ADVERTISEMENT

Best Round 1 games.

I don’t know enough about Conant to know if the NV/Conant game will be a good one.

Obviously Hinsdale Central/Brook, Ramblers/Swagger, and StL/Hillcrest are juicy opening round games.

I don’t know enough about Conant to know if the NV/Conant game will be a good one.

Obviously Hinsdale Central/Brook, Ramblers/Swagger, and StL/Hillcrest are juicy opening round games.

I was looking at the NV/Conant game also but like you I don’t know enough about Conant. LA/GW goes without saying. I am not Sure about the StL/Hillcrest game?

Conant lives and dies by the run game. They run the triple option. They have literally thrown the ball under 50 times the entire season. They try to control the clock and limit opponents possessions. RB is a stud. Defense is solid. If you get a sizable lead on them it’s over.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
I don’t really know anything about NV but based on their schedule I’d be surprised if they don’t win by at least two scores.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Conant lives and dies by the run game. They run the triple option. They have literally thrown the ball under 50 times the entire season. They try to control the clock and limit opponents possessions. RB is a stud. Defense is solid. If you get a sizable lead on them it’s over.
Thanks for the insight.
I’ll say this about NV....the weakness in their D was the secondary. Earlier in the season they put two of their stud WRs at DB, playing them both ways. That has made a difference in the D.
Their DL is solid and their LBs are extremely active. Sounds like the battle in the trenches will be the thing to watch Saturday afternoon. Should be a good game.

Is SCE off school on Friday? This could be the reason to accept the Friday game.

I don’t really know anything about NV but based on their schedule I’d be surprised if they don’t win by at least two scores.
The O is multi-dimensional. NV has a big, strong RB, a QB who is equally gifted at running or throwing, and 3-4 WRs who are big, athletic, and fast. They can play a ground and pound game like they did against NC or GBN or open it up as they did against ESL. The QB is going D1 and he is the key to the O.

Reactions: MSLguy05
Well if the game is at 6 then they're basically off school, no? On a bus wouldn't you have to give yourself 5 hours travel? Be in the parking lot by 4, so that's 11 depart time at the latest.

My vote is for Sacred Heart @ Morris... 2 p.m. on Saturday....expecting a close contest...

It may be a close one on the scoreboard, but I think Morris will beat them up physically in the middle quarters and eventually beat them up mentally by wearing them down. I remember the 2012 game in which Morris pushed them around, and unless the philosophy of both teams have changed, I wouldn't expect a different outcome.

It may be a close one on the scoreboard, but I think Morris will beat them up physically in the middle quarters and eventually beat them up mentally by wearing them down. I remember the 2012 game in which Morris pushed them around, and unless the philosophy of both teams have changed, I wouldn't expect a different outcome.
Well said... I think the Kaneland game gave Morris the confidence they needed heading into the postseason.... Add in the fact that they are home (sometimes a tough place to play, would be tougher on a Friday night, imo) and that this seems like a slightly down year for SH, because of their youth, and I give the edge to Morris...34 - 27...

Reactions: penlight
Total head scratcher for me. Odd.
Didn’t East St Louis travel up north twice this year on Fridays? I don’t think this is unheard of. Guessing they leave early, stop somewhere and do walk through, get there early, eat and go through normal pregame. It does make it hard on fans though but guessing you weren’t getting many to make that trip anyway other than the parents.

Didn’t East St Louis travel up north twice this year on Fridays? I don’t think this is unheard of. Guessing they leave early, stop somewhere and do walk through, get there early, eat and go through normal pregame. It does make it hard on fans though but guessing you weren’t getting many to make that trip anyway other than the parents.
Three times....Batavia, Neuqua, Nape Central.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT