ADVERTISEMENT

Does Bartlett not have visitor bleachers?

capnbillhitters

Gold Member
May 18, 2015
Looking at Google maps, I don’t see any. The home bleachers look smallish and can’t imagine having all of The nicely coiffed GEMS rub elbows with all that leather.

Looking at Google maps, I don’t see any. The home bleachers look smallish and can’t imagine having all of The nicely coiffed GEMS rub elbows with all that leather.

I thought GEMs just found the closest wine bar during games?

I thought GEMs just found the closest wine bar during games?
They have sneaky way of strapping wine pouches inside their designer ponchos.

They will need some flat surfaces to cut their speck and White Stilton Gold cheese.

Looks like the first phase of this new field has seating for only 1,500.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20...thletic-complex-work-to-begin-later-this-fall

UOfOik7.jpg

The linked story is from last year, looks like this is a multiple phase project with each stage completed as the funds are available...as the story says, "The second phase of the project involves building the complex entrance, concession stands and visitors' stands. A third phase could involve installing new turf for the field." So, I guess, no concessions either :(

The linked story is from last year, looks like this is a multiple phase project with each stage completed as the funds are available...as the story says, "The second phase of the project involves building the complex entrance, concession stands and visitors' stands. A third phase could involve installing new turf for the field." So, I guess, no concessions either :(

Well you gotta start somewhere....

Reactions: SoCliche

I should rephrase to “ since Phase 2 funding has not yet materialized, my pampered GEMS will have no flat surface for their fine chinaware ”

Also park close to exit and walk to stadium. It is a nightmare to exit , only one exit and it is jammed after game

Awesome 1A stadium, real nice 2A...for a booster funded stadium, excellent start - they raised $900,000+ for this, they should be commended...

To clarify, my post wasn't meant as criticism, just informing on the facts. That said, anyone else attending the game last night disappointed when the Hawks announcer pulled a Hawk Harrelson and stopped announcing the third through fifth West TDs? Silence each time until the ensuing kickoff. The silence after the score that opened up the second half was broken with the raffle ticket winning numbers. Not sure if no spotter, but rarely was credit given for tackles or plays. Sportsmanship aside, if you are going to bury the visiting crowd in stands 40 feet beyond the track in the corner of an end zone, could you at least provide them with some play-by-play?

(Postscript — Much of the action was opposite of the visitor corner, West had white on white unis and often the fans were left guessing if it was a score or not [twice down at the one but no announcement and players with arms up signaling TD], and guessing as to who scored.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Q5clan

Do what MC did at St Viator some years back. Either, there were no visitor stands, or they were tiny. We sat on the home side. Too bad.

Awesome 1A stadium, real nice 2A...for a booster funded stadium, excellent start - they raised $900,000+ for this, they should be commended...

To clarify, my post wasn't meant as criticism, just informing on the facts. That said, anyone else attending the game last night disappointed when the Hawks announcer pulled a Hawk Harrelson and stopped announcing the third through fifth West TDs? Silence each time until the ensuing kickoff. The silence after the score that opened up the second half was broken with the raffle ticket winning numbers. Not sure if no spotter, but rarely was credit given for tackles or plays. Sportsmanship aside, if you are going to bury the visiting crowd in stands 40 feet beyond the track in the corner of an end zone, could you at least provide them with some play-by-play?

(Postscript — Much of the action was opposite of the visitor corner, West had white on white unis and often the fans were left guessing if it was a score or not [twice down at the one but no announcement and players with arms up signaling TD], and guessing as to who scored.)

I will keep it clean here but Bartlett has never been very good hosts. I’ve watched so many shenanigans over the years on their fields.

To clarify, my post wasn't meant as criticism, just informing on the facts.... Sportsmanship aside, if you are going to bury the visiting crowd in stands 40 feet beyond the track in the corner of an end zone, could you at least provide them with some play-by-play?

My comment was not meant as slam to anybody, but as a comparison of expectations...If you drop that facility at a rural 1A school in the typcal 1A conference, it will likely be the nicest facility in the conference...and the visitors would likely enjoy sitting on new safe & sound bleachers instead of the 30+ year old wooden visitors bleachers you find on many old stadiums...But they need to get on with Phase 2 since their enrollment is larger than a lot of 1A schools' whole village....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT