ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick Em Week 3: WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thereturnofcmonman

Oct 4, 2019
Even though several games had no score reported last week....it is time to celebrate the fact that CPL Pick Em is back for week 3. Let's all let out a big Ric Flair WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Clark @ Bulls Prep: Friday 7:15
The Friday 7:15 spot at Rockne means that all of the lights are shining on you. When I think of Clark, my mind goes to College Basketball Analyst Clark Kellogg. When I think of Kellogg, I think of Frosted Flakes. They're GRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT! Clark will shine as bright as the lights at Rockne Stadium this week.

UIC Prep @ Phoenix: Saturday 4:00
This is a shocking turn of events. We have a battle of two teams that have Fire in their nicknames. The Firecats vs. the Firebirds. I do not know what a Firecat is, but I once had a Pontiac Firebird. Man, that was one great automobile. It may have been dead for almost 20 years now, but its spirit will rise from the ashes and be hovering over Lane Stadium (just like a Phoenix would!!). Phoenix wins this inferno match.

South Shore @ Bowen: Saturday 4:00
If there was ever a nickname bracket of CPS nicknames, these two teams would have high seeds. The Tars vs. the Boilermakers. It's going to be really hard for a train to get moving on the wonderful field at Eckersall stadium. Then you throw a layer of tar on the field, and the train just gets stuck. The train may be saying choo choo, but that's about all it will be doing. South Shore with a big win this week.

Hubbard @ Kenwood: Friday 7:15
The dog track or the Rodeo? Where should I go on a Friday night? The Greyhounds or the Broncos? So many questions, and so little time. It's the Friday night slot at Gately, so time may be a factor in this game. Hopefully there isn't a power surge that takes out all of the lights in the scoreboard. I lost a bunch of money at the dog track last month, so I'll go to the rodeo this week. Shout out to Chris LeDoux. If you don't know who he is, you have some homework to do.

Whitney Young @ Lane Tech: Friday 7:15
I feel like this match is a regular rivalry in soccer and baseball. What is this game doing on the CPL Football lineup? I feel like it has to be a typo. This game pits the 4th and 5th highest ranked schools in the state of Illinois. I feel like this is a tough game to read, so I need to find someone who has a finger on the pulse of these programs. Who ya gonna call??? Coach Finger! Whitney Young wins an absolute slugfest, or maybe more like a chess match.

Sarah Goode @ Catalyst Maria: Saturday 1:00
History lesson here. Sarah Goode is named after the woman who invented the precursor to the Murphy bed. A classic invention! A bed that can store vertically against the wall and then you pull it down when you need it. I am not sure who Catalyst Maria is named for. Maybe it's Maria from such great hits as Take A Letter Maria, My Maria, or Maria, Maria. She reminds me of a west side story, growing up in Spanish Harlem. Well, Harlem is in New York, New York has no space, and they need beds that fold up into the wall. Sarah Goode wins in the name of all bedmakers in the world!

Noble: Gary Comer @ Noble: Johnson, Friday 4:15
A battle of the Nobles in the CPL Friday 4:15 slot!! I wouldn't have it any other way. And it's at the wonderful Stagg stadium. If you haven't visited Stagg Stadium, it's a Chicago gem. Anyone who knows anything about CPL football has seen at least one game at Stagg Stadium. Hopefully, the game is as good as the stadium. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be if Gary "Big Hands" Johnson was in attendance for this game(RIP Gary). Unfortunately, the attendance may be small due to rush hour traffic and school days getting out late. This has the potential to be one of the lowest scoring games all week, but I'll take Comer to win because after all, someone has to win.

Little Village @ Collins: Saturday 10:00 AM
The most notorious CPL time slot is obviously the Thursday 4:15 slot. I feel like the slot that deserves attention but never receives the notoriety is the Saturday 10:00 AM slot. Maybe because that it most people are still in bed and can't get up in time to see the game in the slot. In the suburbs, this is the slot for Freshmen and JV football games. In CPS, it's the slot that kicks off a potential triple or quadruple header of CPL action! Since I would have to rise up out of bed to watch this game, I'll take the Little Village Phoenix. They will keep on rising no matter the time of day.

Schurz @ Mather: Saturday 1:00
A Big Shoulders rivalry that refuses to die!!!!!!!!!!! Wait a minute, they both moved to the Windy City conference? Who made this ruling??? Seems like a very poor decision. Big Shoulders is such a better name of a conference. Oh well, I guess they will still play the game. Mather is in blue, Schurz is in Purple. Hopefully they do a color rush!!!!!!!!!!! Blue is my favorite color, my wife's is purple. I can't lose to my wife, I'll never live it down. Mather wins big!

Richards @ Corliss: Thursday 4:15
There is no better way to end this week's pick em than to highlight the primetime CPL spot. Thursday at 4:15!!!!!!!!! Especially on a 4 day week, it feels like Wednesday at 4:15!!!!!!!!!! We need to bring back the Wednesday 4:15 slot, those were the glory days. This week's primetime slot pits the Warriors against the Trojans. Two perfect nicknames for this slot!! There will be plenty of jousting back and forth down the field, maybe even on horseback!! Since the game is at Gately, Corliss won't be able to take a bus to the game. There is something about CPL bus rides that just invigorate the soul. Richards wins in a close match.

Even though several games had no score reported last week....it is time to celebrate the fact that CPL Pick Em is back for week 3. Let's all let out a big Ric Flair WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The Friday 7:15 spot at Rockne means that all of the lights are shining on you. When I think of Clark, my mind goes to College Basketball Analyst Clark Kellogg. When I think of Kellogg, I think of Frosted Flakes. They're GRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT! Clark will shine as bright as the lights at Rockne Stadium this week.

This is a shocking turn of events. We have a battle of two teams that have Fire in their nicknames. The Firecats vs. the Firebirds. I do not know what a Firecat is, but I once had a Pontiac Firebird. Man, that was one great automobile. It may have been dead for almost 20 years now, but its spirit will rise from the ashes and be hovering over Lane Stadium (just like a Phoenix would!!). Phoenix wins this inferno match.

If there was ever a nickname bracket of CPS nicknames, these two teams would have high seeds. The Tars vs. the Boilermakers. It's going to be really hard for a train to get moving on the wonderful field at Eckersall stadium. Then you throw a layer of tar on the field, and the train just gets stuck. The train may be saying choo choo, but that's about all it will be doing. South Shore with a big win this week.

The dog track or the Rodeo? Where should I go on a Friday night? The Greyhounds or the Broncos? So many questions, and so little time. It's the Friday night slot at Gately, so time may be a factor in this game. Hopefully there isn't a power surge that takes out all of the lights in the scoreboard. I lost a bunch of money at the dog track last month, so I'll go to the rodeo this week. Shout out to Chris LeDoux. If you don't know who he is, you have some homework to do.

I feel like this match is a regular rivalry in soccer and baseball. What is this game doing on the CPL Football lineup? I feel like it has to be a typo. This game pits the 4th and 5th highest ranked schools in the state of Illinois. I feel like this is a tough game to read, so I need to find someone who has a finger on the pulse of these programs. Who ya gonna call??? Coach Finger! Whitney Young wins an absolute slugfest, or maybe more like a chess match.

History lesson here. Sarah Goode is named after the woman who invented the precursor to the Murphy bed. A classic invention! A bed that can store vertically against the wall and then you pull it down when you need it. I am not sure who Catalyst Maria is named for. Maybe it's Maria from such great hits as Take A Letter Maria, My Maria, or Maria, Maria. She reminds me of a west side story, growing up in Spanish Harlem. Well, Harlem is in New York, New York has no space, and they need beds that fold up into the wall. Sarah Goode wins in the name of all bedmakers in the world!

A battle of the Nobles in the CPL Friday 4:15 slot!! I wouldn't have it any other way. And it's at the wonderful Stagg stadium. If you haven't visited Stagg Stadium, it's a Chicago gem. Anyone who knows anything about CPL football has seen at least one game at Stagg Stadium. Hopefully, the game is as good as the stadium. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be if Gary "Big Hands" Johnson was in attendance for this game(RIP Gary). Unfortunately, the attendance may be small due to rush hour traffic and school days getting out late. This has the potential to be one of the lowest scoring games all week, but I'll take Comer to win because after all, someone has to win.

The most notorious CPL time slot is obviously the Thursday 4:15 slot. I feel like the slot that deserves attention but never receives the notoriety is the Saturday 10:00 AM slot. Maybe because that it most people are still in bed and can't get up in time to see the game in the slot. In the suburbs, this is the slot for Freshmen and JV football games. In CPS, it's the slot that kicks off a potential triple or quadruple header of CPL action! Since I would have to rise up out of bed to watch this game, I'll take the Little Village Phoenix. They will keep on rising no matter the time of day.

A Big Shoulders rivalry that refuses to die!!!!!!!!!!! Wait a minute, they both moved to the Windy City conference? Who made this ruling??? Seems like a very poor decision. Big Shoulders is such a better name of a conference. Oh well, I guess they will still play the game. Mather is in blue, Schurz is in Purple. Hopefully they do a color rush!!!!!!!!!!! Blue is my favorite color, my wife's is purple. I can't lose to my wife, I'll never live it down. Mather wins big!

There is no better way to end this week's pick em than to highlight the primetime CPL spot. Thursday at 4:15!!!!!!!!! Especially on a 4 day week, it feels like Wednesday at 4:15!!!!!!!!!! We need to bring back the Wednesday 4:15 slot, those were the glory days. This week's primetime slot pits the Warriors against the Trojans. Two perfect nicknames for this slot!! There will be plenty of jousting back and forth down the field, maybe even on horseback!! Since the game is at Gately, Corliss won't be able to take a bus to the game. There is something about CPL bus rides that just invigorate the soul. Richards wins in a close match.
Your usual posts are full of broken English and the use of the letter, "z" in place of the letter, "s." Have you let go of that shtick or did you forget to use your other login?

Your usual posts are full of broken English and the use of the letter, "z" in place of the letter, "s." Have you let go of that shtick or did you forget to use your other login?
There was a character that used to speak like that back in the day when there was a CPS blog. It was an attempt to commemorate them.

Is it CPL Pick 'em time already?? Man, time flies when you are having fun. Playtime is over in the CPL...no more non conference forfeits! We are full on HOT CPL ACTION!!

I can hear the Alan Parsons Project music now....And now....your Chicago Bulls College Prep Academy Bullsssssss! Wait, that is too many syllables. Of course in this matchup, the Bulls don't need extra syllables.
BULLS!

Sorry, Saturday at 4 is reserved for the SEC on CBS.
Vanderbilt!!

I'm a huge Bowen fan. I've never seen them get off the bus with more than 20 guys. Mismatched jerseys. Doubles of the same number. 3 footballs. 2 coaches. Yet they ball.
Boiler UP!

5 years ago, Hubbard gets the running clock in the 2nd quarter. This ain't 5 years ago.
Chop the Wood!

Nothing like a Friday night at Lane Stadium. Flooded bathrooms. Half the scoreboard lights not working. That water horse that runs 24 hours a day in the south end zone. The booth guy that thinks he is a DJ... CPS Football BABY!
Whitney!

Interesting history lesson today on Sarah Goode. Maybe tomorrow we can get the pronunciation. Sarah GOOD, or Sarah GooDY? Inquiring minds want to know!
Sarah with an H!

Went to the movies for the first time in a long time last weekend. Ended up being completely distracted by the guy two rows in front of me with the worst comb-over ever. Dude was combing over from his neckline. It was troubling, yet awesome at the same time. I like awesome.
Gary COMBER!

Over the summer I ended up at this party with a guy who was mixing up Tom Collins cocktails. Those suckers are refreshing! If this team has any of that kind of energy, I am all in on Collins!

I don't care what conference they are in now. This will always be a NW Side Big Shoulders matchup to me! I wonder if CPS can figure out a way to unlock Hansen Stadium for this one. Both teams on the CTA... having to wait for three busses because one team couldn't get everyone on one.... damn, I'm getting a bit misty eyed thinking about it.
It doesn't Mather what you think Schurz, Give me the Rangers!

Corliss right across the street from Gately. I've always imagined students rolling across the street to enjoy a Gately Dog or two at lunch. They have to sell them all day, right? No way that is just an in-game experience.
Corliss!!

Is it CPL Pick 'em time already?? Man, time flies when you are having fun. Playtime is over in the CPL...no more non conference forfeits! We are full on HOT CPL ACTION!!

I can hear the Alan Parsons Project music now....And now....your Chicago Bulls College Prep Academy Bullsssssss! Wait, that is too many syllables. Of course in this matchup, the Bulls don't need extra syllables.
BULLS!

Sorry, Saturday at 4 is reserved for the SEC on CBS.
Vanderbilt!!

I'm a huge Bowen fan. I've never seen them get off the bus with more than 20 guys. Mismatched jerseys. Doubles of the same number. 3 footballs. 2 coaches. Yet they ball.
Boiler UP!

5 years ago, Hubbard gets the running clock in the 2nd quarter. This ain't 5 years ago.
Chop the Wood!

Nothing like a Friday night at Lane Stadium. Flooded bathrooms. Half the scoreboard lights not working. That water horse that runs 24 hours a day in the south end zone. The booth guy that thinks he is a DJ... CPS Football BABY!
Whitney!

Interesting history lesson today on Sarah Goode. Maybe tomorrow we can get the pronunciation. Sarah GOOD, or Sarah GooDY? Inquiring minds want to know!
Sarah with an H!

Went to the movies for the first time in a long time last weekend. Ended up being completely distracted by the guy two rows in front of me with the worst comb-over ever. Dude was combing over from his neckline. It was troubling, yet awesome at the same time. I like awesome.
Gary COMBER!

Over the summer I ended up at this party with a guy who was mixing up Tom Collins cocktails. Those suckers are refreshing! If this team has any of that kind of energy, I am all in on Collins!

I don't care what conference they are in now. This will always be a NW Side Big Shoulders matchup to me! I wonder if CPS can figure out a way to unlock Hansen Stadium for this one. Both teams on the CTA... having to wait for three busses because one team couldn't get everyone on one.... damn, I'm getting a bit misty eyed thinking about it.
It doesn't Mather what you think Schurz, Give me the Rangers!

Corliss right across the street from Gately. I've always imagined students rolling across the street to enjoy a Gately Dog or two at lunch. They have to sell them all day, right? No way that is just an in-game experience.
Corliss!!
Damn ain't you tired of being wrong? But we might make you a believer after this one.

Am I seeing things correct? Only 2 Thursday games this week? What in the world of HOT CPL Pick 'em is going on? Too many schools getting spoiled with their own fields? That many teams dropping football all together? Whatever it is, it's unacceptable Jaton! Get on this and fix it STAT!

The beacon is a shining light in his community. The Bulls use a shining spot light for that glorious intro. Michelle is a step away from Rockne, you can't throw any rock(ne)s at those sweet Bulls uniforms, especially those helmets! I'm back and forth this is going to be closer than imagined. In the end only Michelle has Coach Percy. Go Beacons!

UIC Preps kids to be a flame, Phoenix preps kids to rise from the ashes. Funny story, last week I'm stuck on the expressway heading back into the city. Traffic is bumper to bumper and I'm stuck right by Bryn Mawr. It's nice and cool out so I've got the windows down. I start to hear this stadium announcer, the self proclaimed "Voice of Norwood Park", read the story of Taft Football. Couldn't catch it all with the rest of the noise but it was something about a caveman and prevailing. I get home and look up Taft to see who this announcer is and find nothing, but I come across some articles about the old coach at Taft, Coach T. He left after spring season to move to the South. When this guy eventually moves back into the city he needs to take the Phoenix job. Perfect fit... Phoenix rises (and prevails)

Football is a game of aggression. Fight it out between the whistles. This match up is the Bowen Arrows vs. the South Shore Metras? Give me the arrows way more aggressive.

Kenwood was impressive last week against Hillcrest, the last few years they have been impressive until the last week of the season. They have quite a few dudes that are getting D1 looks but still feels like they're missing something. Maybe it's just because they are the Broncos and not the Bronchos. It's all about that H. Powerhouse teams always carry and extra H, or at least that's what I've been told. You know who has that H? Hubbard. I'll take the shocker this weekend.

This game screams tickle fight. Not a single tackle will be made in this Super Soft northside matchup. Give me Young 72-70

It's got to be Good E on the pronunciation. Unfortunately Maria will fold her right back into the wall.

Oh the noblest of Johnsons. If there's one thing that this pandemic has shown us, its that COVID seriously wrecks your Johnson. Comer it is.

Collins triplets have been gone from the other LV (Lake View) for quite a few years now. Has nothing to do with the actual Collins school, but that's all the same because Collins the school has nothing to do with playing real football. Give me the Village

Schurzly you don't think this game mathers. It doesn't. Battle of the dawgz ends with a whimper. Tie

Corliss is playing Richards? My guess because this is CPL Corliss gets confused and hops on the bus to Oak Lawn. Arriving in Oak Lawn at the other Richards leaves Corliss to forfeit the game right across the street at Gately!!!

If anyone in the Chicagoland area is cutting out of work early to head to Michigan this afternoon, you'd be crazy not to swing by the mighty Eckersall stadium just off 90 on 83rd to catch the 4:15 matchup between Dunbar and King. Great afternoon for football in the city! Grab a burger for the rest of the ride just down the street at the New Look.

Reactions: thecpsblog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT