ADVERTISEMENT

Class 6A State Title GameDay Thread

Not much chatter about this game ….

I see it going one of three ways.
1) Flyers rout
2) Flyers in a squeaker
3) CG in a squeaker.

This and the Lockport game, following JCA’s performance, will provide discussion fodder until Christmas about who is the best in the State of Illinois.

Not much chatter about this game ….

I see it going one of three ways.
1) Flyers rout
2) Flyers in a squeaker
3) CG in a squeaker.

This and the Lockport game, following JCA’s performance, will provide discussion fodder until Christmas about who is the best in the State of Illinois.
Highly anticipated. It’s a long wait until next football season.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I like CG.
I love the way they play football.
Many people on this site cannot properly quantify a game changing talent.
ESL is not a static team but their name is used as a static term.
This year’s ESL team is very different than their teams in the past but still talked about like a “we’ve seen this before” ESL team by people that haven’t seen them this year.
Close at half. Maybe 7-7, maybe 12-7 ESL.
30-7, 30-14 ESL final.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I like CG.
I love the way they play football.
Many people on this site cannot properly quantify a game changing talent.
ESL is not a static team but their name is used as a static term.
This year’s ESL team is very different than their teams in the past but still talked about like a “we’ve seen this before” ESL team by people that haven’t seen them this year.
Close at half. Maybe 7-7, maybe 12-7 ESL.
30-7, 30-14 ESL final.
It will be a barn burner for sure. Turnovers will be the momentum shifter. If we can somehow force CG to pass by stuffing the run, it might get ugly early. I see it close at the half and ESL pulling away. 42-21 ESL

Reactions: RockSoup
It will be a barn burner for sure. Turnovers will be the momentum shifter. If we can somehow force CG to pass by stuffing the run, it might get ugly early. I see it close at the half and ESL pulling away. 42-21 ESL
Cg is gonna need atleast 3 or more turnovers for points if they wanna win!

I agree completely. I was going to mention the turnover battle. Great point. You can teach teenagers to stop the trip option but until they see it live and run as well as CG runs it, there will be a learning curve, scout teams just can’t run it like CG does. Gap control, fill your lane, don’t miss your tackle, get them in bad down and distances, trust your teammates, when your lane is called, don’t let your teammates down, wrap up belly buttons.

IMO
This game is easy to dissect. ESL is big, fast and talented. CG is Small, fast and talented. The key will be how can CG stand up over the entire game? CG needs turnovers and they need ESL to commit penalties. This is the only chance CG has. ESL needs to play smart and control the line of scrimmage. ESL will be the biggest fastest team CG faces this year. I am just hoping for a good close game. Like I said in an earlier post if this game is a route it will be ESL taking home the trophy.

IMO
This game is easy to dissect. ESL is big, fast and talented. CG is Small, fast and talented. The key will be how can CG stand up over the entire game? CG needs turnovers and they need ESL to commit penalties. This is the only chance CG has. ESL needs to play smart and control the line of scrimmage. ESL will be the biggest fastest team CG faces this year. I am just hoping for a good close game. Like I said in an earlier post if this game is a route it will be ESL taking home the trophy.
1pm can’t come soon enough!

giphy.webp

One day some smart 3 rd stringer is gonna take a swing at one of their top performers. And then the top performer will swing back. And then the IHSA is going to have a big black eye. Cause they are gonna have to kick a bunch of people out. Keep the two teams apart.

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT