ADVERTISEMENT

Corrected:: Class 8A thru 1A IHSA Proposed Districts

Hahaha I'm sure the RC and Herscher faithful will love that

And it just dawned on me...this is so well thought out that I don't see everyone's favorite 3 time defending champions from Elmhurst IC Catholic in 4A or 5A...sure, put them back in 3A after dominating 4A last year...presumably really bad for Lisle & Westmont...

And it just dawned on me...this is so well thought out that I don't see everyone's favorite 3 time defending champions from Elmhurst IC Catholic in 4A or 5A...sure, put them back in 3A after dominating 4A last year...presumably really bad for Lisle & Westmont...

Does it really matter for Westmont? LOL .....In all seriousness this might help a team like Lisle or Byron because I would presume that once playoffs start you would be seeded away from teams in your district? Or how will the seeding work?

The District proposal did away with Success factor. It could come back again, but at the start it is gone. It is my understanding Districts are designed to alleviate scheduling problems which can arise from conference hopping because of football. Schools which do not prioritize football (a majority in the state maybe?) should welcome districts. Schools which prioritize football (a minority of school?) should hate districts.

Personally I am fascinated by the consequence (unintended or not) of possibly destroying football for high achieving small private schools. Why would you go to IC or Naz, and win 80-0 each weak against inferior competition. How would that affect recruiting when your tape is against obviously inferior talent and ability. The big question is would this give a bigger private school a leg up in recruiting? The bigger private school can go to the family and say 'we play better quality schools simply because of our size and therefore your child will be exposed to a better quality of competition which attracts more college coaches to watch.

It's not always the top talent that needs exposure. Plenty of kids have been recruited because they stood out when a college coach came to see someone else.

Does it really matter for Westmont? LOL .....In all seriousness this might help a team like Lisle or Byron because I would presume that once playoffs start you would be seeded away from teams in your district? Or how will the seeding work?
I believe you are correct. I seem to recall reading that teams from the same district would not meet in the playoffs before the quarterfinals.

The IHSA could match up the districts in a number of different ways for the playoffs, but given that they said teams from the same district would not meet in the playoffs before the quarterfinals, the most likely method they will use would look as follows.

Each class has been divided into a North and South region. Those two regions, in essence, would hold their own separate playoff with the champions of each region meeting for the class championship. In other words, the playoff teams will be seeded within each region (North or South).

In all first round games #1 seeds will play #4 seeds, and #2 seeds will play #3 seeds. So, using letters to designate the district and numbers to designate the seed, the playoffs within each region would look like this:

A1
B4

C2
D3

B1
A4

D2
C3

C1
D4

A2
B3

D1
C4

B2
A3

Right, so very similar to how wrestling works (or at least used to, I haven't been to Assembly Hall for the finals since the third class was added).

Also, I will reiterate what people have already said, these districts are in fact a big steamy pile of crap. I don't think this will kill football completely, but it will definitely put it on life support.

Not only will Wilmington ( using them as example since it's my home team interest) have to travel to Chicago 3x a year, they will be facing teams that won't provide much competition. I'm sure many other schools will be in the same situation.

Reactions: IgorStL
Also, I will reiterate what people have already said, these districts are in fact a big steamy pile of crap. I don't think this will kill football completely, but it will definitely put it on life support.

Not only will Wilmington ( using them as example since it's my home team interest) have to travel to Chicago 3x a year, they will be facing teams that won't provide much competition. I'm sure many other schools will be in the same situation.

Many on here have complained about the scheduling, multipliers and the crap with the private’s vs public debate and I was saying for years be careful what you wish for and now you finally get what you get. Shut up and suck it up and see how it plays out. I myself have grown tired of the whining.

MC and SR should be in the same district. Just move the Caravan to Rita's division and we're good.

I think in District Football they would play every year in round three.

C1/D4
C3/D2
C2/D3
C4/D1

C1/D2
D1/C2

C1/D1

If this is the case I would love to see MC/BR SR/Marist week one and MC/Marist SR/BR week two.

Two thoughts-Rockford Christian is having trouble keeping their enrollment up and keeping their doors open. Why would any parent now send their kid there when every district game is in the city of Chicago? School will certainly close - at least this is my thought.

2nd-I’m late to the party but is this just for football or all sports? They can’t be expecting LWE to travel 3 hrs down south for a midweek baseball game correct?

If Rockford Christian is having trouble keeping doors open, why are do they have building expansion going on? Of any private school in Rockford, they seem to be growing the most. Not every game would be in Chicago either. Amboy and Pecatonica are in their district.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT