ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest upset?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Has to be Geneva over WWS right?

Glenbrook South over Barrington another one pretty close....

Never mind just saw Palatine over Maine South,

Done. Out!

Based on recent history the Geneva win is a Much bigger upset than palatine. Palatine just a few years removed from semifinal appearances. Geneva multiple zero win seasons in conference in past several years

Reactions: Panthers1211
Based on recent history the Geneva win is a Much bigger upset than palatine. Palatine just a few years removed from semifinal appearances. Geneva multiple zero win seasons in conference in past several years

You have to look at who they beat. WWS is no slouch but MS was ranked very high

Reactions: Gene K.
What does Palatine’s win say about Warren’s loss to MS, if anything?
Warren’s defense is second to none. I put it up there with Warren Central,IN 2006 and LA 2009 as one of the top defenses I have seen in person. I think the lose is more about MS being over confident than anything. No disrespect to Palatine. If Swagger High doesn’t play with swagger. This is the outcome.

Lockport over HF?
Remember 2018-19 season Lockport was 0-9.
Maybe they should have kept that head coach for the red and black school in 210?

Reactions: Gene K.
3 key starters out for MS last night. No excuse. Just saying.
I understand, but then there's also the Pirates who had their top threat out according to KP. Everyone has issues. Just like I'm sure MS didn't care that Oles was out when they faced them in the semis a few years back. Out of curiosity, who was out for MS? Hopefully nothing too serious

IMO, Warren's offense needs more work than we thought, and I think MS has a really good defense (but not the world beating defense we thought).
I wonder how much they're sacrificing on offense to have that defense. I know when we played them in '19 we handed them about 11 of their 18 points with a scoop and score and muffed punt. If they would be a little more imaginative on offense I'd crown them.

I wonder how much they're sacrificing on offense to have that defense. I know when we played them in '19 we handed them about 11 of their 18 points with a scoop and score and muffed punt. If they would be a little more imaginative on offense I'd crown them.
Seems like they have the talent to spread it around, but they can't quite put it all together. Hard to say

I wouldn’t crown them yet a lot of good teams and they have to earn it.

Maybe. Not sure they have the coaching. This is not a knock just my opinion.

I understand, but then there's also the Pirates who had their top threat out according to KP. Everyone has issues. Just like I'm sure MS didn't care that Oles was out when they faced them in the semis a few years back. Out of curiosity, who was out for MS? Hopefully nothing too serious
Yeah..it's been kinda glossed over, but Bostick was in street clothes on the sideline last night. Ball's not been 100% either. What's the old Don Rumsfeld quote? You go to war with the army you have, not the army you wish you had.

Yeah..it's been kinda glossed over, but Bostick was in street clothes on the sideline last night. Ball's not been 100% either. What's the old Don Rumsfeld quote? You go to war with the army you have, not the army you wish you had.
Well said Jason.

Reactions: Bowie50
Lockport- George Czart has set things right. 4-0 is still 4-0. H-F is a first year head coach from a similar situation as Coach Czart. LP has it’s real test ahead with the Brook and LWE. Irony is a certain District 210 school has been closed over 5 years and still the videographer/film guy and a LWC glory dude are still butt hurt about the fall out enough to mention it while praising the Porters and Coach Czart. You can choose to ignore me, name call, or anything you want but move along folks. There is no guarantee for tomorrow. Unless you want to include Amazon West opening across from our shared tax burden. Nice job Porters and this could be a special year in Lockport based on TODAYS events. Peace.

Lockport- George Czart has set things right. 4-0 is still 4-0. H-F is a first year head coach from a similar situation as Coach Czart. LP has it’s real test ahead with the Brook and LWE. Irony is a certain District 210 school has been closed over 5 years and still the videographer/film guy and a LWC glory dude are still butt hurt about the fall out enough to mention it while praising the Porters and Coach Czart. You can choose to ignore me, name call, or anything you want but move along folks. There is no guarantee for tomorrow. Unless you want to include Amazon West opening across from our shared tax burden. Nice job Porters and this could be a special year in Lockport based on TODAYS events. Peace.
I will admit this year it appears Lockport is back. Congrats on an impressive win over HF.

If they are going to beat LWE this is the year against these young Griffins. I am not throwing in the towel I hope they grow and get better every week going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Bwm57
I wouldn’t mind an entire thread dedicated to Donald Rumsfeld quotes…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT