ADVERTISEMENT

BR vs Jacobs

Similar to JCA in terms of offensive style. It appears the have a very good RB and also some big targets to catch the ball as needed. The TE has several power 5 offers. They returned 16 starters from last year’s squad that advanced to the 7A quarters.

Will be a tough assignment for the Crusaders. Will have to see how the practice week pans out for the injury report…or next man up.

Reactions: Gene K.
Everyone has been spot on, Jacobs pounds the ball, throws to a couple of BIG receivers when they need to.
Because FVC is closed, not sure if the offenses are that good, or D are all mediocre at best. I guess we will find out this week.
Besides Huntley, no one has stopped anyone this year in FVC.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Similar to JCA in terms of offensive style. It appears the have a very good RB and also some big targets to catch the ball as needed. The TE has several power 5 offers. They returned 16 starters from last year’s squad that advanced to the 7A quarters.

Will be a tough assignment for the Crusaders. Will have to see how the practice week pans out for the injury report…or next man up.
That description of Jacobs is almost exactly what my buddy said on Saturday night who saw them in 7on7s in the summer. He's on an 8A staff.

I'm seeing a lot of wishbone in their game against Central as I'm skimming through the tape. If the Pierce bros are out of this game, it's going to be a struggle to win. Might be a struggle even if they do play.

May be better for BR

Will be a tough assignment for the Crusaders. Will have to see how the practice week pans out for the injury report…or next man up
Does BR want to face MC again? Especially if they aren't going to be at full strength

This past Friday Jacobs was mostly double-tight with power run offense from wishbone alignment and its common variations with some T-formation backs sprinkled in. Defensively, a 3-4-4 and a solid place-kicking game in evidence. Low and narrow set of visitor bleachers across from the home side which is built into a hill.

Not if MC has 2 home games before they meet rice. If Rice has had 1 home game leading into a rematch with MC pretty sure they get home field?
Only way MC gets 2 home games is if CPS Lincoln Park beats DGN which won't happen. If BR beats Jacobs, they will be at home week 2, if they win week 2 and MC beats DGN, it's at Barda Dowling.

This past Friday Jacobs was mostly double-tight with power run offense from wishbone alignment and its common variations with some T-formation backs sprinkled in. Defensively, a 3-4-4 and a solid place-kicking game in evidence. Low and narrow set of visitor bleachers across from the home side which is built into a hill.
I have no tolerance for small visitor bleachers.

Rice will know game status today of 3 defensive players who are hurt - only expect 1 of 3 to play and if they get by jacobs then should have another one back for 2nd round - the final guy could be back for mc along with a key ol/dl lost in week 1

Rice will know game status today of 3 defensive players who are hurt - only expect 1 of 3 to play and if they get by jacobs then should have another one back for 2nd round - the final guy could be back for mc along with a key ol/dl lost in week 1
what is the position of the third player who is hurt? I know about 55 and 11. Also heard the TE has a broken collar bone.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Does anyone know the status of MCs Dupree? That would be a huge loss, especially if we run into teams like BR on the road to state.

what is the position of the third player who is hurt? I know about 55 and 11. Also heard the TE has a broken collar bone.
One of the safeties (#2) didn’t finish the game vs Marist. I’m told all (#s 2, 11, 55) will try and give it a go tomorrow night.

Obviously, the TE (#87) is done for the remainder of the season with a broken collarbone. Fortunately, BR has some depth at WR/TE but he had very good season.

Very possible that QB2 (#17) will be available, too, if needed.

One of the safeties (#2) didn’t finish the game vs Marist. I’m told all (#s 2, 11, 55) will try and give it a go tomorrow night.

Obviously, the TE (#87) is done for the remainder of the season with a broken collarbone. Fortunately, BR has some depth at WR/TE but he had very good season.

Very possible that QB2 (#17) will be available, too, if needed.
Thanks for this. So they’re not going to be healthy down the middle of their defense. This sounds like a big problem. 87 hurts too but like you said, they have depth there. Hate to see this happen to seniors.

Did you mean it’s possible for 16 QB2 to be available? Unless 17 got hurt too. It would be nice to be able to get him some snaps to change things up a bit if the offense stagnates under 17.

Thanks for this. So they’re not going to be healthy down the middle of their defense. This sounds like a big problem. 87 hurts too but like you said, they have depth there. Hate to see this happen to seniors.

Did you mean it’s possible for 16 QB2 to be available? Unless 17 got hurt too. It would be nice to be able to get him some snaps to change things up a bit if the offense stagnates under 17.
Yes, meant 17 will be QB1 but 16 should be available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT