ADVERTISEMENT

Boylan vs Marmion

Lovefb92

Nov 6, 2018
This is a repeat of the 2010 state championship. Two catholic schools playing. Anybody have decent input on who wins?

Boylan is undefeated. They have played schools substantially larger than them all year. Marmion is a really young team. They only play 5 or 6 seniors with the rest an equal Soph/Jr lineup. If Marmion can play mistake free, I think they have a chance of keeping it close and maybe pulling off the upset. This isn't Boylan's first rodeo in the playoffs. It's going to be a tough matchup for the Cadets.​

One has to think that Boylan has the upper hand here....I think Boylan, if anything, will wear them down...Marmion must play mistake free and catch some breaks...

Thanks for the input! CCL is the premiere conference. I’m sure Marmion is legit. Boylan appears to be battle tested.

Reactions: Gene K.
Idk it’s at Marmion on their field and that was a good enough excuse for mighty Mt Carmel to justify a 6-0 win so Marmion should be able to handle Boylan easily on their home “turf.”

I saw that MC score. Made me wonder. I think that was a mud bowl.

I’m well aware and busting MC balls about it. But do you think they have laid new sod like an NFL team? Nope. So it may be ugly from here on out. Especially since we are supposed to be pretty frozen today and tomorrow and then get a bit of a thaw on Saturday!

I was at the JCA / Marmion game at Marmion. The field wasn't too bad. One side was a bit worn out, but the other was fine.

As for the game, I didn't see much from Marmion. I don't care if that MC game was played under water, I have no idea how it was that close.

I’m well aware and busting MC balls about it. But do you think they have laid new sod like an NFL team? Nope. So it may be ugly from here on out. Especially since we are supposed to be pretty frozen today and tomorrow and then get a bit of a thaw on Saturday!

Marmion threw 3 interceptions in the MC game and actually tied the game in the 4th but the TD was called back for a pick in the endzone. That game played on turf and MC wins by several touchdowns. MC's quarterback seemed to really struggle with the conditions.

This is a repeat of the 2010 state championship. Two catholic schools playing. Anybody have decent input on who wins?
Boylan has a strong Run D. Alot of kids play both sides. The offense is multiple formations with a mix of power run, jet sweeps, wr screens, slant routes. They rarely throw deep.

How is this years Boylan compared to last year?
I was at the Sterling Boylan quarter final last year and could not believe what a battle of defenses it was from two high scoring teams in regular season the game ended with Sterling kicking field goal while time expired winning 10-7
Boylans defense scored their only TD . that was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.

As far as I can tell Boylan is better than last year. That Sterling score from last year probably doesn’t hold water. Didn’t Montini spank Sterling the next week?

Regardless, this 5A bracket is stacked. It’ll be fun to watch.

Reactions: Gene K.
How is this years Boylan compared to last year?
I was at the Sterling Boylan quarter final last year and could not believe what a battle of defenses it was from two high scoring teams in regular season the game ended with Sterling kicking field goal while time expired winning 10-7
Boylans defense scored their only TD . that was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.
I'd say this year's team is better. They have a little more explosiveness on offense

Grass shmass. Marmion could've held their Xmas tree sale on the field - during the game - and it wouldn't have slowed Boylan down any.

Reactions: boylanfan33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT