ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Talk: 2023 Dupage Valley

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Just a place to break down the 2023 DuPage Valley conference race.

Top teams to watch? Sleeper team to watch? Player of the Year in the conference? Game of the Year? Lets talk the DVC for 2023 here

The obvious front-runner for POY is WR/KR -Luke Williams from NN. (Despite the fact that he'll be facing double coverages all year, he's sill poised to put up big numbers.)

Other notables to watch:
WR/KR Julian Johnson - Waubonise Valley
WR-Logan Devick -Naperville Central
CB/WR-Lucas Van Vlerah -Metea Valley
K/WR-Nico Carrier - Metea Valley
WR-Carter Stare -Neuqua Valley
QB-Ryan Mohler -Neuqua Valley
QB from Naperville North...Name? (Whomever is throwing to Luke Williams)
Need help on RB's.

Last edited:
NOT North. Has to be Central.
Is Central bringing back a lot? Nequa has been very strong in recent yrs and I was very impressed with their QB (backup qb last yr then entered lineup after injury) against NN.

Is Central bringing back a lot? Nequa has been very strong in recent yrs and I was very impressed with their QB (backup qb last yr then entered lineup after injury) against NN.
No, but North is a perennial underachiever.

NOT North. Has to be Central.
Don't think you follow the DVC closely. Neuqua historically has the most talent and numbers at the lower levels. That will be the case again this season. They will be the favorite. North has a nice junior and senior class-to-be this year. NN has a killer non-conference schedule so it won't be easy to get to five wins, but they should challenge Neuqua for the title. Central was extremely weak last year and were pretty bad at the soph level as well. But they did have several kids up on varsity. Expect Central to finish third.

Don't think you follow the DVC closely. Neuqua historically has the most talent and numbers at the lower levels. That will be the case again this season. They will be the favorite. North has a nice junior and senior class-to-be this year. NN has a killer non-conference schedule so it won't be easy to get to five wins, but they should challenge Neuqua for the title. Central was extremely weak last year and were pretty bad at the soph level as well. But they did have several kids up on varsity. Expect Central to finish third
I follow the DVC very closely. NN rarely performs up to ability.

NV
NC
NN
The rest are terrible

I follow the DVC very closely. NN rarely performs up to ability.

NV
NC
NN
The rest are terrible
You said that Central is the best team in Naperville right now. Please tell me why you believe this. What makes them the favorite? How many lower level games have you watched?

You said that Central is the best team in Naperville right now. Please tell me why you believe this. What makes them the favorite? How many lower level games have you watched?
Here's my reasoning:

1) Since 2011 (I'm not willing to put in the time to go further back), Naperville Central and Naperville North have played 14 times with NC winning 9 of those.

2) In that same time period, NC has been to 1 State Championship game (win), 1 other semifinal game, and 3 other quarterfinal games. NC has won 15 playoff games since 2011 (80-48 overall).

3) NN has not won a single playoff game in that same time period (54-56 overall).

Reactions: Alexander32
Here's my reasoning:

1) Since 2011 (I'm not willing to put in the time to go further back), Naperville Central and Naperville North have played 14 times with NC winning 9 of those.

2) In that same time period, NC has been to 1 State Championship game (win), 1 other semifinal game, and 3 other quarterfinal games. NC has won 15 playoff games since 2011 (80-48 overall).

3) NN has not won a single playoff game in that same time period (54-56 overall).
NC is also 7-5 against NV in that time.

Here's my reasoning:

We are talking about right now. Right now the Redhawks are down talent wise. And they lost a great head coach in Mike Stine two years ago.

We are talking about right now. Right now the Redhawks are down talent wise. And they lost a great head coach in Mike Stine two years ago.
The recruiting of division I transfers definitely helped them. I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT