ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick Em is Back!

Thereturnofcmonman

Oct 4, 2019
We back! We back! We back in the speakers (what will the DJ play Friday night?), back in Black getting blasted in the Bleachers (oh boy). It's probably true what my mama said (CPL is awesome), I do it just like my daddy did (Playing for the Julian Jaguars)....thought we were gone, but you're wrong, and now it's on...WE BACK!

Oh it is so good to be back. Nothing reinvigorates the soul like CPL Thursday 4:15 football. Here are the games this weekend (games taken from IHSA website):

Dusable Panthers at Juarez Eagles, Saturday 10:00 at Winnemac
Whether I am standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona, getting a great night of sleep at the Hotel California after having a Tequila Sunrise, or living Life in the Fast Lane because I am the New Kid in Town, there is a gonna be a Heartache Tonight (oh wait its Saturday morning), when the Eagles win a close one over the Panthers. If you ask me why, well I Can't Tell You Why, because I am Already Gone and Takin it To the Limit.

Ag Science Cyclones at Solorio Sun Warriors, Friday 7:30 at Solorio
In my eyes....indisposed (where is the concession stand??), in disguises no one knows (New uniforms this year???), Hides the face (duh, behind a helmet), lies the Snake (Kenny Stabler is there!!), And the sun in my disgrace (Friday Night Lights!), boiling heat, summer stench (When will it be fall?), neath the black, the sky looks dead (because it is too busy watching CPL football), call my name (I'm in the top row of the bleachers!)...Black hole Sun, won't you come???? I have never understood why a team named the Sun Warriors plays at night (especially in CPL). Cyclones all the way!

Noble Butler Co-Op Lynx vs. Noble Rauner Wildcats, Saturday 1:00 at Lane
My child arrived just the other day (he can't wait for CPL action), he came in the world in the usual way, but there were planes to catch (may as well have planes with a school bus shortage), and bills to pay (pay those referees!), he learned to walk while I was away(it's so hard to get away from CPL football), and he was talking before I knew it, and as he grew he said, I'm gonna be like you Dad, you know I'm gonna be like you....Well the cat may be in the cradle, but it is time to let it out! Lynx all day (especially because their IHSA name has co-op in it).

Tilden Blue Devils vs. Clemente Wildcats, Saturday 7:00 PM at Lane
Fee fee, fi fi, fo fo, fum, Look at Molly now, here she comes (is that a Lane security guard there to make sure no one leans against the rails), wearing her red jacket and the shades to match. She's got high heeled boots and a baseball cap, wearing her shoes and holding the wand....Devil with a red coat, red coat, red coat, devil with a red coat on. Since the devil doesn't have a blue dress on, take Clemente this week!

Curie Condors at Mather Rangers, Saturday 4:00 at Winnemac
It's Morphin time!!!!! During this game, one team will Shift into Turbo, send their opponents into Space and a Lost Galaxy using Wild Force and Time Force with plays called Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder! After unveiling their Mystic Force, the Rangers will kick it into Operation Overdrive and unleash their Jungle Fury!!! Rangers all the way!!!

Noble Golder Panthers at Senn Bulldogs, Friday 4:15 at Lane
Who Let the DAWGS out!!!!! Hoo, hoo, hoo!!! Who let the DAWGS out! Senn all day!

Prosser Falcons at ITW Speer Pride, Friday 7:30 at Speer
IN THE NAME OF LOVE! What more in the NAME of LOVE! One man caught on a barbed wire fence (should've bought a ticket, much easier way to get into the game), one man he resist (good job security!), one may washed on an empty beach (obviously he got lost because CPL doesn't play at the beach), one man betrayed with a kiss (keep it clean in the stands) Take U2 and Pride all the way!!!

Game of the Week: Roosevelt Rough Riders at Kennedy Crusaders, Saturday 7:00 (Location Unknown)
All my friends, know the rough riders! The rough riders are a little higher...Rough riders know every street yeah, rough riders are the one to meet yeah, Rough Riders don't use no gas now, Rough riders don't drive too fast now. Although it's hard to go against a George Lopez Show theme, gotta take Kennedy all the way in this one to win the Game of the Week!

We back! We back! We back in the speakers (what will the DJ play Friday night?), back in Black getting blasted in the Bleachers (oh boy). It's probably true what my mama said (CPL is awesome), I do it just like my daddy did (Playing for the Julian Jaguars)....thought we were gone, but you're wrong, and now it's on...WE BACK!

Oh it is so good to be back. Nothing reinvigorates the soul like CPL Thursday 4:15 football. Here are the games this weekend (games taken from IHSA website):

Whether I am standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona, getting a great night of sleep at the Hotel California after having a Tequila Sunrise, or living Life in the Fast Lane because I am the New Kid in Town, there is a gonna be a Heartache Tonight (oh wait its Saturday morning), when the Eagles win a close one over the Panthers. If you ask me why, well I Can't Tell You Why, because I am Already Gone and Takin it To the Limit.

In my eyes....indisposed (where is the concession stand??), in disguises no one knows (New uniforms this year???), Hides the face (duh, behind a helmet), lies the Snake (Kenny Stabler is there!!), And the sun in my disgrace (Friday Night Lights!), boiling heat, summer stench (When will it be fall?), neath the black, the sky looks dead (because it is too busy watching CPL football), call my name (I'm in the top row of the bleachers!)...Black hole Sun, won't you come???? I have never understood why a team named the Sun Warriors plays at night (especially in CPL). Cyclones all the way!

My child arrived just the other day (he can't wait for CPL action), he came in the world in the usual way, but there were planes to catch (may as well have planes with a school bus shortage), and bills to pay (pay those referees!), he learned to walk while I was away(it's so hard to get away from CPL football), and he was talking before I knew it, and as he grew he said, I'm gonna be like you Dad, you know I'm gonna be like you....Well the cat may be in the cradle, but it is time to let it out! Lynx all day (especially because their IHSA name has co-op in it).

Fee fee, fi fi, fo fo, fum, Look at Molly now, here she comes (is that a Lane security guard there to make sure no one leans against the rails), wearing her red jacket and the shades to match. She's got high heeled boots and a baseball cap, wearing her shoes and holding the wand....Devil with a red coat, red coat, red coat, devil with a red coat on. Since the devil doesn't have a blue dress on, take Clemente this week!

It's Morphin time!!!!! During this game, one team will Shift into Turbo, send their opponents into Space and a Lost Galaxy using Wild Force and Time Force with plays called Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder! After unveiling their Mystic Force, the Rangers will kick it into Operation Overdrive and unleash their Jungle Fury!!! Rangers all the way!!!

Who Let the DAWGS out!!!!! Hoo, hoo, hoo!!! Who let the DAWGS out! Senn all day!

IN THE NAME OF LOVE! What more in the NAME of LOVE! One man caught on a barbed wire fence (should've bought a ticket, much easier way to get into the game), one man he resist (good job security!), one may washed on an empty beach (obviously he got lost because CPL doesn't play at the beach), one man betrayed with a kiss (keep it clean in the stands) Take U2 and Pride all the way!!!

Game of the Week: Roosevelt Rough Riders at Kennedy Crusaders, Saturday 7:00 (Location Unknown)
All my friends, know the rough riders! The rough riders are a little higher...Rough riders know every street yeah, rough riders are the one to meet yeah, Rough Riders don't use no gas now, Rough riders don't drive too fast now. Although it's hard to go against a George Lopez Show theme, gotta take Kennedy all the way in this one to win the Game of the Week!
If I said about Obama what Lopez said about Trump I’d be in prison

Did somebody say 4:15 starts? It's on! To the picks!

Saturday mornings at Winnemac always involved getting those ridiculous Dutch pancakes at that tiny restaurant on Western. I loved getting the table under the juice machine. Owner always gave me extra juice in exchange for reaching over me constantly to fill pitchers for the hangover crowd. Unfortunately, it's closed forever. Looks like I'll be drinking Grog at Simon's before this one. Seems appropriate. Give me Spicy Juarez!

Not quite harvesting season. So the farmers can concentrate solely on butt kicking season. Sorry Solorio., but Ag puts this one in the barn early.
Farmers!

Anyone see the pictures of the giant air bubble in the SMU field the other day after those huge rains? Reminds me of that game a few years ago at Lane when it rained so hard the field had the same giant air bubble in the middle of it. I was already soaked, so I stuck it out in the stands and watched the stadium crew and sports admin stand around and poke the bubble, then scratch their heads for a good hour before postponing the game. Good times.
Co - Op!

Mike Krzyzewski could move back to Chicago and take over at Tilden, they still aren't beating Clemente.
Cats!

How many times to I have to say this...It doesn't MATHER who the opponent is...the Rangers own Winnemac!
Mather!

For those of you new to CPL Pick 'EM....
DAWGZZZ!!

Fenger!

For those of you new to CPL football, Location Unknown isn't a mis-type, nor is it an oversight on the IHSA website. In the CPL there is a really good chance that the CPL powers that be don't know where the game is going to be played. Chances are that this location will be relayed to the respective teams on Thursday or Friday, and one or both teams will be late because no one told the bus drivers the location of the game...that is, IF the busses show up, which is always a crap shoot on a Saturday afternoon.
Kennedy!

Last edited:
C'mon, c'mon man! We have CPS games in the 5 slots to open the season! So good so soon. Let's get to it.

Hansberry v. Corliss Friday 4:15
The berries of Hans come into this season ripe for the picking. After finishing last season 2-5 they return with a full bushel of talent. Is it enough to take down the Snakes of Corlissssssssssssssssss? Not a chance my friend. Snakes slither.

Golder v. Senn Friday 4:15
Golder took a few years off football. I think they are now co-op'ing as quite a few CPS schools have started. My guess is with all that chaos of a restarted program and a co-op they still aren't ready to play this week. Would it even matter when the DAWGZ roll off the bus at game? No it won't. DAWGZ!

CMABAFA v. Marine Friday 4:15
Soo many letters in this co-op abbreviation. I thought I was typing out a full name. Chicago Military Academy - Bronzeville-Air Force Academy?!?!? So many big guns. If this summer taught us anything it's that Maverick (and mustaches) are back! CMABAFAXYZPDQ in a rout, sorry Marines better regroup.

Little Village v. Richards Friday 4:15
I can't get over this game. My analysis immediately went to Little Richard's village. Think Santa Village but instead of everything Christmas, everything Little Richard!!! We all win with that one. Tutti Fruitti!

Lane v. Amundsen Friday 4:30
Seems like this opener is going to be a battle of relegation. Amundsen was 8-2 last year and chose not to move up to the top conferences. Lane was 5-6 last year and clung to the middle of the pack. Amundsen clearly has the blueprint to success in their conference. Can they challenge the Lane blueprint to the middle of the pack? So many questions... I've got no prediction, nor answers, but you know I'll be riding the Rail before heading over to catch this Friday Matinee!

Happy Week One!

Hold on there @thecpsblog.... I see what you did there. More picks! On to the Friday matinee slate!

Hansberry v. Corliss Friday 4:15
So, it is HANDSberry, or HAANSberry? It's probably just me, but it seems like they are a better team with the former. Tough to play well when the announcer sounds like he is broadcasting an English Tea Party.. HAAANSberry passes the crumpets!
Corlissssssssss!

Golder v. Senn Friday 4:15
Been a hot minute since I picked a Golden game. Any chance they changed their nickname to the Grahams in the time away? Then, they would have a chance of being good at football, AND staying crispy in milk! Either way...
DAWGZ!

CMABAFA v. Marine Friday 4:15
Acronyms suck.
Marine!

Little Village v. Richards Friday 4:15
Little Richard's Village... that's straight funny. What's not funny is the amount of points the Little Village People are going to score before the sun goes down.
LVP!

Lane v. Amundsen Friday 4:30
So awesome to see such a huge rivalry game to start the season in the CPL. It's tough to pick a game like this, when both teams spend the year thinking about this one. This is the game these teams measure their success on. The dozens of fans at Winnemac should see a good game and a great sunset!
Amundsen!

Last edited:
We have some CPL updates:

According to my confidential sources, apparently the Dusable/Juarez game is no more. The Roosevelt/Kennedy game has been moved to 1:00 on Saturday and is being played at Westinghouse!!! Since a game has come off the board, let's replace it with another game.

Additional Game of the Week: North Lawndale Phoenix vs. Harlan Falcons
Since I wanna live where the green grass grows and watch my corn pop up in rows, I'll take North Lawndale.

@thecpsblog I'll take Corliss, Senn(obviously), Little Village, CMABAFA, Amundsen (in an upset)

No more Dusable vs Juarez? Again, for all the CPL Pick 'em newbies, this is par for the course. Games drop off. Games get rescheduled to random places. Folks, if you haven't gotten on the CPL football train, now is the time! Can't promise great football, but I can promise non stop action!

As @Schwab54 always says, the Phoenix is always rising, but if Harlan brings out those sweet, sweet, all baby blue uniforms? It's fire extinguished for the Phoenix.
Harlan!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT