boom or bust

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
boom or bust years?

LWE----bust
NC------bust
Loyola---boom
Naz----boom

Much of the above is based on a bit of speculation; how could it be not? There is a tinge, yet built on history. Am I wrong? I need to see NC return to what I consider one of the best teams ever (early 2000 team - the year i never remember); I need to see LWE beat MC or Loyola more specifically now; Loyola has shown me the ability to reload very quickly; and Naz has what it needs (a smaller enrollment) to avoid the three above it.

welcome back the darkside.

boom or bust years?

LWE----bust
NC------bust
Loyola---boom
Naz----boom

Much of the above is based on a bit of speculation; how could it be not? There is a tinge, yet built on history. Am I wrong? I need to see NC return to what I consider one of the best teams ever (early 2000 team - the year i never remember); I need to see LWE beat MC or Loyola more specifically now; Loyola has shown me the ability to reload very quickly; and Naz has what it needs (a smaller enrollment) to avoid the three above it.

LWE has beat Loyola. It wasn’t that long ago.
Your really reaching with your speculation. I am sure is the Griffins play Loyola again they will be more than ready after what happened last year.

Reactions: Bowie50
boom or bust years?

LWE----bust
NC------bust
Loyola---boom
Naz----boom

How could NC be down with all those transfers?

How could LWE be down with those large number of students going out for football?

How could NC be down with all those transfers?

How could LWE be down with those large number of students going out for football?
Very easy. It’s tough when you have transfers especially a bunch of high profile ones. It’s not always a seamless transition. Remember there’s a reason they left behind their school to begin with, SOMETIMES it’s because of them and not the school. When you have a program as big and successful as NC a transfer could rock the boat. All I’m saying is it’s not always a positive thing, although I’m certain NC would rather take their chances.

Last edited:
boom or bust years?

LWE----bust
NC------bust
Loyola---boom
Naz----boom

JCHill....seems like you've generated a fair amount of responses. You haven't lost your touch. :cool:

Very easy. It’s tough when you have transfers especially a bunch of high profile ones. It’s not always a seamless transition. Remember there’s a reason they left behind their school to begin with, SOMETIMES it’s because of them and not the school. When you have a program as big and successful as NC a transfer could rock the boat. All I’m saying is it’s not always a positive thing, although I’m certainly NC would rather take their chances.

Well all my poker chips are betting on NC.

Reactions: Gene K.
LWE has beat Loyola. It wasn’t that long ago.
Your really reaching with your speculation. I am sure is the Griffins play Loyola again they will be more than ready after what happened last year.

more than ready, i'm certain. I've never doubted LWE's ability, coaching, etc...but I do think LWE has a CCL problem.

Very easy. It’s tough when you have transfers especially a bunch of high profile ones. It’s not always a seamless transition. Remember there’s a reason they left behind their school to begin with, SOMETIMES it’s because of them and not the school. When you have a program as big and successful as NC a transfer could rock the boat. All I’m saying is it’s not always a positive thing, although I’m certain NC would rather take their chances.

Naz has more transfers this year than NC.

Reactions: mc140
Like I said they are not running scared from the CCL. What’s East record over-all including regular season?

Not sure. I don't remember them playing any CCL teams in the regular season other than PC, and they never lost to the Celtics. Therefore, I would say they are 7-5 or 8-5 overall vs the CCL?

My prediction is naz will be the biggest bust this year. Lost a lot of senior playmakers and the incoming players don’t look like they can match the talent they had last year.

LWE... the only problem I see is the fact Joliet Catholic has NEVER scheduled them EVER. Jeez Providence gave it a go. And LWE has not always been 9A. No excuse for this not to happen.

LWE is 0-2 vs Rita in the regular season. Before turf at LWE and I remember one game was very good.

And just for the equal statement Gary Korhonen and Richards beat the Griffins in Frankfort the meeting they had. Public school.

My prediction is naz will be the biggest bust this year. Lost a lot of senior playmakers and the incoming players don’t look like they can match the talent they had last year.
That’s honestly fair but are you are practices to know what the replacements look like? I haven’t seen much of those guys either but Tyler Morris is something else.

Naz will be very good this year and certainly not a bust. They have a great coach who knows how to game plan. And they have JJ at QB as well as Morris, two of the most talented athletes in the state. Don't see that big drop off in talent which would lead to a bust season.

Funny coming from an LT guy. You know all about bust seasons.

I think all will make the semis except for NC. Not sure if that is boom or bust for those teams.

FWIW, I’ve got LWE’s record at 4-5 in the playoffs vs CCL teams.
In the playoffs:
2002 40 7 over Brother Rice
2004 26 20 over Brother Rice
2005 32 6 over Brother Rice
2006 12 14 Loss to Mt Carmel
2008 31 34 Loss to Mt Carmel
2012 24 14 over Provi
2014 7 20 Loss to Mt Carmel
2017 23 14 over Loyola Academy
2018 16 24 loss to Loyola Academy
So in the playoffs its 5-4 LWE

Like I said they are not running scared from the CCL. What’s East record over-all including regular season?

Not sure. I don't remember them playing any CCL teams in the regular season other than PC, and they never lost to the Celtics. Therefore, I would say they are 7-5 or 8-5 overall vs the CCL?

Regular season
Lost to st Rita in 2003 and 2004
Beat Provi in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Beat Carmel in 2012 and 2013
Beat Montini in 2012

So they are 8-2 in the regular season for a total of 13-6 LWE

I'd say we have more of a Mount Carmel problem. the rest of the CCL not so much

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RednBlack and USD24
In the playoffs:
2002 40 7 over Brother Rice
2004 26 20 over Brother Rice
2005 32 6 over Brother Rice
2006 12 14 Loss to Mt Carmel
2008 31 34 Loss to Mt Carmel
2012 24 14 over Provi
2014 7 20 Loss to Mt Carmel
2017 23 14 over Loyola Academy
2018 16 24 loss to Loyola Academy
So in the playoffs its 5-4 LWE

Regular season
Lost to st Rita in 2003 and 2004
Beat Provi in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Beat Carmel in 2012 and 2013
Beat Montini in 2012

So they are 8-2 in the regular season for a total of 13-6 LWE

Id say we have more of a Mount Carmel problem. the rest of the CCL not so much
Thanks for doing the research....i was too lazy!

Thanks Dad..I am getting too old to remember the exact years of the St. Rita games but I did remember the turf...go figure. Go Griffs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT