ADVERTISEMENT

Best Round 1 games.

I was just wondering this morning which game might be the best match up. I usually meet some guys at Starbucks early on Saturdays. Two guys usually go to games if there are any. This week I am going to go with them. Just don't know where yet.

Oh, we know of it, but no cocktails served there. Bartolini's?
Hog Wild best pork chop sandwich ever! (Cash only no cocktails)

Bartolinis just a little further North on Pulaski... MEATBALL sandwich!!!! Trust me on this one. Bar available

Last edited:
Reactions: IgorStL
The O is multi-dimensional. NV has a big, strong RB, a QB who is equally gifted at running or throwing, and 3-4 WRs who are big, athletic, and fast. They can play a ground and pound game like they did against NC or GBN or open it up as they did against ESL. The QB is going D1 and he is the key to the O.
Conant is decent, but will not be able to keep up with NV. I would honestly be amazed if Conant kept it within three scores without NV having a complete meltdown against the triple option.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Anyone, thoughts on Edwardsville-St. Charles East round one matchup? I know nothing about Edwardsville.....

Edwardsville is undisciplined and commits a lot of penalties and unforced turnovers making them inconsistent. The two losses came to CBC (St. Louis) and ESL. The loss to CBC came in week two, but Edwardsville played less than 1 quarter of football in week one and it showed in the first half against CBC. In the 2nd half, Edwardsville outplayed CBC, but it wasn't enough to make up for the deficit of the 1st half. In the loss to ESL, the game was actually much closer and more competitive than the final score indicates. Edwardsville was only down by 1 score in the 4th before ESL took control. That game was also played without Eville's best player, making it likely that the game would have been very different if he were healthy. That same player either wasn't healthy or had limited action in wins over Belleville East and O'Fallon, but Eville also played very poorly in those games. Last week against Vianney, with their star player finally getting closer to 100%, Eville played a bit better, but was still inconsistent. It's tough to say how this Eville team will perform. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the semi's or even the state championship game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they lost in round one.

Edwardsville is undisciplined and commits a lot of penalties and unforced turnovers making them inconsistent. The two losses came to CBC (St. Louis) and ESL. The loss to CBC came in week two, but Edwardsville played less than 1 quarter of football in week one and it showed in the first half against CBC. In the 2nd half, Edwardsville outplayed CBC, but it wasn't enough to make up for the deficit of the 1st half. In the loss to ESL, the game was actually much closer and more competitive than the final score indicates. Edwardsville was only down by 1 score in the 4th before ESL took control. That game was also played without Eville's best player, making it likely that the game would have been very different if he were healthy. That same player either wasn't healthy or had limited action in wins over Belleville East and O'Fallon, but Eville also played very poorly in those games. Last week against Vianney, with their star player finally getting closer to 100%, Eville played a bit better, but was still inconsistent. It's tough to say how this Eville team will perform. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the semi's or even the state championship game, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they lost in round one.
Thank you, anyone have a suggestion on a twitter account to follow down there for game updates?

Thanks again playboymixx!

Reactions: playboymixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT