ADVERTISEMENT

Dream non-con games

What's up with Pontiac? They used to be in the same class (meaning great teams) like Morris. Don't hear to much about them anymore.

Also what's the outlook for Sterling and Geneseo this year?

MC or SR vs Phillips.....now that MP has a new head who may right the ship, lets call for a real CCL-CPS/Preseason Prep Bowl at Toyota Park ( include Simeon). Shoot maybe add in Al Raby/Kenwood vs Hope Academy, Curie vs Ignatius

My dream non-con game is Fremd v. my Ramblers. Only because I grew up down the street from Fremd and went to LA.

Batavia vs Kaneland
Batavia vs Marmion

Great atmosphere, close schools.
The Batavia vs Marmion home/away series back in 2010 and 2011 were packed stadiums.

Batavia vs Naz
Batavia vs Montini

Naz and Montini are schools we have yet to play. Maybe cross paths in playoffs, but have to earn to get there first. We’ll be border 6A/7A this year with an 1899 enrollment, just have to wait for Soucie projections!

Couple other bigger schools we have yet to play, but may be biting off more than we can chew: GBW (could have played them in snowstorm semi’s back in 2015, but we lost to CG in quarterfinals), MS, Stevenson, Loyola, West Aurora.

Got to play Wheaton North and Lake Zurich last year for the first time, very respectable programs. Get to play WWS and NN for the first time this year.

Season is almost here boys!

Insert BartScottCan’tWaitNYJets.gif here!!!!!

The last time Batavia played WWS they were still Wheaton HS and it was in 1954 in the Little 7.

Interestingly If you look at the 8 teams WWS has played the most they are NC, GBW, StE, NN, WN, GBN, Batavia and Geneva.

WWS leads the series with Batavia 30-3-2.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
What's up with Pontiac? They used to be in the same class (meaning great teams) like Morris. Don't hear to much about them anymore.

Also what's the outlook for Sterling and Geneseo this year?

Hasn't been that year in year out dominant program since Mick Peterson retired, but they've still had a few good seasons here and there. They were 11-1 in 2010.

Hasn't been that year in year out dominant program since Mick Peterson retired, but they've still had a few good seasons here and there. They were 11-1 in 2010.

Peterson's retirement was one factor. Another factor is that their enrollment, which was usually in the mid-800's, has dropped to the mid-600's fairly quickly...like in five years...Prairie Central, their neighbor to the east, and Dwight to the north along I-55 have all dropped significant enrollment...People don't realize how significant the closings of the women's prison in Dwight and some other major employers along the I-55 corridor have been...

The other factor I think about Pontiac is the collapse of the Corn Belt confence...Herscher left for the I-8, and Rochester left, and the conference just wasn't the same. Rochester probably would not be as good if they had not left the Corn Belt to a conference of bigger schools...This is not a shot at St. Joes, Unity and Monticello, but the reality of a eroding enrollment in a new conference with smaller schools...

Bring back OPRF vs Fenwick where the great action on the field was just as great in the stands

Andrew vs Tinley Park.Scheduled 1 time and TP was on strike
These 2 schools actually played twice in the 1979 and 1980 seasons, once at each site. Andrew, not too long after its opening, was in the same SICA division as TP briefly. The current enrollment (1049 vs 2141) disparity may discourage any rematch in the near future?

These 2 schools actually played twice in the 1979 and 1980 seasons, once at each site. Andrew, not too long after its opening, was in the same SICA division as TP briefly. The current enrollment (1049 vs 2141) disparity may discourage any rematch in the near future?
Something is discouraging Andrew from getting their comeuppance out here. We haven't played them since 2004.

Like to see Chicago Christian vs Shepard.Rich Central vs Hillcrest better have some extra police.Those 2 Schools also hate HF

SHG vs Montini on opening day was fun in the mid 2000s. It prepared both teams for the coming season. I'd gladly trade a random CS8 game if given the chance.

True but I got tired of seeing SHG.

Both SHG and Driscoll had our number.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT