ADVERTISEMENT

Best Week 2 Matchups

My bad. I do agree it should be a pretty good game. And the field will be destroyed by the end of the game.
No worries, it’s always something that is brought up whenever a team has to play on grass instead of turf. The same things were said about Stagg, Eckersall, Winnemac, and Rockne stadiums here in Chicago for years.

No worries, it’s always something that is brought up whenever a team has to play on grass instead of turf. The same things were said about Stagg, Eckersall, Winnemac, and Rockne stadiums here in Chicago for years.
The field is already destroyed.

Not so sure about that, the Big Northern was a very tough conference this year and can hang with IC and SF imo.

Big Northern & ICE in 3A, 4A Big Northern, Metro & ICE...There are really only 3 good teams in 3A - Wilmington, Byron, Princeton. Coal City gets the benefit in 4A of non-con games with Morris & McNamara to avoid the high powered woodchipper game in the second round...6 running clocks in the 4A north first round - and IC vs. the CPL team is one of the non-running clock games.

If post-2016, America has shown racists to be proud to be racists. Personally, I think racist pieces of shit should be called out for being racist pieces of shit.

sorry you disagree.
2016 huh? Why don't you take your political crap and wallow in it somewhere else.

Some others:

Rita vs. Sterling
Chatham Glenwood vs. Lemont
Minooka vs. Edwardsville....upset alert here
H-F vs. NV

not sure what the upset is. I'd make Eville at least 2 TDs favorites

not sure what the upset is. I'd make Eville at least 2 TDs favorites

Agreed.

If you have seen both teams play Eville is the favorite. I’m sure Minooka will give a giant effort but I have Eville hosting a quarterfinal.

Records mean nothing during playoff time.

Give me EVILLE-10

Triad vs sacred heart thoughts???
Triad has a much more diverse playbook this year than in years past, so I think they can put some points up. They have both some speed and hard hitters on their offense so they’re pretty adaptable. Triad probably won’t have their kicker though since he’ll most likely be at state for soccer and he’s been pretty good so that will hurt them. I don’t know as much about SHG but it appears they will be hard to stop until they get tired. Line play should be a major factor but I’m not sure where SHG stands with that. I’ll be at that game so I may post updates but I’m not sure how much interest it would have

Triad has a much more diverse playbook this year than in years past, so I think they can put some points up. They have both some speed and hard hitters on their offense so they’re pretty adaptable. Triad probably won’t have their kicker though since he’ll most likely be at state for soccer and he’s been pretty good so that will hurt them. I don’t know as much about SHG but it appears they will be hard to stop until they get tired. Line play should be a major factor but I’m not sure where SHG stands with that. I’ll be at that game so I may post updates but I’m not sure how much interest it would have

"until they get tired" from scoring so much, or from Triad wearing them down? Little more info, please. I will be interested in following the line play, also. SHG has some size on both lines, but that does not always translate into dominant play. We shall see.

"until they get tired" from scoring so much, or from Triad wearing them down? Little more info, please. I will be interested in following the line play, also. SHG has some size on both lines, but that does not always translate into dominant play. We shall see.
I just think that between Triad’s playing style and I could be wrong on this but it seems SHG plays some players both ways which means they’ll tire obviously. Also it seems they ran out of a gas a bit last week against Morris. But that’s only one week that I’ve paid much attention to them so I don’t know how accurate that is to judge off of. By Triad’s playing style, I mean that they are a lot of ground and pound on offense, while the defense is hard to lead long drives against. Even in their three losses, nobody really drove down the field on them it was just big plays they let up

Thanks for the info and thoughts. As far as the Morris game is concerned, it was the Redskins' passing in the second half which allowed them to come back on SHG, not the ground and pound game wearing the Cyclones down. I think one thing in Triad's favor is the fact that SHG at times does not put teams away when they have the opportunity to do so. Should the Knights get down early, it definitely does not spell their doom. They will have to be able to pass if down however, since that is where SHG is vulnerable.

Thanks for the info and thoughts. As far as the Morris game is concerned, it was the Redskins' passing in the second half which allowed them to come back on SHG, not the ground and pound game wearing the Cyclones down. I think one thing in Triad's favor is the fact that SHG at times does not put teams away when they have the opportunity to do so. Should the Knights get down early, it definitely does not spell their doom. They will have to be able to pass if down however, since that is where SHG is vulnerable.
Thanks for your info as well. I just hope if Triad wins, Highland wins as well since there is quite a rivalry between those two. And on the other side, if SHG wins, who wouldn’t want another Leonard Bowl? I think SHG and Rochester are both solid favorites in those two games but nothing would surprise me too much

I just think that between Triad’s playing style and I could be wrong on this but it seems SHG plays some players both ways which means they’ll tire obviously. Also it seems they ran out of a gas a bit last week against Morris. But that’s only one week that I’ve paid much attention to them so I don’t know how accurate that is to judge off of. By Triad’s playing style, I mean that they are a lot of ground and pound on offense, while the defense is hard to lead long drives against. Even in their three losses, nobody really drove down the field on them it was just big plays they let up

Thanks for your info as well. I just hope if Triad wins, Highland wins as well since there is quite a rivalry between those two. And on the other side, if SHG wins, who wouldn’t want another Leonard Bowl? I think SHG and Rochester are both solid favorites in those two games but nothing would surprise me too much

The fact that Triad and Highland would meet if both win flew right under my radar. I heard that calling Triad/Highland a rivalry is putting it mildly. You're correct, another Leonard Bowl is a possibility, but I think the odds of Rochester winning this week are much higher than SHG winning although both are, as you say, solid favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT