ADVERTISEMENT

DARK SIDE STOCK MARKET IS OPEN - WELCOME

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
First of all, you are playing for a voting position in the DSR for 2015....comeon....what can be better than that?

Second, after a scare - thinking the market was not going to open....i've found a solution. It's a little simpler than before, but will be fun none the less.

Here are your rules and instructions - and a link to the board. (owners will have editing power henceforth).

Rules:

A: Admin:[/B]

1. The goal of the game is to be the owner with the largest portfolio after the title game.

2. Owners start with a portfolio of 4000 Coin (edgycoin...).

3. Team Stock: Team Stock is simply a way to refer to the playoff elgible teams in the game (all teams in 5-8a).

4. Owners will use their Coin to purchase various amounts of shares in each stock.

5. Owners can buy shares ONLY at their IPO (this is a change); That is at the price set before the round 1 game.

6. A team's IPO is simply 32 divided by their seed. (To buy one share of a 1 seed's stock, you spend 32 coin. To buy one share of an 8 seed's stock, you spend 4 coin (32/8); and to buy one share of a 16 seed will cost you 2 coin (32/16).

B. Game Play:[/B]

7. As stated above, owners have 4000 coin to spend purchasing shares in Team Stock.

8. Owners can spend their coin how they like...as many or as little shares in any Team, but cannot spend over 4000 coin.

9. Owners can ONLY BUY Team Stock prior to Round 1. However, teams CAN SELL Team Stock prior to any Round.

10. When an owner sells stock, the claimed coin for the sale goes into the owner's bank and cannot be re-used.

11. Team Stock going bust: When a team loses, their Stock goes bankrupt. Any money invested in that Stock goes to 0.

12. When a team wins, it gains the value of its seed, each round. Thus, one share in a one seed, if you let it ride, can go from 32 -the price before Round one to 37, the value after the title game. Thus, one share in a 16 seed, if you let it ride, can go from 2 - the price before Round one to 82, the value after the title game.

13. The game ends after the 8a title game, or when ever all owners go bust - which would be really funny.

C. Instructions:[/B]

14. Open up the positions sheet.

15. Find your tab at the bottom.

16. In your page, pay attention to A1:D2, that is your summary area.

17. Find the Team Stock you want to buy, then type in the share amount you wish to purchase.

18. When you want to sell, and hold the profits in your bank, state that fact in the weekly thread I will post, and I will handle the maintenance.

19. Watch your position rise and fall on the spreadsheet leader board.

D. Questions[/B]:

20. I anticipate some hiccups. Please be patient.

21. What are your questions?

THE MARKET IS OPEN

DSR Market

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News