ADVERTISEMENT

Dream Residence

greatgig13

Oct 6, 2014
Let’s get out of this coronavirus funk and think positive. Where do you want to be either in the near future or retirement? What’s your dream location to live?

Me, I’m 53 and would love retire by 60. Mountains and more temperate weather. Asheville, Eastern Tennessee, Washington State are a few I’m eyeing. Illinois will not be where I die if the virus doesn’t get me first.

Last edited:
All..... Venice Beach, Ca. on the strip. Throw up a card table and read palms with the rest of hawkers in the area. Ratsy
https://www.expedia.com/pictures/los-angeles/venice-la/venice-beach.d6068501?page=2
A friend’s office is on the 300 block of Washington ... meaning three blocks east of the pier. He lives one block south of the pier, his home located on the second row facing the water.

Fish tacos at the Whaler on the upper patio deck is a special effing day!

That said, I like my white sand, warm-water Gulf much more than the harsh and cold Pacific.

Florbama coast, eastern WV, mountainous but close to large eastern cities. Mountain regions of Mexico 50-80 degrees year round can live like a king

Reactions: greatgig13
Florbama coast, eastern WV, mountainous but close to large eastern cities. Mountain regions of Mexico 50-80 degrees year round can live like a king

Love Mexico but no good health care. Especially for a retirement age. I crossed it off my list because of the poor health care and to far from friends and family.

Well, Indiana is starting the opening up of more businesses tomorrow. At least those people can get a damned haircut.

If I have to wait till June, the length of my hair is going to rival my high school length.

I had my last haircut toward the end of January.

Well, Indiana is starting the opening up of more businesses tomorrow. At least those people can get a damned haircut.

If I have to wait till June, the length of my hair is going to rival my high school length.

Lol
My wife gave me a haircut. She did a good job. Haha saves me money.

Wahl Clippers, that's what you need.

I've used clippers for at least 15 years. No haircuts and no need for shampoos either, Ivory Soap head to toe. :D

No way in hell am I going to go around looking like Curley of The Three Stooges!
LMAO :D You don't have to go all the way to clipper length. You can use one of the attachments. I use the No.1 attach, that's pretty short almost clipper length.

It can make you look Bad-ass if you wear the right sunglasses. :)

LMAO :D You don't have to go all the way to clipper length. You can use one of the attachments. I use the No.1 attach, that's pretty short almost clipper length.

It can make you look Bad-ass if you wear the right sunglasses. :)
I’ve used my clippers to trim at the ears and sides but it’s long on top. What would be my bangs are five inches long - brushing straight back now. The usually trimmed back now has an inch overlay.

I decided to grow this out - and I’m serious about going back to a mullet look. By retirement, I plan to have the old man of the sea look - a salty dog with a medium sized sail boat and jet ski as my primary daily transportation modes.

[QUOTE="Kevin JCHS 81, post: 241205, member: 20780]

It can make you look Bad-ass if you wear the right sunglasses. :)[/QUOTE]LOL. That's the last thing I am worried about.

Gotta tell ya, the Moe and Larry look isn’t much better.
True. But I prefer hair to little or no hair. I'd rather it be this long than the Curley look or, God forbid, bald. I am sure I just unleashed the "bald police" now!

I guess what I was saying is that it's ridiculous that barber shops aren't open. Utterly ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT