ADVERTISEMENT

Boyter out at Joliet Central

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
Joliet Central head coach Brett Boyter has resigned. Per his twitter account "My wife has enabled and supported my goal to be a head coach by making sacrifices in her career. It is now my turn to do the same for her"

Big loss for Central. He was a great guy for that job. He will be sorely missed.

He was very successful in making a difference in the lives of many young men who really needed the influence he delivered.
Well done Brett.

Reactions: Gene K.
3 wins this year, and not one against a Gary or CPS team. I always respected that about the Central program. They weren't taking the cheap way.

3 wins this year, and not one against a Gary or CPS team. I always respected that about the Central program. They weren't taking the cheap way.
When you're trying to build your program then you need to schedule teams like that to build up wins/your program.After a certain time then you upgrade.I agree that some teams do not do that

For clarity sake, Central is in a closed conference so they didn't have a choice. He did a great job there though

Reactions: mullin17
For clarity sake, Central is in a closed conference so they didn't have a choice. He did a great job there though
Yes, but prior to they were not and did not schedule those teams. I agreed wholeheartedly with them and West leaving the SWSC for a conference that gave them a chance to be competitive.

Reactions: WIU78
He had that program on the upswing with three wins this year and a lot of optimism about next year.

Reactions: kkhawk
Great coach, friend, and even better man. Just like the other JC alum who recently resigned from MCC. The coaching ranks need more men like them.

Reactions: Hillini74 and USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT