ADVERTISEMENT

Bones was upset for a reason

Mateesen14

Nov 14, 2003
Bones wasn’t happy with the Waubonsie Valley draw...Is Swag High in trouble in traveling to Aurora in this matchup?

I wouldn't say they are in trouble......Swagger High is a huge huge favorite. WV a huge huge underdog.

That said - two things to consider:

1 WV seems to be playing much better in the postseason than it was in the back half of the regular season (granted just a 1 game sample. Question is - can they keep it going?)

2. WV has a recent history of being a huge underdog and knocking off top 10 high seeds. Just ask Edwardsville (3 seed) and Naperville Central (6 seed) in 2015 and Hinsdale Central (2 seed) in 2016.

Last edited:
In his defense being a HUGE illini 8/Sica Fan Bolingbrook has ALWAYS gotten the tough draws in the playoffs from way back when.While many other SICA teams got CPS in round 1 Bolingbrook like it's Will County buddies always got the tough teams.Lockport,Romeoville,Lincoln Way would always get Danville,ESL,Moline,East Moline early on.Bolingbrook would get the Glenbards or Hinsdales or Joliet Catholic

All the football measurements and records and analysis doesn’t matter. If 0Feet0 picks your team, that team doesn’t have a chance. Might as well not show up. Be afraid of the 0Feeto0 pick. Lol

Reactions: Gene K.
I wouldn't say they are in trouble......Swagger High is a huge huge favorite. WV a huge huge underdog.

That said - two things to consider:

1 WV seems to be playing much better in the postseason than it was in the back half of the regular season (granted just a 1 game sample. Question is - can they keep it going?)

2. WV has a recent history of being a huge underdog and knocking off top 10 high seeds. Just ask Edwardsville (3 seed) and Naperville Central (6 seed) in 2015 and Hinsdale Central (2 seed) in 2016.

I am picking WV in this one...They just find ways to win. Maine South has looked pretty vulnerable in the games I have seen of theirs.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I am picking WV in this one...They just find ways to win. Maine South has looked pretty vulnerable in the games I have seen of theirs.

Dub V will have to play a solid game in all 3 phases and no turnovers and preferably the D forces a couple of them from MS. Also, I think the MS starting QB is back. He was out for a lot of the regular season games.

One of the scariest things about MS is all that experience in the playoffs and deep in the playoffs and the adjustments their great staff makes. I remember a few years ago a Maine South team that was shaky in the regular season (far shakier than this years 9-1 team) and they made some changes and had some guys going both ways for playoffs, and they made a run to the title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT