ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Duereson Act dead?

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
I hope this thing is dead. I hope we as parents can make decisions as to how we want to raise our children. I’m sorry that some politicians think they can raise our children better than we can.

I hope this thing is dead. I hope we as parents can make decisions as to how we want to raise our children. I’m sorry that some politicians think they can raise our children better than we can.

As though the average parent fully understands the causes and effects of CTE.

It is not dead she just moved it off the table because there was more people getting involved. She has moved it so she can more people to vote for it then against it! But this is the third time this has been brought up and she will do it again!

As though the average parent fully understands the causes and effects of CTE.
There are many things that the average parent doesn’t understand. That doesn’t mean that they can’t educate themselves if it becomes an issue in their life. It certainly doesn’t mean they need the government to make decisions for them on how they raise their children.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
It is not dead she just moved it off the table because there was more people getting involved. She has moved it so she can more people to vote for it then against it! But this is the third time this has been brought up and she will do it again!

The opposition against this bill is growing at a far quicker rate than people lining up to vote for it. She is running out of time since she is not running for re-election. She knows it has very little chance of passing and it will likely not make it to a formal vote.

The opposition against this bill is growing at a far quicker rate than people lining up to vote for it. She is running out of time since she is not running for re-election. She knows it has very little chance of passing and it will likely not make it to a formal vote.
You are right Newt. It will not get passed and signed into law. But we can tell her, "thank you for playing."

From Day 1, this was not going to pass. This was one person pushing a pet project that got her a lot of ink and happiness in her district. Caucus members are slow to pounce on their kindred fellows, but this never, ever had a chance of getting the needed votes.

The reps who co-sponsored - Chris, Anna, Laura, Feigenholtz, Willis, et al - are buddies, but I doubt they even thought this could pass. (I'd love the see the respective caucuses' bill fact sheet.)

Had this been a "real bill" judged on actual merit, Madigan would have dumped it to Executive Committee, where bills go to die. Instead, they strung it along and put it into Mental Health, on which Laura and Sara sit. A few people got into the news and talked a good game.

That's all this was - fun and games.

There are many things that the average parent doesn’t understand. That doesn’t mean that they can’t educate themselves if it becomes an issue in their life. It certainly doesn’t mean they need the government to make decisions for them on how they raise their children.

eireog:

I agree. I tend to believe parents with children involved in sports are more familiar with health matters than our representatives think. This bill reflects a larger problem in Chicago, Springfield and Washington: It represents how politicians are short-sighted. Their main concern is not a future in which they are no longer in office, but with tomorrow's headlines and the next election.

This "representative," Carol Sente, and her starry-eyed idealist colleagues are absolutely clueless. Always trying to finesse an issue to varnish their unremarkable records as a lawmakers. I know more about my, my wife's, and our childrens' health than Sente will ever know. Moreover, I would be willing to bet Sente does not know whether a football is filled with air or straw.

The biggest problem is Sente doesn't care what or if she knows. In her unhinged mind, the fact she a Democrat, a politician, and an elected official is grounds for her to interpret she does know more.

With people such as Sente serving up ridiculous legislation as this, I'm pleased to admit I cheat on my taxes.

Like immunizations?

eireog:

I agree. I tend to believe parents with children involved in sports are more familiar with health matters than our representatives think. This bill reflects a larger problem in Chicago, Springfield and Washington: It represents how politicians are short-sighted. Their main concern is not a future in which they are no longer in office, but with tomorrow's headlines and the next election.

This "representative," Carol Sente, and her starry-eyed idealist colleagues are absolutely clueless. Always trying to finesse an issue to varnish their unremarkable records as a lawmakers. I know more about my, my wife's, and our childrens' health than Sente will ever know. Moreover, I would be willing to bet Sente does not know whether a football is filled with air or straw.

The biggest problem is Sente doesn't care what or if she knows. In her unhinged mind, the fact she a Democrat, a politician, and an elected official is grounds for her to interpret she does know more.

With people such as Sente serving up ridiculous legislation as this, I'm pleased to admit I cheat on my taxes.
Can I Like this more than once!

Like immunizations?
. The state has a list of immunizations that every child needs to have to attend school. I know some parents choose not to immunize. I’m assuming they must home school. They still have that choice. If this bill were to pass no kid could play football in the state.

. The state has a list of immunizations that every child needs to have to attend school. I know some parents choose not to immunize. I’m assuming they must home school. They still have that choice. If this bill were to pass no kid could play football in the state.

I equate home-schooling with immunization refusal as far as backward parents are concerned.

we need to get more sports banned onto the bill, most importantly girls soccer, which has the highest concussion rate of you sports. Hockey as well. once you add these two other sports, including one that would eliminate a girls sport, then you will have all the opposition that you need. this ding bat knows that girls soccer has a higher concussion rate and won't allow the banning of that sport for youth onto the bill cause she knows it will be a death blow to the bill.

Reactions: Gene K.
eireog:

The last line is hilarious!

I equate home-schooling with immunization refusal as far as backward parents are concerned.

Maybe it is backward but it still gives the parent a say in how they raise their kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT