ADVERTISEMENT

Day Drinking Caught Up to Me

omg! exact same thing here.

and what happened to the 6a thread? i still had it on page 3 on my screen when i opened my computer. i clicked 'like' and it said 'thread not available'. lol.
In short, people go to great lengths to hide or disguise the truth. Just so happens that a specific group of people always seem to be on the unfortunate side of it all.

Whoa - slow down. I was actually replying and the thread disappeared. My take was that it is tough to make that face mask call. And the reason for not commenting further is that this is Edgy's living room. I am not going to fart here.

And I returned here to provide sideline video:

The last ESL score was at 15:00 - no footage of the kick. BUT, the final drive is shown. See 15:30 onward. I have not done a full analysis of it, others can chime in.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
I’ll say the two calls were certainly not egregious, but you could definitely define them as questionable. The announcers commented on them.

East St Louis lost yesterday because Cary was better. All that matters is the final score.

If East Side hadn’t figured out how to stop that offense after having seen it for basically the last 3-4 years, it’s hard to blame officiating for that.

East St Louis lost yesterday because Cary was better. All that matters is the final score.

If East Side hadn’t figured out how to stop that offense after having seen it for basically the last 3-4 years, it’s hard to blame officiating for that.
That’s the entire point. ESL stopped them twice particularly during that drive. Beyond that, CG was forced to punt twice prior to that drive. How does that equate to what you’ve stated?

If you wanna be technical, CG had three successful drives (of course including the one of discussion) to ESL’s three successful drives.

You really shouldn’t broad-stroke as a matter of convenience or to perpetuate a narrative. Life is really more of a nuanced existence.

That’s the entire point. ESL stopped them twice particularly during that drive. Beyond that, CG was forced to punt twice prior to that drive. How does that equate to what you’ve stated?

If you wanna be technical, CG had three successful drives (of course including the one of discussion) to ESL’s three successful drives.

You really shouldn’t broad-stroke as a matter of convenience or to perpetuate a narrative. Life is really more of a nuanced existence.
All that matters is the final score. Everything else is conjecture and theories. A 19 play 71 yard drive that chews up 10 minutes is tough to argue against.

What an incredibly cowardly outlook and mentality.
I’m not phased by your obvious stance on a certain existence. I’m beyond professional and whether you care to consider it or not, I and many others have had to deal with the microcosms of this for a very long time.

Last edited:
All that matters is the final score. Everything else is conjecture and theories. A 19 play 71 yard drive that chews up 10 minutes is tough to argue against.
I know, it’s easy to draw a broad and oversimplified conclusion when it has always worked favorably to do so.

My comments are not a dig against CG and their fan-base. They fought hard and came away with the W. Kudos to them.

As a matter of fact, I don’t believe that they had anything to do with the officiating in terms of an arrangement of some sort. I am by no way implying that.

But what I am saying is ESL was definitely on the bad end of some questionable calls during defining moments. It’s factual.

Based on their 57-7 drubbing of Prairie Ridge in last year’s final, it’s clear they’ve figured out the theory to stop the offense.
Even yesterday, they only allowed three scores (Prairie Ridge, the foremost experts on it, allowed three scores as well this year). In the second half, the only scoring drive they allowed required numerous fourth down conversions and some penalty help along the way.
Not trying to take anything away from Cary Grove or their offense, but to say East Side hasn’t figured out how to stop the style is inaccurate.

Based on their 57-7 drubbing of Prairie Ridge in last year’s final, it’s clear they’ve figured out the theory to stop the offense.
Even yesterday, they only allowed three scores (Prairie Ridge, the foremost experts on it, allowed three scores as well this year). In the second half, the only scoring drive they allowed required numerous fourth down conversions and some penalty help along the way.
Not trying to take anything away from Cary Grove or their offense, but to say East Side hasn’t figured out how to stop the style is inaccurate.
Spot on. Plain and Simple.

Well they didn’t figure it out on the final drive of the game which is kind of important. It was a close game but Cary won. In the end, that is all that matters.

I would not say they stopped it yesterday, but they certainly slowed it. You’ll recall that in Q2 CG was about to go up by another TD when a holding call, I assume accurately called but I never saw a replay of it so it may have been a “phantom” call, stopped that drive and ended up resulting in a punt, negating a first down deep in ESL territory. Never saw a replay of the penalty by CG on the 90+ return that negated a TD either, so not sure that was an “accurate” call. Just saying…the refs threw some flags on CG too which negated one for sure and potentially two TDs.

I would not say they stopped it yesterday, but they certainly slowed it. You’ll recall that in Q2 CG was about to go up by another TD when a holding call, I assume accurately called but I never saw a replay of it so it may have been a “phantom” call, stopped that drive and ended up resulting in a punt, negating a first down deep in ESL territory. Never saw a replay of the penalty by CG on the 90+ return that negated a TD either, so not sure that was an “accurate” call. Just saying…the refs threw some flags on CG too which negated one for sure and potentially two TDs.
I think we mostly agree. Yes, Cary Grove had offensive success. No, it was not because the Flyers are unable to figure out the scheme. Anyone who thinks CG won because East STL cannot figure out an option offense is taking away the credit Cary Grove deserves for executing well. It was more about the Trojans refusing to be tackled than any play call, especially the tail end of the final drive.

Suspicious calls against CG for sure.
I was not implying that they were not accurate, just that anyone could have made that statement by the timing and importance of them and the lack of seeing any evidence of the penalties. Just making a point, as you may have been as well…

Shhh. Those don’t fit the narrative. Pretend they never happened.

Reactions: CGsupporter
I wanna go back to why this thread started…
DAY DRINKING!!

The BEST!

All of the refs on tv and refs in the stands can have all the opinions that will never matter because they choose not to be part of the answer rather than bitch about the wife they never left.

DAY DRINKING solves these problems!

Well done Crusader 90!

I wanna go back to why this thread started…
DAY DRINKING!!

The BEST!

All of the refs on tv and refs in the stands can have all the opinions that will never matter because they choose not to be part of the answer rather than bitch about the wife they never left.

DAY DRINKING solves these problems!

Well done Crusader 90!
Ya know, sometimes I can go deep - the ND / USC game was a bender of Biblical proportions. My girls chastised me and a buddy after hearing the stories. And the RV stunk like hell.

Yesterday, it was slow ... then I killed the last of the turkey and mac n cheese during the second half of 7A ... I woke after 8A and my iced Tito's and lime in a Yeti looked pristine, but I was done. Maybe had three tumblers over the course of 6-8A.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT