ADVERTISEMENT

Conferences with Super Bowl Winners

RD_Watcher

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
WSC now has 3 super bowl winners - Elliot who kicked FGs for the Eagles came for Lyons Township; David Edwards- Starting RG for the Rams came from Downers Grove North; Brian Allen- Starting Center for the Rams went to Hinsdale Central.

Any other conferences with Super Bowl winners?

ESCC - Mike Alstott JCA, Rodney Harrison Marian Catholic.

Given the N/S divisions of the early 90s and the CMC of the late 90s, would Simeon Rice (MC) and David Diehl (BR) count as same conference?

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Off the top of my head
St. Rita

Players
Darrius Fleming New England
Patrick O'Connor Tampa Bay

Coaches
Mike Kafka Kansas City Chiefs
Kevin Carberry Los Angeles Rams

WSC now has 3 super bowl winners - Elliot who kicked FGs for the Eagles came for Lyons Township; David Edwards- Starting RG for the Rams came from Downers Grove North; Brian Allen- Starting Center for the Rams went to Hinsdale Central.

Any other conferences with Super Bowl winneer

If Thayer can be counted for ESCC (JC was Illini 8 in his time), could old Packer great Ray Nitschke of Proviso Twp in the 1950s also be counted for the WSC?

• Haha
ESCC - Mike Alstott JCA, Rodney Harrison Marian Catholic.

Given the N/S divisions of the early 90s and the CMC of the late 90s, would Simeon Rice (MC) and David Diehl (BR) count as same conference?
Mike Prior of Marian Green Bay Packers

From QB to TE to G, Edwards has had some trip. Imagine the type of trick plays they can run. The G end around option pass.

Illinois Super Bowl trivia....four players have played high school football in IL and also thrown a TD pass in the Super Bowl....name them.

Last edited:
Those came off the top-of-my-head. I didn't research.

I think Hart is not correct. I'm getting him confused with another QB from Illinois but I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe Tomczak? Did he get in and throw a TD pass in SB XX?

From memory I think there was a Wagner who played for the Steelers who attended Carmel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT