ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Paul Adams

HoopinHawk

Oct 18, 2005
Excuse me if someone has already posted this, I don't login much in the off season.

Coach Paul Adams passed on March 14. He taught so many of us much more than the game of football. Deerfield will never see his like again.

Godspeed Coach!

Excuse me if someone has already posted this, I don't login much in the off season.

Coach Paul Adams passed on March 14. He taught so many of us much more than the game of football. Deerfield will never see his like again.

Godspeed Coach!

Agree 100%! Master motivator. I posted his passing soon after but some slapp D had to chime in and get the thread flushed.

His 1970s program was among the most elite in the state and it continued into the early 1980s.
In an era where longevity awards have become Hall of Fame inductions, this man was a Hall of Famer in the truest sense.

Reactions: mmca and Quags57
Class act!! I played at Maine East fall of 1980. New Trier East was ranked #1 in 6A and Deerfield #2, and we had to play them in back to back weeks with 8 starters suspended due to drinking on school grounds at a soccer game.

Adams knew and specifically toned down his offense. They had an All State QB named Jay French but they threw 2 passes all day. Could have run up the score to win brownie points with whoever did polls back then and did not. Next week NTE also knew and ran up the score badly.

An early life lessen on what it really means to be a winner with class. The guy was Aces in my book

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT