ADVERTISEMENT

Bolingbrook/GW

You're doing a great job!

Keep it up!

Rain was made to dry, dont let it get you down.

....Looking forward to those updates....every 10 minutes or so would be perfect.

Maybe the board could take a collection and get you a new red rain poncho.

Go Brook!

Last edited:
With the way that field drains water they will be ankle deep in mud by halftime and the field will be completely destroyed for the rest of the year by the end of the game. Would hate to be the grounds keeper at GW.

Bones post updates once the game starts.

It's called job security for groundskeeper. Rumor before letting in was moving to South, but that did not happen

Poor snap on punt gives Brook ball in redzone. Raiders push it in. Gbw returns kick. Damn

21-7 gbw

Final. You know what, I'm not mad at this game. We're going to be a lot better in week 8 than today.

Good game GBW fans and good luck the rest of the way.

GW 28 - Brook 7, final. Biggest factor in the game was the field, which was soaked. I am impressed with Brooks defense line and linebackers. Good group of kids that played hard for 4 qtrs. Impressive group and well coached. Was a little surprised at the low fan turnout. As for GW, defense played really well, and the secondary is solid, which was a concern of mine before the season started. On offense, the line had their hands full with the Brook defense front, and the running game was slowed down by the rain and field. Biggest positive for GW was a solid passing game. GW ' s areas of improvement: offense pace.

agree Chuck, Da Brook has a studly front 5 on defense. Difference in the game was quarterback play. West throws three long passes and doesn't turn the ball over while DaB throws 3 INTs and had something like 4 fumbles, most on exchange or mishandled shot gun snaps. If West continues to stretch the field, they will be very tough to beat this year. Da Brook will be fine and very glad to get back on turf. Those front five are ballers.

Reactions: chuck998
agree Chuck, Da Brook has a studly front 5 on defense. Difference in the game was quarterback play. West throws three long passes and doesn't turn the ball over while DaB throws 3 INTs and had something like 4 fumbles, most on exchange or mishandled shot gun snaps. If West continues to stretch the field, they will be very tough to beat this year. Da Brook will be fine and very glad to get back on turf. Those front five are ballers.
Yeah Cap, I think we did better when we went under center. Far too many issues snapping the ball yesterday. I dont know if it was the conditions or just the way it is because last time we used that formation we had a bunch of the same. Either way, once these guys get some more experience they'll be fine.

I thought you guys did good on those 4th down conversions. Thats where I think the difference was. Here's to a couple long playoff runs...

Reactions: chuck998
I tell you what, if that big dude carried the ball 35 times, that would have been a different game. I know he is good LB and was getting worn down by the end, but he is a Mac truck. It might not be sexy but he could punish teams into submission often this.

I think Edgy dropped you guys too low but that will be corrected in time. Good luck on a long run. If Soucie is right, we will be in different brackets which would mean we wouldn't have to face that front five again. Those guys are Tuf

Last edited:
Btw, to the 2 assistant coaches, from a team I will not mention, who were scouting the game yesterday: there is no such thing as a tackle eligible play in HS football. Wouldn't want to see your defense mis-playing that formation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT