ADVERTISEMENT

Coach of the Decade?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Sure why not....

So who would be your Coach of the Decade (2010-2019) and why? Also which current head coaches would you want to add to the All Decade Coaching Staff under that head coach?

Post em here

Leonard hands down with 8 titles.

Honorable Mention Troy McCalister. Despite cursing Philips for acquiring numerous MC players, he brought a completely dormant program back....well I can’t even say back from the dead because I can’t recall them ever being alive....into two State Titles. Credit given when due.

Honorable Mention- John Holecek. 2 titles, 4 runner ups and a few semi finals, well done sir.

Can have both on staff. Who has won the most with transfers?

Who has won with the most elite freshman?

Also who is the best developer of above average FR to elite SR?
I'm thinking on the other 2 but PR Staff for development.

Reactions: epicbret
Leonard hands down with 8 titles.

Honorable Mention Troy McCalister. Despite cursing Philips for acquiring numerous MC players, he brought a completely dormant program back....well I can’t even say back from the dead because I can’t recall them ever being alive....into two State Titles. Credit given when due.

Honorable Mention- John Holecek. 2 titles, 4 runner ups and a few semi finals, well done sir.
A few 8A Semi’s?

Rambler Football Over the Past 11 years under Holecek -

128 - 22
2 8A Sate Championships
6 Final Appearances
9 Appearances in the 8A semis
10 straight seasons with at least 11 wins
8 CCL Blue championships (outright/shared)

Game over.

A few 8A Semi’s?

128 - 22
2 8A Sate Championships
6 Final Appearances

Game over.
Also he’s playing one of the hardest schedules every yr,you can’t argue that it’s 8A.So I agree he has to be no 1.

Also he’s playing one of the hardest schedules every yr,you can’t argue that it’s 8A.So I agree he has to be no 1.

He is playing that schedule with 8A kids so that’s just like every other school. No advantage there. Leonard playing 4a with 4a kids. It’s not like He is playing 8A with 6A kids and have success in 8A. No one compares to 8 Titles in 10 years!!

A few 8A Semi’s?

128 - 22
2 8A Sate Championships
6 Final Appearances

Game over.
By a few I was meaning the years they finished the season in the semi’s, not the years they made it there and moved on to the title game. 8 titles in 10 seasons for Rochester though...he gets my vote. I watched the game they played CCL power Rita in the finals, and they manhandled them. Don’t worry my friend, Holecek is one of the best in the business. The 2015 LA team was the best team of the decade.

By a few I was meaning the years they finished the season in the semi’s, not the years they made it there and moved on to the title game. 8 titles in 10 seasons for Rochester though...he gets my vote. I watched the game they played CCL power Rita in the finals, and they manhandled them. Don’t worry my friend, Holecek is one of the best in the business. The 2015 LA team was the best team of the decade.

I think coach Z deserves to be in the discussion. Made playoffs every year and won 7A & 8A. Not sure how many trips to the final but I Don’t believe he has ever finished less than the quarter finals.

He is playing that schedule with 8A kids so that’s just like every other school. No advantage there. Leonard playing 4a with 4a kids. It’s not like He is playing 8A with 6A kids and have success in 8A. No one compares to 8 Titles in 10 years!!
I’m going to regret engaging with you, but I have to ask out of morbid curiosity: what is/are the distinction(s) between an “8A kid” and a “4A kid”? Just curious. Don’t want to add 350 pages to this thread. The only distinction I see, is size of student population and that has nothing to do with the individual “kid”.

A few 8A Semi’s?

128 - 22
2 8A Sate Championships
6 Final Appearances

Game over.

Obviously it's great and commendable but Loyola never has to play up a class or more like the other successful private schools.

Obviously it's great and commendable but Loyola never has to play up a class or more like the other successful private schools.
Huh? Holecek wins. Didn’t you read my post. I said “game over.” Nothing more to discuss.

Last edited:
I don't get how 2 state championships is better than 8 state championships???

You must like LeBron too.

Derek Leonard is the Coach of the Decade.

Nuff Said.
Dude, I’m just kidding. I don’t really give a shit.

Reactions: Wassup13
Small schools...Josh Jostes, Maroa-Forsythe. One title, five runners-up, two 12-1 semis...8-3, 9-2 other two years...Remarkable consistency for a school on the 1A/2A border that played in a 3A conference for a few years with powers (St. Joes, Tolono Unity, Monticello).

I don't get how 2 state championships is better than 8 state championships???

You must like LeBron too.

Derek Leonard is the Coach of the Decade.

Nuff Said.
What does LeBron have to do with this conversation?

I think coach Z deserves to be in the discussion. Made playoffs every year and won 7A & 8A. Not sure how many trips to the final but I Don’t believe he has ever finished less than the quarter finals.
Didn't make the quarters in 10, 11, or 15 the past decade

I’m going to regret engaging with you, but I have to ask out of morbid curiosity: what is/are the distinction(s) between an “8A kid” and a “4A kid”? Just curious. Don’t want to add 350 pages to this thread. The only distinction I see, is size of student population and that has nothing to do with the individual “kid”.
No worries. I won’t engage. It’s all good.

Didn't make the quarters in 10, 11, or 15 the past decade

Fair enough. Still great coach and in playoffs every year. He built a program from the ground up and I am not sure any of the other coaches can say that. But yes it’s the decade so you right.
I do agree with Loyola coach for the decade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT