ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations!!!

I saw St. Rita had an article saying 7 of their boys were, and I saw another boy saying he was on twitter. So maybe the Catholic League?

I thought most conferences do it this first week of the playoffs and announce after the first playoff weekend? Wow ESCC and CCL are all over it!! - What did they do - meet up on Sunday nite at the VFW and bang it out?

Reactions: RockSoup
He wasn’t.

Top ESCC All Conf Football honors for Gavin Smith (O line), Isaiah Lee (D line) and Wes Lones (Co-Defensive Player of the Year). #NazPride

Eight LA Ramblers were voted CCL Blue all conference. QB Boyle is Lawless award winner. Marty Geary CCL Blue defensive player of the year. Congrats and Onward and Upward

Snubbed from?
Naz didn't tweet his name in what I saw.

I missed the latter

I think he's unblockable, best DT I have seen ever at the HS level in terms of quickness, power and hands. People wanna knock the "spandex workouts" that are the summer circuit, however Lee clearly honed his craft in them.

He wasn’t.

Top ESCC All Conf Football honors for Gavin Smith (O line), Isaiah Lee (D line) and Wes Lones (Co-Defensive Player of the Year). #NazPride

Ah. And that's why I hate character limits.

I didn't see him in the All Conf tweet.

epicbret, Lee worked his ass off in the off season with the Starts up Front group. The Lugo boy, Keesler, Austin, Lee and my son went 3 days a week and killed themselves. The difference was phenomenal.

As far as summer camps go, Lee and my son were easily the best 2 dt in the class at every one of them they attended, and actually had an arguments started about them being in the "top 2" of one on ones between a few colleges. My boy typically lost out to the "bigger names" in the group, but the growth in both boys was tremendous.

Not sure who has lineman in the area, but Enoch and the Starts Up Front group is hands down the best training for them in the area.

Reactions: epicbret
epicbret, Lee worked his ass off in the off season with the Starts up Front group. The Lugo boy, Keesler, Austin, Lee and my son went 3 days a week and killed themselves. The difference was phenomenal.

As far as summer camps go, Lee and my son were easily the best 2 dt in the class at every one of them they attended, and actually had an arguments started about them being in the "top 2" of one on ones between a few colleges. My boy typically lost out to the "bigger names" in the group, but the growth in both boys was tremendous.

Not sure who has lineman in the area, but Enoch and the Starts Up Front group is hands down the best training for them in the area.
Would have been a lethal combo on the same squad.

Would have been a lethal combo on the same squad.

Well, if you're "in the know" then you know it almost happened!!

I say this to everyone, Coach Corey, and Joe Feliz are good people, and they treated us very well. It all came down to the fact that at the time, I had no way of getting my kids there, and the ridiculous drive they would have had to make wouldnt work out for us.

So why wasn't Nate a starter this year? (I dont really expect an answer here, I just doubt whoever started over him is better)

I saw some of those tweets by Enoch. The work they did with him, and the work he put in, was amazing.

Again, he's the best DT I've ever seen at the HS level live. Others might have been bigger, but nobody I have seen was as unblockable by one man.

I say this to everyone, Coach Corey, and Joe Feliz are good people, and they treated us very well. It all came down to the fact that at the time, I had no way of getting my kids there, and the ridiculous drive they would have had to make wouldnt work out for us.

So why wasn't Nate a starter this year? (I dont really expect an answer here, I just doubt whoever started over him is better)
Lugo? I think too many people get wrapped up in starter etc. I went to a bunch of Naz games and he played starters minutes for sure. No idea who was out there for the first snap but Naz played a variety of kids on their DL.

Isaiah Lee
Nate Lugo
Cam Leach
Eduardo Gonzales
Marcus Griffin
Louie Stec

Are the kids I would say played starters minutes from what I’ve seen. Some LB’s played DL at times and some other kids spelled the aforementioned 6 also. One kid has been out for the season that would have been on the above list as well. I think Naz does a good job of rotating DL at such a crucial position, almost all of their DL usually play somewhere on offense too. From everything I hear the Naz people are really high on Lugo.

Can OP change the title of this thread to "DLinemen from Provi and Naz"?

Let’s talk about Jalen Slater and Fred Stokes. Were either named all conference? Both are really solid edge players. Did they play any O?

Let’s talk about Jalen Slater and Fred Stokes. Were either named all conference? Both are really solid edge players. Did they play any O?

Fred played a bit of TE on O, and Jalen didn't play much (or at all) on O. Wouldn't be surprised to see either on the other side of the ball in the playoffs, in Fred's case more based on his ability to block. Both have speed and good instincts, and second season calls for best players between the lines, so I say play them!

All Conference? No clue. Just never interested me much, tbh.

Reactions: Gene K.

Lugo? I think too many people get wrapped up in starter etc. I went to a bunch of Naz games and he played starters minutes for sure. No idea who was out there for the first snap but Naz played a variety of kids on their DL.

Isaiah Lee
Nate Lugo
Cam Leach
Eduardo Gonzales
Marcus Griffin
Louie Stec

Are the kids I would say played starters minutes from what I’ve seen. Some LB’s played DL at times and some other kids spelled the aforementioned 6 also. One kid has been out for the season that would have been on the above list as well. I think Naz does a good job of rotating DL at such a crucial position, almost all of their DL usually play somewhere on offense too. From everything I hear the Naz people are really high on Lugo.

Yeah, not sure how the dynamics of Naz line rotation works, the boy just told me he wasn’t starting. At Provi, that means limited reps at best.

Fred played a bit of TE on O, and Jalen didn't play much (or at all) on O. Wouldn't be surprised to see either on the other side of the ball in the playoffs, in Fred's case more based on his ability to block. Both have speed and good instincts, and second season calls for best players between the lines, so I say play them!

All Conference? No clue. Just never interested me much, tbh.
Slater played lights out for Montini this year and I have thought the same thing about playing him on offense. On defense he is a beast and has the physical ability to play on offense too so a lot of us fans are hoping he gets in on offense during the playoffs. Stokes has also played very well when given the opportunity on offense. Both Slater and Stokes have very good speed and both are strong kids. We could use both of them on offense IMO which will make us stronger and harder to beat..

Reactions: mchsalumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT