ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Standings

And if the standings mean rankings, they are a little off. For example, they have Rita in fourth place in the Green.

Last edited:
I’m surprised ESCC runs the website with no acknowledgement of CCL. Seems like they are the ones along for the ride.
It’s the ESCC site. Did you miss where at the top of each division it reads CCL/ESCC? Or the link to the story on the merger? Along for the ride? Good one

It’s the ESCC site. Did you miss where at the top of each division it reads CCL/ESCC? Or the link to the story on the merger? Along for the ride? Good one
Really curious to see where this is all headed. I think we all knew that, just like the mid 90s edition, this would be a temporary arrangement. But I didn’t expect to read the speculation on this board that smaller enrollment and ESCC schools are already poking for a new arrangement. Especially after a very successful 2019 for the league.

but if that happens I don’t think we go back to previous two leagues. Would schools like Montini or Provi want to join the ESCC? Would Marist stay with the south side peer institutions? But they really benefit from ESCC especially in girls sports.

CCL in a tough spot as no schools want to joint their big 4 (5 if Marist bolts) . Marist could be a way for them to form a 5 team blue. But nobody else wants to be stuck with 2 or more crossovers with that group. So there could be a reckoning coming maybe Fenwick, DLS, Laurence, etc stick together and stay in a new CCL but demand more say over scheduling and limiting crossovers? Or maybe the form their own league with Marmion, Francis, ignatius, DePaul, etc. or maybe they all join a reimagined ESCC.

I will be real curious to see where this all leads.

Last edited:
Really curious to see where this is all headed. I think we all knew that, just like the mid 90s edition, this would be a temporary arrangement. But I didn’t expect to read the speculation on this board that smaller enrollment and ESCC schools are already poking for a new arrangement.

but if that happens I don’t think we go back to previous two leagues. Would schools like Montini or Provi want to join the ESCC? Would Marist stay with the south side peer institutions?

CCL in a tough spot as no schools want to joint their big 4 (5 if Marist bolts) . Marist could be a way for them to form a 5 team blue. But nobody else wants to be stuck with 2 or more crossovers with that group. So there could be a reckoning coming maybe Fenwixk, DLS, Laurence, etc stick together and stay in a new CCL but demand more say over scheduling and limiting crossovers?

I will be real curious to see where this all leads.
IMO, The ESCC will stay together because of all the other sports .

IMO, The ESCC will stay together because of all the other sports .
No doubt. Just wondering if others may join them. Or if one or two may choose to exit. But definitely the ESCC would seem to be in a more unified position. The CCL seems to be in a haves and have nots quandary. And I could see a 4 or 5 team blue forming where they basically just play themselves and either need to schedule 5-6 non conference games or play each other twice each. The ESCC got some flexibility from the merger but didn’t need it. It helped a bit with competitive balance. The CCL needed it because of their even worse competitive balance issues.

I could definitely see schools like Marmion and Montini wanting to join more similar schools and a more stable situation in the ESCC. That’s where my curiosity comes from.

Last edited:
Reactions: USD24
Don’t be surprised if you see the rise a larger, all encompassing state wide, Catholic league. Any/or, the emergence of the old West Suburban Catholic Conference.

Is MCC (woodpile) angling for a solely outer suburban catholic conference of like-enrollment or big fish/small pond in the Kish Valley (possibly becoming another SHG)? I might ask the same about COM given their 1st 2 opps on this years schedule (maybe the Antioch/Lakes conference i/o the North Suburban).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT