ADVERTISEMENT

DSR Train

Rock:

I think this is a reasonable post, and one in which you avoid deliberately attacking Naz faithful. I do, however, find it is absent a most vital factor of which drew Nazareth fans into vitriolic exchanges: The harsh and routine criticism to which Nazareth fans were subject.

While I accept your thesis Nazareth fans were keen to the idea Nazareth was improving and establishing its football program among the elite, I found a sizable proportion of the comments directed at Nazareth fans to trespass over a reasonable limits of responsible criticism into territory in which it became outright denunciations of the school, its fans, and members of the forum.

What motivated this gratuitous censure? Envy.

Most of the opprobrium hurled at Nazareth fans was prompted by the realization among ESCC fans Nazareth was no longer the conference weakling and they would now have to contend with a winning program.

In further defense of the school, I think it is also important to note the greatest contributing factor in Nazareth's gradual rise to the upper echelon in high school football after Racki arrived is the immutable truth the school maintained fairly strong boundaries to prevent athletics from appropriating academics.

Quite frankly, Nazareth's administration has no intention of allowing the school to go the way of Driscoll.

I say the school deserves a salute for this.
My apologies to you for my tardy acknowledgement to your insightful revelation of my impeccant omission of the ignominy targeted at the Naz ‘posse during that timeframe.

My only excuse I can muster at this time is to please put into context the time stamp of my post. While my analysis poses as a complete etymology of the site-specific use of ‘posse, I was not nearly as exhaustive as perhaps I should have been. Again, I must point you to the time stamp. I accept that my best work is done after 10am. I did not have the luxury you enjoyed this morning. Today’s Thursday so that means upon your waking and after your morning steam while enjoying ,what day is it again, ah Thursday, Verdi’s Rigoletto, your mind was prepared to properly digest the morning offerings on Edgy’s site.

I know my excuse is made for lesser men but please accept it this one time. I must rush off to catch the freshman football match between my beloved Mustangs and the Bulldogs of Oak Lawn Richards.

Well, I think this member of the Posse has made his last ride...I bid you ado NazDad! I will continue to watch the boys I know and pray for their success on and off the field!

Seriously??? Smoking Jackets???
I think our "Posse" is more suited to the hard hats with cup holders and straws

I know my excuse is made for lesser men but please accept it this one time. I must rush off to catch the freshman football match between my beloved Mustangs and the Bulldogs of Oak Lawn Richards.
Rita has a freshman RB (#35), who is lights out explosive. He had numerous long TD's against JCA. One was a kick return where he was backing up, lost one of his shoes, but still ran for a 75-yard TD.

Rita has a freshman RB (#35), who is lights out explosive. He had numerous long TD's against JCA. One was a kick return where he was backing up, lost one of his shoes, but still ran for a 75-yard TD.

Yep, both schools should be excited to see how their respective frosh teams develop.

Reactions: pjjp
The harsh and routine criticism to which Nazareth fans were subject

C'mon Man! The Naz contingent were not subject to "harsh and routine criticism". If they were they gave as good as they got. In street parlance, they were being stroked.
For example, exhibits A and B:
https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/what-did-we-learn-week-4.4379/
https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/upset-alert-naz.4310/page-2#post-29006

The Naz contingent couldn't let the loss to MCC go as a fluke and we will get them next time. It was, "the better team won but...". Everyone with a pulse knew that on a dry field Naz would have beat, and were beating MCC until the rains came. The Naz contingent had to explain to us to us in excruciating detail the conditions of the field and why they lost, as though they were the first team to ever play at MCC under those conditions.

They made it too easy.

Reactions: NazDad
So the better team didn't win that first game in retrospect. Man these look backs remind me how right we were in 2015.

I recall catching a ban for telling a JCA fan to do something something [deserved, Edgy has a rule on potty mouth], but that wasn't the playoffs. And I caught one for openly criticizing a Naz player [deserved].

Did I curse after PR throttled us and get banned? I seriously remember only two.

Anyway, if Edgy allowed it I would probably curse more. Curses are the most apt descriptor for some folks at times.

I never said I was classy, remember, I was a Southsider who drove an hour to Naz. Ain't no class east of "Touch of Class" Lounge.

I used to hang out in Touch of Class. The good old days...

Reactions: Jchill-1
I thought the real problem was COMRB who turned out to be a Naz poster that bet he could out bench me (this was the second time this kind of thing happened. the first was frat, he said he could do more pull-ups than me in 2006. There was zero chance of that. The bench press thing, might have been, probably was possible though).

To any Naz critique however, it was epic that publicly out COMRB as not really being a carmel guy, but actually some Naz guy (this was the second time this kind of thing happened. the first was when epic ingenously figured out who the hf weirdo was, and plastered his persona on the board, and showing he was an imposter).

Hot damn is this place great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT