
We saw Luther and his Dad out on the field when we were down at the Missouri game a couple of weekends ago.
Need a little more time to see how the Missouri program is trending.
Head coach has a pretty good track record in the past on the offensive side of the ball.

Looks like 2025 at Mizzou
It is likely the schedule will be reworked with Oklahoma and Texas joining. With the B12 adding teams from the AAC it increases the chances eBay those two will be allowed to go to the SEC sooner rather than later. Gotta think they will have to rework the divisions .

Reactions: USD24 and Gene K.
Increases? Maybe a little, but still close to zero. Texas and Oklahoma media paydays are way too big
The SEC can afford to help pay the buyout. LSU just have a coach $17 million to go away. Now that the Big 12 has 12 members again they can have a championship game without Texas and OU. The SEC has a $3 billion dollar deal with ESPN so they will want them playing in that conference when the deal begins in 2024. The Big 12 is not going to want Texas and OU in their championship as lame ducks. An agreement will be struck for the 2023 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT