ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest upset of the night

For me it’s either TF North beating Hillcrest by a point and winning the South Suburban Blue or Decatur Mac upsetting SHG….and also seeing Joliet West get to 7 wins in a regular season for the first time since 1969,,,,,wow
This had the potential of being a back-and-forth game to the final horn. SHG took the 2nd half kickoff and drove deep into Generals' territory. However, a 4th down play by the Cyclones ended up one yard short, Mac took over and proceeded to drive down the field for a go-ahead touchdown. From then on, the Cyclones had no answer, and the Generals continued to make the plays they had to and then some. That 4th down play turned the entire game around, MacArthur put the pedal down for the entire remainder of the game. This has to be Mac's most impressive win in many a year, I would suppose.

It will be interesting to see what Mac does on the road against Bloomington next week. Not sure how much the emotion of this win will effect them. As far as the Cyclones are concerned, they went from getting a first-round playoff game at home to who knows where.

Upset? OK!!!!!!!!

MacArthur has come a long way from a Week 3 loss at U High, where they trailed 28-0 before getting two late scores. Both SHG (35-17) and Chatham (35-0) beat U High, while the Generals now have wins over both SHG and Chatham (14-12).

This had the potential of being a back-and-forth game to the final horn. SHG took the 2nd half kickoff and drove deep into Generals' territory. However, a 4th down play by the Cyclones ended up one yard short, Mac took over and proceeded to drive down the field for a go-ahead touchdown. From then on, the Cyclones had no answer, and the Generals continued to make the plays they had to and then some. That 4th down play turned the entire game around, MacArthur put the pedal down for the entire remainder of the game. This has to be Mac's most impressive win in many a year, I would suppose.

It will be interesting to see what Mac does on the road against Bloomington next week. Not sure how much the emotion of this win will effect them. As far as the Cyclones are concerned, they went from getting a first-round playoff game at home to who knows where.

Upset? OK!!!!!!!!
All.... Correct. ^ Ratsy

Last edited:
All.... My vote would easily be Sterling losing to Rock Island. The Golden Warriors are now 3-5 and having a tough year. They played Quincy in a tight loss last week and then dropped Friday's game to the 1-6 Rocks. I had them winning this one easily even with all of their scoring issues and looked forward to a big game next week with Moline as both schools would be playing for that fifth win. Ratsy

DePaul tying it up late in the 4th with a 30-yard TD on 4th and 15, missing the PAT, and in 2OT going for 2 and getting the completion in the corner of the end zone.

Battles of 4-4s DP and DLS and 4-4 F vs Immaculate Recuperation next week.

While not a big upset, one with playoff implications is the Mt. Zion loss to Effingham. The Flaming Hearts came into last nights game at 3-4 and are now looking to become playoff eligible next week if they take care of business against Centralia.

Reactions: rocketnation

Upset? OK!!!!!!!!
I think you need to put a few more exclamation marks after OK, you sound a little upset that there was an upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

For me it was 1-6 Rock Island over Sterling. Sterling looked like night and day compared to the Quincy game.
All.... Anything else you can add? I couldn't believe it when I saw the score. Turnovers, half the team didn't show up ? I can't remember the last time you guys didn't make the postseason. Ratsy

Last edited:
All.... Anything else you can add? I couldn't believe it when I saw the score. Turnovers, half the team didn't show up ? I can't remember the last time you guys didn't make the postseason. Ratsy
Ratsy,
It was as if they didn’t want to play in the rain, there was no urgency the entire game. They could not complete passes or get the run game going. Sterling had one decent drive all night that they scored on 4th and 1 otherwise credit to RI for shutting them down. Sterling had at least two turnovers and I don’t think RI had any. Difference in the game was one running back for RI that was playing like it was the State Championship and had a few key long runs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT