ADVERTISEMENT

Cary-Grove vs. P.R. rd.2

Relist8

Aug 20, 2016
This match-up is always one of the hardest hitting games of the year. Curious to see if CG can generate enough offense to keep this one close.

The first one of those two teams that learns the spread / offense is going to own that area for years.
Why would successful programs change to run what everyone else runs and prepares for every week? A big part of both of these teams successes is that it is very difficult for other teams to replicate what they are going to see on Friday night. I really hope you were being sarcastic.

I’m a CG homer but I I don’t know how they figure out this PR team who dropped 42 on them in the last match. CG may need to park their bus in front of PR’s locker room door to slow them down.

Why would successful programs change to run what everyone else runs and prepares for every week? A big part of both of these teams successes is that it is very difficult for other teams to replicate what they are going to see on Friday night. I really hope you were being sarcastic.

Maybe. I always thought it was the brown uniforms that helped.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
The first one of those two teams that learns the spread offense is going to own that area for years.
The flex-bone is a proven offense. 3 consecutive state titles, 5 out of the last 10. It is a very productive offense with the end of the year weather and field conditions. It is an offense that can succeed with good not great talent. When the talent is great, watch out.

Marist is playing LA twice in a 1-32 Bracket
Two good teams that keep winning in the playoffs will eventually play each other. 1-32 will decrease that chance of this happening for the 6A brackets and down by 50%. I don’t agree with altering the seeds or brackets to just place teams on opposite sides of the bracket.

On paper PR is the clear favorite.
However-I don't see this one being a repeat of round 1 game. That game started on the wrong foot and got uglier than a mud fence. Seeing CG become unhinged was too much to bare. Very uncharacteristic for the CG program. I believe this will look more like the traditional low scoring smash mouth battle of years past. The passing game will be the game changer on offence. PR has been effective this year and a bit more consistent. CG has struggled with it, but have shown they have the ability. Both D's are more than capable of generating turnovers. PR run a few more "trick plays" which has burned CG in the past. CG will need to stay vigilant. This game just might be the battle of the D's. No room for mistakes this week boys.

Is the game at PR? Why do I feel that one of these 2 teams will represent the FVC once again at state? How would that change the way people start looking at them?

Is the game at PR? Why do I feel that one of these 2 teams will represent the FVC once again at state? How would that change the way people start looking at them?
At PR.

How do people currently look at them? What will change? Please elaborate.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Won't change how I look at either team. Good to great HS football is always a pleasure to watch and it you want to be the best you have to beat the best. There is a lot of football talent in the FVC besides PR & CG.,but year upon year these two teams seem to be always at the finish line.

Won't change how I look at either team. Good to great HS football is always a pleasure to watch and it you want to be the best you have to beat the best. There is a lot of football talent in the FVC besides PR & CG.,but year upon year these two teams seem to be always at the finish line.
Couldn't agree more Gene!

Reactions: Gene K.
If PR beats us again maybe we should consider the Spread offense! LOL

Maybe D-155 should consider sending all the Football talent to CG the soccer talent to Crystal lake South and the Baseball talent to PR and Basketball to Central. Then we can run a Pro style offense and really attract those D-1 Scouts. In the meantime we can produce some great football teams and run with the best in the state given our talent pool.

Last edited:
If PR beats us again maybe we should consider the Spread offense! LOL

Maybe D-155 should consider sending all the Football talent to CG the soccer talent to Crystal lake South and the Baseball talent to PR and Basketball to Central. Then we can run a Pro style offense and really attract those D-1 Scouts. In the meantime we can produce some great football teams and run with the best in the state given our talent pool.
D-155 is doing just fine as is...don’t you think?

We FVC guys are curious as to what your thoughts are on how the rest of the state views us CG/PR. We’re not looking for a confrontation we’d just like you to elaborate your thoughts.

Not trying to be confrontational Gene, but in Illinois "if you want to be the best you have to beat the best" doesn't apply as long as the success adjustment remains in effect.

Not trying to be confrontational Gene, but in Illinois "if you want to be the best you have to beat the best" doesn't apply as long as the success adjustment remains in effect.

I know you are directing this at Gene but I am interested in the theory behind this statement.

We FVC guys are curious as to what your thoughts are on how the rest of the state views us CG/PR. We’re not looking for a confrontation we’d just like you to elaborate your thoughts.

I'll throw in my opinion. Much like LWE and MS, CG and PR have taken a system (in various flavors) and drove it down to the youth level with effective coaching starting there. This is key and I would say an advantage to schools where they can isolate talent and really drive home a vision.

I cannot speak for the rest of the state, but I've seen CG, PR and others up your way absolutely put teams to sleep running an effective ground game. On defense I see see quick, disciplined, hard hitters. Always swarming, not always huge either, which makes speed and tenacity all the more important.

Respect meter from me for PR and CG is a 10 of 10.

On paper PR is the clear favorite.
However-I don't see this one being a repeat of round 1 game. That game started on the wrong foot and got uglier than a mud fence. Seeing CG become unhinged was too much to bare. Very uncharacteristic for the CG program. I believe this will look more like the traditional low scoring smash mouth battle of years past. The passing game will be the game changer on offence. PR has been effective this year and a bit more consistent. CG has struggled with it, but have shown they have the ability. Both D's are more than capable of generating turnovers. PR run a few more "trick plays" which has burned CG in the past. CG will need to stay vigilant. This game just might be the battle of the D's. No room for mistakes this week boys.

Just gonna say...
Called it! The Trick play Halfback toss . The D's were relentless on both sides. CG generated offence but came up short. PR took advantage of a few mistakes. Congrats to the Wolves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT