ADVERTISEMENT

Boylan Catholic v Nazareth Academy

‘I'm hearing whichever team scores more points Saturday will win this one.’

I’ve seen this posted before.

Believe it was 4Afan, actually.

Based on having seen Boylan play, strength of schedule, and how poorly the NIC-10 represented itself in the postseason (especially Guilford getting running clocked in the first half), I like Naz by 4-5 scores.

Based on having seen Boylan play, strength of schedule, and how poorly the NIC-10 represented itself in the postseason (especially Guilford getting running clocked in the first half), I like Naz by 4-5 scores.
Boylan is inconsistent. They can look really good one week, dominating teams they should, but not that good at other times. I don't think it will be a blowout though. If Boylan plays to their capabilities it will be a good game

He was talking a running clock, 7 scores. maybe if this Naz team was 9-0 in that conference but they were 5-4 they lost on average by 3 scores to the top teams in the conference, they had one blow out to a CPL school and one forfeit, that was 2 of their 5 wins. Boylans conference is definitely not as tough but they blew out most teams they played. I’m not even saying they will win, but I’m betting it’s a good close game. And definetly not a running clock. I’ve been wrong before but not very often. Lol

He was talking a running clock, 7 scores. maybe if this Naz team was 9-0 in that conference but they were 5-4 they lost on average by 3 scores to the top teams in the conference, they had one blow out to a CPL school and one forfeit, that was 2 of their 5 wins. Boylans conference is definitely not as tough but they blew out most teams they played. I’m not even saying they will win, but I’m betting it’s a good close game. And definetly not a running clock. I’ve been wrong before but not very often. Lol
Naz didn't have a forfeit

Well you were wrong twice in this post so there’s that.

FWIW I also think it’ll be a good game.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: William Foster
Do you really think that? Just curious why?

Conference has struggled this post season. The Hillcrest game was closer than the score. Montini beat Hillcrest by almost same score, Naz smoke Montini. Granted bad weather can change things.

Although Boylan did lose one game fairly early in the season to Belvidere North, they were roughly 14 points better than any other team in the conference. Consequently, I don't expect them to lose by more than 21 points, and possibly less than that.

Last edited:
NO CPL school on their schedule. (Non Con) Kankakee, Lemont, (conf)Marist, ND, Carmel, St, Rita, Leo, Montini, Benet

Yes, we’ve already pointed that out, my apologies. not being from Chicago I thought Leo was a CPL school.
they beat them like they were a CPL school and didn’t really blow anyone else away. Anyway the point of this thread is that NAZ will not running clock Boylan.

Naz is a much better team in week 11 than they were in the Marist and Niles ND games. Game #1 vs Kankakee was a battle, as was the Lemont (10-0 by the way) game, and injuries carried over until about mid-season. Most weren't expecting a running clock vs Glenbard South but there it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling Warrior
Yes, we’ve already pointed that out, my apologies. not being from Chicago I thought Leo was a CPL school.
they beat them like they were a CPL school and didn’t really blow anyone else away. Anyway the point of this thread is that NAZ will not running clock Boylan.
Benet and Montini were not close

Naz is a much better team in week 11 than they were in the Marist and Niles ND games. Game #1 vs Kankakee was a battle, as was the Lemont (10-0 by the way) game, and injuries carried over until about mid-season. Most weren't expecting a running clock vs Glenbard South but there it was.
Well, if they running clock Boylan their pretty much going to running clock their way through the state championship!

I wish they'd push the game to 6 or 7pm, there'd be a lot less wind. Boylan will stream the game on NFHS but the feed might get knocked out

Reactions: SGW08
Listen...I 'Lou Holtz' my teams with the best of them from the sandbaggin' to the reverse jinx it really is an art. Which is why, along with with being in Feeto's sights, I think its going to be a really good game. But to compare one team's record and schedule to the others is like apple's to oranges. Boylan would have had just as tough of a time looking for a 5th win this season if they played the same sort of schedule. I also mentioned a couple of weeks ago, this Naz team is not the same team it was the first quarter of the season. Which is why they find themselves hosting a second round playoff game.

I am not sure is the statement about clocking boylan equating to clocking everyone else on the way to state is accurate. History alone would suggest they'd have a tough time accomplishing such a thing against Kankakee. Plus someone a week or two ago has already crowned Sycamore so that might be a tough one too. I am just happy they found a 5th win and lucky for us we all get to sit in the bathroom away from our wives and kids and discuss it. It's truly the most wonderful time of the year!

Boylan 14-7. Going to be a close, competitive game, but will come down to the final minute with Boylan coming away with the win.

In speaking of hiding from the wife and kids, the plague has descended upon my home and I won’t be able to get out there this afternoon like my original plan. Is NazBroadcast going to be carrying this game on YouTube? If not I am hoping the edgy fam will keep me adequately updated. 🤞🏻

Boylan 14-7. Going to be a close, competitive game, but will come down to the final minute with Boylan coming away with the win.
After my morning walk with the dog, both teams will have a heck of a time competing against the wind let alone each other.

Reactions: Bdgrgirl
Listen...I 'Lou Holtz' my teams with the best of them from the sandbaggin' to the reverse jinx it really is an art. Which is why, along with with being in Feeto's sights, I think its going to be a really good game. But to compare one team's record and schedule to the others is like apple's to oranges. Boylan would have had just as tough of a time looking for a 5th win this season if they played the same sort of schedule. I also mentioned a couple of weeks ago, this Naz team is not the same team it was the first quarter of the season. Which is why they find themselves hosting a second round playoff game.

I am not sure is the statement about clocking boylan equating to clocking everyone else on the way to state is accurate. History alone would suggest they'd have a tough time accomplishing such a thing against Kankakee. Plus someone a week or two ago has already crowned Sycamore so that might be a tough one too. I am just happy they found a 5th win and lucky for us we all get to sit in the bathroom away from our wives and kids and discuss it. It's truly the most wonderful time of the year!
I wasint predicting a running clock, someone else was earlier in this thread and my comment was a half sarcastic comment saying if they running clock Boylan they will running clock the rest of the field because the remaining teams should all be similar in competitiveness as Boylan.
I disagree there will be a running clock and I think it will be a close game either way, we will know in a couple hours.

Anyone at the game? How’s it looking out there? I am seeing 7-7 on Twitter. Not sure if still correct

Reactions: Northking44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT