ADVERTISEMENT

Class 6A State Title GameDay Thread

This is why Feeto doesn’t do upsets in the finals. Every team deserved to be here. And let the kids settle it on the field.
Exactly and thank you! This is exactly why yesterday and today are so special for fans of Illinois High School Football. Great job to all of these teams.

Reactions: CGsupporter
They read this board. I wish we could stop pretending we can eyeball teams. Football is played on the field, not in the minds of spectators.
Post of the day. ESL was never going to run away with this and anybody who said so was an idiot. CG was undefeated for crying out loud and played a tougher schedule and probably should have won by more.

Congrats to the Trojans. Probably next year will be PR. They seem to switch off.

ESL can’t
1-kick field goals
2-Tackle
3-Be disciplined
4-Stop talking smack
Fundamentals and coaching win games!!!
Field goals didn’t hurt them, they gained ground by going for two.
If you want to talk about talking smack and discipline, watch CG talk over LB3 after the screen in the backfield on the final drive. Should’ve been a penalty all 7 days of the week.

CG played and called a great game today, no need to diminish it by coming up with false narratives

Post of the day. ESL was never going to run away with this and anybody who said so was an idiot. CG was undefeated for crying out loud and played a tougher schedule and probably should have won by more.

Congrats to the Trojans. Probably next year will be PR. They seem to switch off.
Won by more? Be appreciative of the gifts given.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
"36-37 ESL Losing in the Class 6A State Championship"

Yeah I'm putting this on mute for the next 2 games, these guys are idiots.

Great, great game. East St.Louis all class after the game... congratulating the injured Cary-Grove fullback... as well as others.

Now Edgy has a dilemma. Does he have the guts to leap unbeaten Cary-Grove (victors over the #1 team in the state) over several other teams to make them #1 in the Chicago area rankings?

Great, great game. East St.Louis all class after the game... congratulating the injured Cary-Grove fullback... as well as others.

Now Edgy has a dilemma. Does he have the guts to leap unbeaten Cary-Grove (victors over the #1 team in the state) over several other teams to make them #1 in the Chicago area rankings?
Don't think it's a dilemma at all. EStL was a really good team, but the media inflated them more than what they were. It's why whenever people asked who would beat them I responded with NV. Your #1 team will be WN, Lockport, or MS.

Gifts as in STUPID personal fouls and being ill prepared in two key moments.

I can see how that could be interpreted as snotty - please know I do not intend that,

CG won because they were excellent!
Wait a minute now..CG committed penalties as well. It was a great game with two powers. ESL fell short but definitely had an opportunity to win this for sure. Overall the game was played well. CG got one more stop. That’s all.

Reactions: CGsupporter
Don't think it's a dilemma at all. EStL was a really good team, but the media inflated them more than what they were. It's why whenever people asked who would beat them I responded with NV. Your #1 team will be WN, Lockport, or MS.
The Massey computer ratings and CalPreps computer ratings are not the media. Both ratings had East St. Louis #1 in the state by a wide margin.

The Massey computer ratings and CalPreps computer ratings are not the media. Both ratings had East St. Louis #1 in the state by a wide margin.
Calpreps had Rochester top 10 after the Loyola game. Calpreps is terrible, They still have Loyola over Lockport

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Gifts as in STUPID personal fouls and being ill prepared in two key moments.

I can see how that could be interpreted as snotty - please know I do not intend that,

CG won because they were excellent!
The only thing I fault East St Louis for is time management on the last drive. There seemed to be no sense of urgency on play calling when the clock was winding down, and they were still only around midfield. They also had 1-2 timeouts left.

Last edited:
They easily would have scored on the final drive if Hisson was on the field.

In over thirty years of watching IHSA football I’ve never seen a team more overrated than this year’s ESL team.
So what you are saying is CG is trash. Apparently you don’t know football. CG is good. Really good. So I nominate you for the dumbest post of the year award congrats to you give him the crown Edgy.

His Dadus on the bus with us. Btw, Nick is the 2nd of 3 brothers, his brother was the center on the 2018 team. Youngest brother maybe the best of the 3, certainly the biggest. He’ll be a freshman next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT