ADVERTISEMENT

Boylan Catholic v Nazareth Academy

7-7 heading to the 2nd Q. Windy as hell from what I can tell on the stream.

Anyone at the game? How’s it looking out there? I am seeing 7-7 on Twitter. Not sure if still correct
21-7 Naz at almost the half. Naz has the clocks out of synch with the clock facing Boylan offense showing 5 more seconds, and the other at zero, then Boylan getting penalized for delay of games. People are pretty hot over it, rightly so.

I remember a brisk Autumn night in 2014, it would be Nazareth’s first ever night game…the opponent Boylan Catholic with a QB destine for Minnesota, the outcome Naz 56 Boylan 28. Naz scored 35 in the 1st quarter added 7 in the 2nd and closed it out with 14 early in the 3rd. I do believe the clock did run that night!

21-7 Naz at almost the half. Naz has the clocks out of synch with the clock facing Boylan offense showing 5 more seconds, and the other at zero, then Boylan getting penalized for delay of games. People are pretty hot over it, rightly so.
You do realize most stadiums don’t have play clocks and that in EVERY stadium the official counts down the play clock so there’s no real excuse. Naz also had a few delay of games today so shame on them as well.

Technology malfunctions happen and unfortunately for Nazareth that play lock has had multiple issues this year. Unfortunate to have a luxury like that and have it not work properly.

Reactions: jwarigaku
people pretty hot over a delay of game?

people pretty hot over a delay of game?
Boylan was going for it on 4th and 1 when the DOG happened. Game was still close at the time, 2nd quarter 7-7. Play clock at north end said :00 and the south end said :05. Boylan QB was reading the south end play clock, head ref was facing north. The Naz play clocks seem to malfunction every game. Boylan fans were justified to be angry.

Boylan was going for it on 4th and 1 when the DOG happened. Game was still close at the time, 2nd quarter 7-7. Play clock at north end said :00 and the south end said :05. Boylan QB was reading the south end play clock, head ref was facing north. The Naz play clocks seem to malfunction every game. Boylan fans were justified to be angry.
So first of all it was 14-7. They had 4th and 1 from their own 29 yard line with 2 mins in the half. The head official is facing the same way as the QB, south. I can assure you the official is NOT looking at the play clock and throwing flags based off what the play clock says. Secondly, just because they lined up doesn’t mean they’re going for it. It would have been borderline reckless to go for it in that situation, you don’t get it and you destroy your chances. A bad punt and quick Naz TD delivered a big blow anyways but even in hindsight there’s little chance they were snapping that ball.

If Boylan’s QB was looking at the play clock that had already been messed up for almost an entire half it’s simply poor coaching (but I don’t believe that to be the case), all that matters is the official counting down in clear view of the QB. Anyone whining about a malfunctioning play clock does not understand what’s happening out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: tuccs
So first of all it was 14-7. They had 4th and 1 from their own 29 yard line with 2 mins in the half. The head official is facing the same way as the QB, south. I can assure you the official is NOT looking at the play clock and throwing flags based off what the play clock says. Secondly, just because they lined up doesn’t mean they’re going for it. It would have been borderline reckless to go for it in that situation, you don’t get it and you destroy your chances. A bad punt and quick Naz TD delivered a big blow anyways but even in hindsight there’s little chance they were snapping that ball.

If Boylan’s QB was looking at the play clock that had already been messed up for almost an entire half it’s simply poor coaching (but I don’t believe that to be the case), all that matters is the official counting down in clear view of the QB. Anyone whining about a malfunctioning play clock does not understand what’s happening out there.
Irish,

good win by your Domers tonight against a grossly overrated Clemson team!

Refs told both coaches after the 1st or 2nd series that they were keeping the time since the clocks weren't in sync.

Reactions: Gene K.
Refs told both coaches after the 1st or 2nd series that they were keeping the time since the clocks weren't in sync.
Naz should get a refund on those play clocks. I think they've had them for 2 seasons now and they still malfunction every game.

Next game vs Morgan Park, right? At Naz?

Reactions: Snetsrak61
Watched the Boylan stream today. I’ve read the articles and coaches comments and interacted with some Boylan people yesterday. I’ve had nothing but great experiences all around with Boylan people. First class all the way. Wins and losses are important in the moment but in the grand scheme of things it’s way more about the young men and women that the community is helping to raise. Boylan deserves a well done as far as I’m concerned.

Watch out Morgan park, Naz is good and their staff is playoff tested. Don’t be shocked to see them in Champaign. Different level

Next weeks game for Naz will be a tough game to win. .I don't mean to look forward but Naz vs Sycamore over the past 5 years would be a dream match up for me.

Likely won't happen. Both games to get to the semis will be close games.

Next weeks game for Naz will be a tough game to win. .I don't mean to look forward but Naz vs Sycamore over the past 5 years would be a dream match up for me.

Likely won't happen. Both games to get to the semis will be close games.
Wassup,

can you paint us a picture of the trouble Morgan park brings to the game? I’m wondering if its size, speed, offensive/defense(production or scheme), coaching, confidence, etc. have a great evening.

Wassup,

can you paint us a picture of the trouble Morgan park brings to the game? I’m wondering if its size, speed, offensive/defense(production or scheme), coaching, confidence, etc. have a great evening.

Tell you the truth not following much hs football this year. I heard MP is good from a few other posters.

Reactions: jwarigaku
He was talking a running clock, 7 scores. maybe if this Naz team was 9-0 in that conference but they were 5-4 they lost on average by 3 scores to the top teams in the conference, they had one blow out to a CPL school and one forfeit, that was 2 of their 5 wins. Boylans conference is definitely not as tough but they blew out most teams they played. I’m not even saying they will win, but I’m betting it’s a good close game. And definetly not a running clock. I’ve been wrong before but not very often. Lol
There were no forfeits...the 2 -0 score was an actual dogfight with Kankakee..and it wasn't close. The sophomore team was in late in the third. Because if racki is up by more than 4 scores by middle of 3rd he will start subbing out starters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT